The online racing simulator
CTRA LFS action footage
Hi all,

I'm planning on making a little - or rather quite a large - sim racing compilation, with as many sims as possible. As of right now, I currently own GPL, NR2003, LFS, rFactor and RBR and will be able to capture footage from most of these by myself. However, I neither have the knowledge to use the LFS replay/camera system confidently, nor do I have any actual replays to do justice to this sector of simracing.

I'd like as much variation as possible, with both the GT and open wheel cars, as I'll be trying to showcase simracing as a whole - with all the different methods currently available.

This is why I've come here, and to this subforum specifically, to ask for footage of both good clean racing and the inevitable crashes. I have raced on the CTRA servers on a number of occasions, and I'm confident at least some of you have at least some replays of some action packed racing saved somewhere on your HD

Depending on how many, if any, volunteer to do any capturing, I'll send you my e-mail address to which you can send the captures. Preferably with sound. Obviously I'll include your name in the credits.

Cheers!
-Esben
Just to clarify

- I can't capture the footage from LFS myself. Or rather, I'd much prefer not to as I'm pretty sure it wouldn't turn out as well as I know it would, if somebody more experienced did it. Thanks for the tip though, Sam!
- I'd prefer not to use footage that has already been used. This film needs to be done properly, and I believe unique footage is a requirement for that.
Quote from Gazork0 :Just to clarify

- I can't capture the footage from LFS myself. Or rather, I'd much prefer not to as I'm pretty sure it wouldn't turn out as well as I know it would, if somebody more experienced did it. Thanks for the tip though, Sam!
- I'd prefer not to use footage that has already been used. This film needs to be done properly, and I believe unique footage is a requirement for that.

I would still have a look even if just for ideas, IMO the best type of coverage available for LFS, especially rounds 9-11.
#5 - Dru
what versions of LFS do you have?

no point giving him old material if hes only got PAtch Y19 installed

edit: forget it - I see you wanna 'captured' material...
#6 - SamH
What resolution captures are you looking for, and what file formats can you work from? I can capture gigs upon gigs of LFS footage, but uploading gigs in the wrong format doesn't carry much appeal
512 x 384 and I'm capturing my stuff from fraps, so that'd be *.avi files.

I'm far from being an expert at this technical side of things, but a friend of mine says it'd be a good idea to compress your captured footage with XviD or something similar (no watermark). The whole film is going to be around 5-6 minutes long, depending on what version of the track I've got in mind I end up using, just go give a general idea of how much footage I'll be needing

Other than that: Keep it varied, keep it exciting and by all means tell me if I'm doing anything wrong

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG