The online racing simulator
Soundcard Problems
(7 posts, started )
Soundcard Problems
I have a Giga-Byte GA-8IPE1000PRO-G motherboard, and I'm having issues with the onboard AC '97 soundcard. Specifically, I get some weird feedback between my microphone and speakers. It makes it tough to use teamspeak of any other two way communication.

Basically, my microphone always comes out through my speakers, which gets annoying, but the most annoying part, any sound my system makes goes back through my microphone, about twice as loud, deafening anyone on the other side. This is some sort of electronic loopback, because even if I have my speakers turned all the way down, so I can't even hear anything, the person on the other end basically goes deaf. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm not really in the position to spend the money for a new soundcard.

This was not happening before, but I reformatted my system the other day, and now it's not working, I installed the same drivers that I had before, then went and looked, and found the newest drivers for the card, but it still has the same issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.
I had that same problem!!! The only way I managed to cure it was to buy a USB headset, so now I can use TS.

I don't know what caused it, and I never found a cure other than USB headsets. I didn't have lots of options like "What U Hear" or anything to choose from in TS or in control panel.
Turn off the microphone output:

Open up the sound control panel by double clicking on the icon in the system tray,
Goto options, properties
Select your mixer device
Select Playback
Make sure Microphone is selected/ticked in the volume controls
Click Ok
Mute your Microphone

You'll also need to tweak your record volume levels, and microphone - speaker distance, to get the feedback to go away. This is standard with ANY audio equipment.

Sorted.
The thing is, it's not like feedback you can hear, even with the speakers turned off, the people on the other end can hear every sound my system makes. It's sounding more and more like I just need to break down and buy a soundcard. :-\
Yeah, I had fun playing Media Player to other people over TS. My mic was muted, my speakers were off, and I couldn't hear anything. But they could hear my media player.
When you say the mic comes out near the speakers, do you mean you have a mic jack on the speakers? If so, try the mic jack on the back of your PC. No clue if it will help but meh. If that's not what you ment... I'm all out of ideas :P
The mic is plugged directly into the back of the comptuer. Sounds like I need a USB headset. And yes, Tristian, I can act as a DJ, and add some music to the races for everyone :P

Soundcard Problems
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG