CMX files
(9 posts, started )
#1 - D34N0
CMX files
What applications can open the cmx files?

The reason is a friend is trying to use Rhino (www.rhino3d.com) to do some renders but is unable to open the files. I have used the cmx to 3ds converter and rhino is able to open the .3ds files but when he sets any of the lighting info it renders a blank screen. I noticed in the file format on the LFS site it includes lighting info. So I assume the converter converts this too.

Does any one have the mesh models without any of lighting info or know how to get them.

Regards
Dean
i haven't rendered since early S2 pre-release days, but as far as i know there isn't any programs that will open CMX files directly.
sorry i could be of more help
#5 - D34N0
Tweaker - Thanks for that but that was the converter I used. and have also read that thread

GP4Flo - Thanks.. The person doing the renders uses Rhino professionally so he knows how to work with wire models and rendering

What I beleive is that converter converts the lighting info listed on the LFS in the CMX Format section and that is stopping Rhino applying different lighting effects.

Is there a way to get the converter not to convert the lighting info.?
Are there any other CMX->3DS converters?

This is what i get when trying to convert CMX to 3DS using the above link:

java -cp Cmx_2_3ds "C:\Downloads\LFS_VIEWER_S2N_ALPHA\data\cmx\XRT - XR GT TURBO.cmx"

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Downloads\LFS_VIEWER_S2N_ALPHA\data\cmx\XRT - XR GT TURBO/cmx
nevermind, i got the CMX import plugin for 3DSmax 7 from rscnet
Quote from gatorman :nevermind, i got the CMX import plugin for 3DSmax 7 from rscnet

could u pleaze gimme the link 4 that
Damn...tried searchin 4 like 2days now and still cant find it...

CMX files
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG