The online racing simulator
Training replay? [solved]
(10 posts, started )
#1 - Chupo
Is it possible to make one?

ps
Why are Single Player replays being saved despite of 'enabled - manual save' option?

Thanx!
Quote from Chupo :Is it possible to make one?

ps
Why are Single Player replays being saved despite of 'enabled - manual save' option?

Thanx!

What do you mean by "training replay"? Very fast lap or what? Get WR record replays from http://www.lfsworld.net (log as Guest)
I think what he's asking is if it's possible to select one of training scenes and save a replay of driving it.
#4 - Chupo
Quote from varjsa-9 :I think what he's asking is if it's possible to select one of training scenes and save a replay of driving it.

That is exactly what I was asking.

Single player (mode) replay-->Multiplayer (mode) replay-->Training (mode) replay.

Sorry if I was not quite understandable.
To keep a training replay, press SHIFT+F4 (to go into a window) when you are watching the replay. Then look for the most recent SPR in the data\SPR folder and rename it, so it doesn't get deleted when you exit from training.

Single Player Replays will be saved (even if it says manual save) if you press the 1 key or the 2 key to watch the replay. Pressing the 1 key or the 2 key is considered a manual save. It won't be saved if you simply exit from the game without watching the replay.
#6 - Chupo
Quote from Scawen :
To keep a training replay, press SHIFT+F4 (to go into a window) when you are watching the replay. Then look for the most recent SPR in the data\SPR folder and rename it, so it doesn't get deleted when you exit from training.

Thank you very much! How did you discover that 'feature'? Is there any detailed manual with all of the options explained? I have found a link somewhere inside this forum, but the link was death.

I wonder why manual save doesn't work with the trainings the same way as with the single/multiplayer modes?

Quote from Scawen :
Single Player Replays will be saved (even if it says manual save) if you press the 1 key or the 2 key to watch the replay. Pressing the 1 key or the 2 key is considered a manual save. It won't be saved if you simply exit from the game without watching the replay.

Hmm, I think it is enough to just watch the replay after the game and it will be saved (without pressing 1 or 2). I am not 100% sure but am going to check.

Thanx again,

Best regards!
#7 - Chupo
Quote from Scawen :To keep a training replay, press SHIFT+F4 (to go into a window) when you are watching the replay. Then look for the most recent SPR in the data\SPR folder and rename it, so it doesn't get deleted when you exit from training.

Oups! Sorry, I have only just seen you are a developer (so no need to answer how did you discover the way to save training replay ).
Quote from Chupo :Hmm, I think it is enough to just watch the replay after the game and it will be saved (without pressing 1 or 2). I am not 100% sure but am going to check.

True... but, pressing 1 is the quick way to watch a replay

- Some quick keys are listed in the controls screen.
- All keys are listed in the keys.pdf in the docs folder (a good file to print out)
- A lot more is explained in the LFS Wiki http://www.lfswiki.net/
#9 - Chupo
Thank you very much!

Best regards!
Quote from Chupo :Thank you very much! How did you discover that 'feature'? Is there any detailed manual with all of the options explained? I have found a link somewhere inside this forum, but the link was death.

I'm sorry, but I was ROTFLMAO when I read that! And, yea, I saw you're next post. You'll find Scawen frequents the forums here and answers questions quite a bit. One great aspect of the way they are developing LFS rather than some of the others you find.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG