The online racing simulator
Race 4 - KY Ring Oval Rev
Race 4 of LXO will take place on the Kyoto Oval including a custom autocross layout which we tried to design secure within the current limitation of LFS' engine. However, there are still some challenging parts and thus we'll give you a few tips:
  • Although the first chicane looks fast, the following turn is quite slow. Brake early ("slow in, fast out") to avoid snap oversteer and running into the tyre stacks, especially if there is someone driving in front or next to you.
  • If you are too late on the brakes, don't try to turn it at all costs and use the escape routes - it'll reduce hazards for others and damage for you. Remember that drivers following the racing line have always the right-of-way over those rejoining the track.
  • In case someone crashed or touched the outside tyre stacks of the first chicane, you are never allowed to use gaps except for a T1 pile-up on lap 1. Otherwise, we'll enforce strict penalties for cutting.
  • Know the limitations of the current autocross system and be always extra careful when racing close near walls. We don't like to see flying cars because someone didn't left enough room.
Date: 2008-06-01, 18:30 UTC
Track: KY1R (custom layout)
Car: LX6
Qualifying: 15min
Laps: 25

Live timing provided by elitesquad: http://www.elitesqd.com/modules.php?name=LfsPb
It's a bloody hard layout
Yes it is. Hard to find the braking points.
And I did a flying car once.

PS. Another old HD for windows... let's see how long this one lasts.
You can use the road markings and different tyre colours as an orientation for braking distances.
1 thing about the layout where you get can grap mega time..

Out of the second chicane you can just go full trew the grass and grap about 1.5 sec.. maby it should be good to put som extra tires there so its just not possible?
I would imagine people would realise that going over the grass would be cutting.........
Quote from Rudy van Buren :1 thing about the layout where you get can grap mega time..

Out of the second chicane you can just go full trew the grass and grap about 1.5 sec.. maby it should be good to put som extra tires there so its just not possible?

Yeah, it's possible. Although you have the risk of spinning by touching the grass.. Putting something there would be better.
We are aware of potential cutting problems there, but since it is a major run-off area and similar to the last turn situation of FE5R we don't like to put tyres everywhere and trust in common sense and the high driving standard in this league. Nevertheless we will enforce our cutting rules if someone is using this gap on purpose.
interesting times im on to now , still cant break to 1.00 , my best is 1.01.09 its anoying that 0.9

ATTENTION on lfspb my time is set at 1.00.01 its wrong i kinda crashed but ended up going faster , i hit some tyres and plowed back on track nearly 150 kph faster than normall , my time is all lies , my best is 1.00.7
IMO, it's going to be carnage
Don't be that pessimistic, Wednesday's races worked quite good because everybody had current AX limitations and difficulty of this layout in mind.
I just hope everyone respects it, the carnage statement wasn't directed at the drivers, more so at the shocking physics displayed that even slightly touching some of those barriers.
That just means we'll have to be extra carefull when driving close to them. This time it's slow in if you want to get out at all.

Alas, I foresee a small nudge ending up in big air.
Yay, I'll finally make my first appearance in LXO cup!
i have a problem , im also in the LFSCART series witch is tonight , guess i wont make this unless the race fineshes @ 8.30 Cet :cry:
I may be late for Qual, depends what time the WSBK race 1 finishes.

If I turn up late for qual, will I be able to join?, or will I start from the back of the grid?
Yes, you are allowed to leave the pits once in qualifying even when late - just make sure not to hinder anyone on your outlap since others are on their fast laps.
Yeah, 1:01 for me too, quick guys are pulling 0:59's, hoping it may be a case of tortiose vs hare...........
Haven't had time to practice too much but at least i don't crash all the time. Laptime still at 1:03 but I'll drop it before the race to around 1:01 imo.
ive made a decision and im racing tonight , lfscart can wait till next whenever it is .
I like your additude Jward! And welcome de Souza!
I have to pass this one, I have some work stuff...
same here...sry guys:sadbanana
well that went well , im made the mistake ov not reading properly cos i swear when this thread was made it was a pit mandatory race , but o well .
Was a good race. Didn't expect T1 lap 1 to go so well tbh. Went really well.

Thanks for the great racing with some

Taylor you passed me when polma crashed :P Cheap!
But meh, after that I was catching up then i'd screw up all th time then u were so close but I had to get on the grass by accident :'(.
After that you were just too fast lol so I was focusing on staying in front of Harry. Then he caught up fast cuz of my screw ups again. So then there was some confusion while i was tryin to let him pass and I'd accidently block him all the time lol. Then I put blinker thingys so he'd move over to the side and pass.

I'm happy with my 6th place really... At least it was a pretty clean race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG