The online racing simulator
There is no saturation. You just haven't found out to go faster yet. I think of this more in terms of levels. You start out, hop in a car, and go. Round and round you go, 10, 20, 50, 100, 1000 laps. At some point, you hit a wall. I'm down to 1.35 sec. Ok, now what?

Then you get into other aspects, things you never thought about before, like tuning. You go from the standard hard track setup to something your own. You toy with every aspect you can think of and try to make the car perform better. You start learning about weight transfer, center of gravity, and traction circles. You apply new concepts to your tuning setups. To lower you time. You hit a wall again. Time to learn something new.

You learn driving techniques and the use of racing lines. You find that optimum paths aren't perfect arcs but rather parabolas. You learn trail braking and the concept of throttle control. You learn that balance is not only tuning but also the aplication of user controls through controlled throttle/brake and steering inputs, always maximizing available grip. You learn the track inch per inch. You know when to brake, you know when to turn, you know where to aim for the apex, you know when you can add throttle. It can get quite methodical as you break a track down piece by peice to create a pattern of predetermined exact inputs that are determined through careful anylization of the track and car setup.

Again you go back to car setup and tune it for the track. You tune spring rates, dampening, brake bias, and gearing to maximize the car to the greatest effect for the given track. Even tire/alignment settings are tune individuially to maximize grip/longevity. Note that a setup for Blackwood normal isn't the same or maybe even close to a Blackwood Reverse setup.

You anylize, you tune, you run, you anylize, tune, run, ....your time goes down.

I haven't gotten to such a point. LFS is more recreational for me, so I'm not aiming to be so mythotical in such matters.

As well, I would HIGHLY suggest buying a wheel. Having the high level of control and precision provides tremendous benifits over other controller systems. The feedback is a very nice benifit as well as it tells you what's happening with the car and provides an additional sensory input other than visual and sound.
the worlds..... most annoying..... way.... of typing.......
Quote from SabersKunk :the worlds..... most annoying..... way.... of typing.......

Not true. Though silly you can read it. txtspk on te otr and iz wel anoyin lyk lolz
Quote from Bob Smith :Hahaha. I can imagine you now, walking down the street, randomly running up to strangers shouting "don't use a cracked copy of LFS" (in a voice similar to that weirdo from Police Academy), doing a mild spasm and running off, with mad, twitchy eyes.

*lmao*! And in fact they don't use any cracked whatever at all :P
I have to admit, I first had a cracked version of NR2002 that I used just to see if I could run it on my old system. This was way past the time when it was easily available. I did bust my tail to find a copy and found a local store that had NR2003, and many copies at that. So to put my mind at ease, I purchased a copy of 2003 even though I knew I wouldn't run it because 2002 barely ran. Finally, I did find a copy of 2002 at amazon.com and ordered it. So now I have a purchased copy of both 2002/03 and a PC capable of running 2003. My reasoning was just to try it and I did make a big deal at attempting to find it for sale. LFS has a free demo so you can try, unlimited at that too. So there is no excuse for using a cracked version.

All that said about the Nascar sim, I wish I could have bought every copy of NR2003 I saw. I counted 98 copies ($7.99 each) and new they were going for around $50 on ebay at the time. Now a year and a half or so later, I'm seeing unopenned copies on ebay for freakin $139!!
Quote from mrodgers :LFS has a free demo so you can try, unlimited at that too. So there is no excuse for using a cracked version.

Well truth be told I did used to play a cracked LFS. I only got a license for two reasons.

1, I figured I play the game so damn much it's worth every penny.
2, It got so hard to find the unlocker it was easier just to buy it

I mean, £24 can be made in about 30 minutes work for me (computer repair makes so much cash). When I would spend anywhere from 1-5 hours looking for a crack. Shelling out was the smart thing to do. But if I never cracked the game, I'd have never enjoyed it as much as I did, and thus never went out and got a license.

lawl, I admitted to crackz0rzing on teh offical forum.
#32 - Jakg
Quote from Bob Smith :Hahaha. I can imagine you now, walking down the street, randomly running up to strangers shouting "don't use a cracked copy of LFS" (in a voice similar to that weirdo from Police Academy), doing a mild spasm and running off, with mad, twitchy eyes.

how do you know me? and is that comment about avatars in your sig pointed at me?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :lawl, I admitted to crackz0rzing on teh offical forum.

:slap:
Quote from thisnameistaken :"lawl"

It'll be extra funny if you get banned.

Agreed

Quote from Barroso ::slap:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG