The online racing simulator
TCP errors on new connection
(6 posts, started )
Every time a user joins these 2 errors pop up:

TCP ERROR : WOULDBLOCK
TCP : Cleared emergency store

What do they mean? Can this be caused by a insim?
i got the second on my dedi host and it spams and dont sopt. the first i only got in normal lfs. but dont know why
Guess I solved the problem.. it was caused by the insim.. (remove welcome messages)
I was wondering where the welcome message went lol.
the WOULDBLOCK message, I think, means that your TCP send buffer is full, therefore a network-write would block, waiting for the write buffer to become available again.

So yes, removing some messages would do the trick, if there are a lot of messages being sent. That could potentially fill up a network-buffer.

It's always a good idea to prevent instant-spamming of messages and to create a message sending mechanism for your insim application that waits a little bit in between sending messages, so that it will never flood a host or client with messages.
Quote from Victor :the WOULDBLOCK message, I think, means that your TCP send buffer is full, therefore a network-write would block, waiting for the write buffer to become available again.

So yes, removing some messages would do the trick, if there are a lot of messages being sent. That could potentially fill up a network-buffer.

It's always a good idea to prevent instant-spamming of messages and to create a message sending mechanism for your insim application that waits a little bit in between sending messages, so that it will never flood a host or client with messages.

Hmm thx for the tip, and yes it was actually a bit of a flood, 4 lines of text were sent (not that much), but i guess arround 30-40 buttons were send to show the rules instantly... since i removed those it seems to be fixed

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG