The online racing simulator
Lightning SST Shifter or alternative suggestion?
My G25 shifter is fading away (no reverse, 5th gear doesn't always engage). I can't stand the clicky'ness of it anyway.

I would prefer a new shifter, instead of a replacement.

The G25 shifter is fairly realistic compared to road cars, although from my expereince in purpose built track cars the gear leaver usualy feels very short (to the point of selecting 6th instead of fourth) and has a more "clunky" feel.

The Lightning SST seems a good choice, although I'm unaware of any dealers in England as the import taxes and duties from USA are a bit high. http://www.sim-gear.com/794354.html

The Act Labs shifter is a bit too large and ugly for my liking.
Act labs shifter is not at all of the same quality. The SST Lightning shifter you could run over and expect to work flawlessly . I got one got nothing bad to say about it. It´s not designed to have a realistic feel it feel much tighter and precise instead. Better feel than any real gearbox I have ever used and you can slam in the gears and never worry
#3 - isamu
I was going to go with the A1 Gearbox but:

1)He doesn't even have it ready on the webpage yet

2)He's in Aussy, I'm in US. Import costs would be a bitch

3)SST is in the US. Convenient for me plus only $15 shipping. Can't beat that.

Only thing I'd like to know is, can you change the shifter knob to another one if you want to?
Sst L its a great shifter, great support and its easy to install with some nice features,

btw, they have some dealers at europe...Germany, Italy and France, maybe you can contact them, about taxes, i do not have much information.
There are the frex H-shifter and the Thomas superwheel speedshifter. The thomas superwheel is based in US and frex is japanese. The Thomas' speedshifter doe not have H-pattern, it's more like a zigzag pattern, they use the term inline shifter:

1 3 5
/\/\/\
R 2 4 6

Price:
Lightning SST: $179 + Shipping
Frex Hshift+: $381.18 + shipping (includes Analog Axis controller Potentiometer for Clutch)
Thomas superwheel speedshifter: 285-310$ + shipping

Then there is also the A1 shifter but to me it looks a bit "clonky". The Thomas' speedshifter seems as fine as well but the inline pattern may require some extra thought... And I'd defenately wait that robbo gets it on the shop before buying anything .

I have not used any of those but for me the frex is the most appealing one although the SST is really hard to beat with that price .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG