The online racing simulator
CTRA Single Seater 1 b0rked
(29 posts, closed, started )
Hi I think this server needs a reset or something cause it wont start a new race.
All seems fine now.
#4 - SamH
The message would be "CrazyIce Database Lookup Failed [dns]"

Hmm. Not sure yet. Looking into it.
#5 - Jakg
Is this on the server?

Sounds like the ban editors broken.
#6 - SamH
Well, we were using the CrazyICE fuel database to retrieve and upload fuel usage for non-CTRA-specific (GT2, UFBR etc) cars. There was a period of time where we couldn't resolve the web address, or at least the site was not always available, so I disabled the option in the CTRA system - the new fuel usage info in setup became more dependable, basically.

Having disabled it, I'm not sure why it's cropping up now - if it is.
I can confirm that this was happening in Race 3 as well as SS1 this afternoon, Sam - every now and then we'd get the error message "CrazyIce Database Lookup Failed [dns]", although it didn't seem to be in time with any particular actions. I thought it could be whenever someone tried to view $track, seeing as that takes the fuel data, but doing $track myself didn't cause the message. Oddball

Sam
#8 - SamH
Okies.. ty for that! That confirms that it's happening for sure. Now I have something to hunt

I'll prolly upload a new version of the X-System this evening. There are a few changes I want to make, so I'll try and make those tonight. I'm getting busy on a different project for a few weeks, so I really need to shore up the X-System code before properly getting immersed in that. If I can nab this issue while I'm at it, I will.. although I suspect it will resolve itself if I do a /flushdns on the server. I'll do that too!
Hope this is the right place to post. On the CTRA Single Seater 1 tonight I was racing and came 2nd, but when the points came up I was 4th and Rexology was 2nd behind emil who was 1st. The thing is Rexology didn't finish the race he was out and disconnected in lap 1. So it's got him 9 pts for nothing. I didn't get a screen shot but I did save the replay if needed. The thing also is that I didn't know what points I was on before the race to see if it was just a screen glitch and I got the right points or if I've missed out. It's not such a big deal, but if it's coding error the admins may want to check.
Thx

I see snoring snoopy has posted a screen capture in the bugs and fixes section, thanks.
You are welcome hotdogxx

Hope the admin can fix this little bug.

See you on track
CTRA Banned
Hello Guys.
I don't know if this is the right place to post about banned, but i hope someone can help me. Now, i don't know why, always that i try login in a CTRA Server to play LFS, the one show me the message Recuse Connection, so I'm banned, but didn't anything to happened it.

Can someone knows what i would to do to fix it?

I'm sad, Ctra Single Seater, it's my preferred server.

Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards
#12 - SamH
#15 - SamH
LMAO! Umm.. yes!

I think I should go remove my link
Wow - that was an, um, interesting wreck

How deliberate can you get??
Awww...Makes my post look stupid now..
#18 - SamH
hehe.. sorry Sean!
Guys.
I didn't watch the replay yet, but is there a way to drop this infraction or at least reduce this infraction?

Regards
#20 - SamH
Quote from Manza :Guys.
I didn't watch the replay yet, but is there a way to drop this infraction or at least reduce this infraction?

Regards

Based on the content of that replay, absolutely not.
#21 - T!m0
I like the skin-stealing-story in that replay, far more interesting than the wreck
#22 - SamH
Quote from T!m0 :I like the skin-stealing-story in that replay, far more interesting than the wreck

LMAO! Yeah, that was funny! A bunch of CTRA admins nipped on to have a quick laugh, IIRC, including me!
How can i see the mpr replay through my desktop without lfs game installed?
#24 - SamH
Quote from Manza :How can i see the mpr replay through my desktop without lfs game installed?

I don't think that's possible I'm afraid. But if you aren't at a computer where you can use LFS, it doesn't make much difference right now and the whole thing can wait until you are at your LFS computer.
It's been a while since I have seen a report like that.

Sorry, siding with Sam on this one, there is no chance of being unbanned after that incident, if you would have at least used the brake, maybe, just maybe you would eventually be able to race on our servers but the fact that you turned into everyone AND kept it floored removed any chance of completing any racing that you were hoping of doing on our servers. This is exactly the type of person who we don't want on the CTRA.
This thread is closed

(29 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG