The online racing simulator
Solar System Model
(6 posts, started )
Solar System Model
I know from some previous posts that we have some people that are interested in astronomy etc, and I was wondering if anybody else is getting the "Build a Model Solar System" magazine..
I know it's a bit expensive for the whole series (52*£5.99 or 52*€8.99), but it is extremely well engineered, and made mostly of solid brass..
Just got up to issue 11, which will hav the whole thing about 20% built, and so far it is great...cant wait until it's finally finished! The gearing is well done, and although some of the parts are a bit 'fiddly', so far no problems getting it together and working.
If you are interested in the Solar System and want to build a really good bit of mechanical kit...go for it!
#2 - Jakg
I'm willing to bet £311.48 (or €467.48) gets you a rather high quality modeled solar system.
Yep..it does ...Here are a couple of pics..."the story so far"
Attached images
2008-05-11-32736.jpg
2008-05-11-32762.jpg
Very impressive for a magazine build thingy. A shame the distances aren't to scale, though.
you can just see mr.bladerunner in the reflection of the sun
Quote from Bob Smith :Very impressive for a magazine build thingy. A shame the distances aren't to scale, though.

Admit it would be nice Bob, but to have distances to scale, I would need a room the size of a football pitch to build it!

@ Mickyc..yep, I _AM_ a bit of a star on the quiet

Solar System Model
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG