The online racing simulator
Codemasters acquire F1 license
(64 posts, started )
#51 - JJ72
Quote from lizardfolk :Of course. Along with R:Racing Evolution, the Gothem racin series and Xpand (and many others as well):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R ... lation_style_racing_games

There's even a list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R ... lation-style_racing_games (with Colin McRae rally and ToCA). Although it's a shame that most people dont even know this genre of racing games exists

I think it's just some BS. Judging with my own experience games like TDU (hardcore mode), GT4 can be considered Semi-sim, but DIRT and TOCA no freakin way....I swear NFS underground 2 had better physics.
The yaw motion of cars in Dirt and Grid defies logic and common sense. A lot of people are bothered by the unnaturalness enough that they just can't play them. A game can have cars turn properly and still be a fun (semi)arcade, but Codemasters don't seem to get it.
Quote from Gills4life :sorry to bring this game up again, but are you talking about the game for the old ps1 ? that was a great game the commentary was the best .. like when murray walker's voice breaks and they just left it in there good times

on topic: Codemasters said that GRID was going to be very realistic but after trying the demo i cannot take them seriously i hope their F1 game will be a very good sim but i cant see that happening tbh

Yeah, my first game I played in the F1 area. It was so much fun!
I could already guess the comments.

Face it, from all company's that were in the running, Codemasters is definately the best. They listen to the community, give enough info ( even the devs answers questions on the forum ), and I've never seen them claim GRiD would be a sim.

GRID's handling sure is better than F1 game on the PS3. There are some openwheelers in the full, so that should give a good picture of the handling for the F1 game.

Quote from Tweaker :Just tried the GRID demo on my Xbox, wow... I only shiver in fear as to what they will come up with for an F1 game

GRID = Most Likely THE worst racing game I've ever played. Failure (and in no way an attempt) at making a Race07 / NFS Pro Street clone.

Clone, because it has WTCC and street cars ?
Well, you never know. With F1 being probably the most recognised motorsport across the world, they might try harder to make it more realistic. On the other hand they will probably make it total shite so that people who cannot drive, can pick up a gamepad and do WR laps around Interlagos. Then put ultra mega uber shiny graphics on it, and voila ! A Codemaster's bestseller. ..
Anyway, even if Codies did make a good sim it would just gather dust as I would be on LFS
Quote from tristancliffe :At least Codemasters games are remotely enjoyable

Gotta remember this one for future reference.
Codies is good, but I can see the game go up in flames...
I think it's just a case of wait and see, but i don't have my hope's up for Codemaster's pulling anything remotely sim or realistic like out the bag.

Best bet is to wait for CTDP to make the 2008 season for rfactor IMHO, although that will be a while yet!
Where is Geoff Crammond when you need him.
Quote from Eclipse :Where is Geoff Crammond when you need him.

At Burger King .. working with FAST food appealed to him !
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

uh oh .. :bananadea
Reading the interview on
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2008/5/7859.html

we shouldnt expect much from them.

Q: Some F1 games of the past have been rather hard for the beginner to get to grips with - perhaps understandable, given how hard it is to drive a Formula One car. How will you cater for both ends of the spectrum - the novice player at one end and the hardened petrol-head at the other?
RC:
Yes, simulation versus arcade. Codemasters’ history in TOCA Race Driver has been very heavily weighted towards simulation, appealing to the real hardcore fan - be they V8 supporters in Australia, DTM fans in Germany etc, we have always recognised international traits. But if you want to take the game to an even wider audience, particularly the United States (for us the largest gaming market in the world), then you have to appeal to a mass audience and so we blend the simulation with an awful lot of arcade elements too.
The issue people have today is time. This is time-based entertainment and the one thing we all know is that time is constrained. People want to be able to pick up a game, do whatever you do very quickly, post their times up on a leader board and then go off and misbehave elsewhere. We want to be able to offer both things within the game - simulation for the hardcore gamers, but also an arcade experience that you can truly pick up and play. I believe we’ve balanced that in GRID™ and I believe we’re going to balance it in Formula One.
#62 - JJ72
Codemaster's headquater must be in some kind of cave.
The driveability of the cars in GRID on a joypad with arcade settings is great, but unfortunately once a wheel is used and the arcade settings off it's utterly horrid.

If it's more of the same (maybe even the same engine I would guess) then I wont be buying it.

Me and one of my mates used to mirror the F1 calendar on our own with a copy of GP2 when I was younger (you switched driving every so often if I remember correctly). I would love for this new game to be as much fun as it was back then... but I don't hold out much hope unfortunately.
Quote from hardcoreobscure :
Me and one of my mates used to mirror the F1 calendar on our own with a copy of GP2 when I was younger (you switched driving every so often if I remember correctly). I would love for this new game to be as much fun as it was back then... but I don't hold out much hope unfortunately.

I still play GP2 on a DOS emulator barrels of fun and i got it working great with my g25

Codemasters acquire F1 license
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG