The online racing simulator
cold rear tyres
(6 posts, started )
cold rear tyres
-I tried to find up this question but wasn't able and so decided to ask-

I "borrowed" a fast setup and am trying to tune it up for my handling, so far I've been happily able to get faster but in doing that I note that my rear tyres remain quite cold. I tried lowering the pressure, camber them back to horizontal and fueling up to add weight, but cam up with rather weird handling.

Any advice?

PS. I run a XFG and yes, I'm new to this, but very much interested in learning my way to setups and I saw no better way than to ask you guys.
#2 - Jakg
If the rear is cold and has less grip there is ever so slightly less rolling resistance and so it goes faster, but also the rear is looser so the car understeers less as the rear can slide a little - in a FWD car this can make the car feel much more "alive".
Quote from Tonik75 :PS. I run a XFG and yes, I'm new to this, but very much interested in learning my way to setups and I saw no better way than to ask you guys.

The reason you see most people run hybrids on the rear of the XFG is to get heat in the tyres, are you using road normals or hybrids?

If your using hybrids and there still cold I'd sugest your not pushing hard enough
the setup was for Hybrids, i´ll get back to them and try.

Also, its true that it feels more alive, and quite fast. Thank you both, this helps me understand what is happening
Try using a little less front anti roll bar, or a little more toe in at the back. it'll be a bit more oversteery but in a way that'll work the rear tyres properly. hybrids are a good option and add a little balance to how the tyres warm up. but you can go just as fast with normals, it just takes a more attacking style/setup to get heat into them.
Basically, the rear wheels on any FWD will always have issues with being significantly colder than the fronts, personally I have no problems with this as it generally reduces pit time and I prefer "oversteery" cars anyway, hence why I drive low locking diffs.

The hybrids, as they warm up quicker, will probably offer more stability, personally I like using road tyres and flattening the camber a little, gives decent grip at low speed and does't hinder the straightline

cold rear tyres
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG