The online racing simulator
a lil intrest topic
(33 posts, started )
a lil intrest topic
me and Liner32 was thinking of making a comp for custom lfs cars,who would be intrested in it?,we need atleast 5 people
#2 - Feme
What u mean by that?
already made cars are legal in this comp? or have to start making it in certain(?) time?
Quote from Feme :What u mean by that?

Maybe they want to tune cars by adding different bumpers etc. Or just put some cars together or make new cars like XFM or so.
I'm in... for voting of course
What it would be is making things like an LX8 or that FZ5 Spyder I made a while back.

If it was to go ahead, the rules would include no NFS or other parts from any other game. Wheels, tyres and body kits (if that floats your boat) would have to be made by your self.

If you decide to add an engine it would have to be at least the top half of the engine, again no NFS or GTA models and they have to be the same type of engine that is in the car your redesigning.

You can use any part from any other car in LFS, like roll cages or wings/spoilers.

It'd probably be just the road cars to be redone in some form of motorsport trim. If you decided to go the rally route you would have to add rally style wheels and that sort of thing.

If you keep the LFS wheels on the car you would have to make up wheel nuts/bolts and add valves to them.

It would generaly be adding more detail to the origonal cars and converting them into a prepped race car for whatever type of racing you intend it to be for.

The final renders will be the normal White studio render to make it fairer for any noobs wanting to have a go, also a wire frame render will have to be included too.

The time limit would be at most 3 weeks befor entries would have to be in for the voting (max is 12 for a poll isn't it?).

As mentioned in 1st post this is just an interest check and sugestions are welcome for rules or other things, so please make some.
I want to participate, but 3 week would be too short for people who got a life like me..
I should start to work on it now...
That's good to hear, nothing is set in stone yet, so the more suggestions there are and the more people interested in taking part the quicker this will go ahead.
I find it a nice idea.
Unfortunately are I not this way well cars cultivate
I am more of for the world for the cars gone
I am more of "select, pass and clone"
I hope that it goes, however, by.
but find 3 weeks also very short
for people who want gladly but not yet much experience have
and perhaps I want try it also…
I barely understood that post.

You guys make some suggestions about the time limit and whatever you can think of.
I am just curious. I would love to participate, but i do not know how to do this. Can some1 give me a link to some software I could use?
There's Blender which is free, there's a whole thread on it in here, then there's 3ds max which has a 30 day free trial iirc, but there's other ways to get it which I wont say here or tell anybody about.

The link you asked for. www.google.com
Boekanier probably used a translator, the text looks like a Yoda speech

I suggest we should organize compets regularly (with themes?) because many potential beginners would arrive and would not have enough time to train themselves now but would be ready for a future comp.

I'm also worrying about experienced 3D gurus who probably have ready parts to use so they should have more time to enhance their scene. On the other hand the beginners must create from scratch...
Here's a set of rules I have came up with in about 5 mins.

LFS 3D Challenge

Rules

1. Only the use of LFS cars is allowed, all custom parts must be made by the modeller them sevles.

2. Entries must by rendered in the usual white studio scene without HDRI or any other lighting techniques, just the use of a reflection plane and the car. (Blender users are the only exceptions, I dunno any thing aboutthat software.)

3. Entrants have 1 month to complete their entries from the day the the thread is posted on the LFS forums.

4. A maximum of 20 entrants due to the Poll only allowing 20 entries.

5. Entries will be put in a Poll in the General section of the LFS forums for maximum votes and will last for a week.

6. The winner of the Poll will pick the next the style for the comp, if the 1st round is a success. If not then the 2nd round will not happen.

7. Entries must be a maximum of 1280x1024 resolution, other sizes wont be excepted.

8. Entries must be posted as attachments or as clickable thumbnails, no use of [img] tags will be allowed, unless the image is 640x480 or smaller.

I have a style in mind for the 1st comp, i'm hoping that 1 month will be enough time for people to make the extra parts and get a render done, if not then it will be 6 weeks.

Would be good if the Blender users could give some suggestions and I can make a work around.
I agree with the rules, 1 month should be enough.

About Blender I will personnally use 100% of it for modeling but the internal render engine can't handle decent reflection plane technique. However powerful external renderers are usable with Blender such as Yafray, Kerkythea, Indigo, Povray, ..., ... to fit the rules.
So Blender is not an exception.

How many renders per entrant?
Just 1 render per entry.

I'll prob give it 2 weeks till I post the thread for the comp, just to give people enough time to look at this thread and read up on some modelling techniques, but this 1st round style shouldn't be to hard.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Boekanier probably used a translator, the text looks like a Yoda speech

yes i use a translator, my englisch is very very bad, sorry

but
1 month is good
#18 - JJ72
I'll love to do it, but I probably need at least 6 weeks because of other duties filling up my free time
#19 - Feme
I also try meake somthing

What about custom wheels .. also i must do that alone? o_O
Yep, no NFS or Pre made parts.
Quote from LineR32 :
2. Entries must by rendered in the usual white studio scene without HDRI or any other lighting techniques, just the use of a reflection plane and the car. (Blender users are the only exceptions, I dunno any thing aboutthat software.)

why? i don't use brazil...
Quote from LineR32 :I barely understood that post.

You guys make some suggestions about the time limit and whatever you can think of.

hope this is better some one translate it for me

i think it's a good idea
But i'm not that good at cultivating car's
But more of the world around it
I like selecting, passing, and cloning instead
I hope it's going to to work though
But three weeks are too short
Especially for the guys with no experience
And maybe i will give it a try too
Quote from Boekanier01 :
hope this is better some one translate it for me

i think it's a good idea
But i'm not that good at cultivating car's
But more of the world around it
I like selecting, passing, and cloning instead
I hope it's going to to work though
But three weeks are too short
Especially for the guys with no experience
And maybe i will give it a try too

Basicly he doesn't create stuff for cars, he just copies them from other LFS cars and creates something new with that. Which would be quite a nice theme for the first time?
Quote from sgt.flippy :Basicly he doesn't create stuff for cars, he just copies them from other LFS cars and creates something new with that. Which would be quite a nice theme for the first time?

I have already started a project
only parts from lfs cars
and must say it's not so difficult such as I thought
because I do this now
I learn more and more from 3d
modeling technique
find this a good start copying from only lfs cars as a first project

look here for my project

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=32242
What's new?

a lil intrest topic
(33 posts, started )