The online racing simulator
Who knows a wheel with analog levers?
Hi folks!

I have a friend, that is handicapped - he is paralysed below the waist, so he can't move his legs no more.

He wants to drive LFS with a wheel, it is just the best control-device.

Is there a wheel with analog levers to control gas/brake with?

It would be possible to use the digital shifter-knobs for gas/brake, but not the best...

Thanks in advance!
Abt
#2 - Bean0
Possibly this, maybe someone who owns one could give an opinion.

ThrustMaster Enzo Force Feedback Wheel

An exact replica of the Enzo Ferrari™ wheel, compatible with all PC racing games!

Exact replica of the wheel on Ferrari®’s latest masterpiece, the Enzo Ferrari™
100% compatible with all racing games on PC (Force Feedback and non-Force Feedback)
Powerful Force Feedback effects
8 way D-pad
9 action buttons
Progressive gas and brake control with 2 wheel-mounted levers and stable analog foot pedals
2 wheel-mounted gearshift levers
Central clamping system
I remember a thread like this back in the RSC forum days, and just found this.

Quote :using a Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel wich has 4 flaps behind the wheel. The upper ones he uses for shifting, and the lower ones for throttle and brake

So maybe that is the wheel above. The post I am refering to is this one:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showth ... amp;highlight=handicapped

Best of luck to your friend.

Fordman
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
My old Thrustmaster GT had those analogue levers on the wheel, they only work when you unplug the pedals which they then replace. I spent ages trying to get them to work with the pedals plugged in so I could use them for a progressive side view but no luck. I did spend a bit of time racing with the pedals unplugged just to see what it was like using hands instead of feet, it took a little while to get used to, but I was surprised how easy it was after a while, you dont even think about it.
I dare say the newer Thrustmaster/Guillement wheels also have the levers, good luck
#5 - shim
i can vouch for the logitech DF (non Pro) bout the levers werkin for accel/brake, i got it under me desk atm.. since i got me DFP, i use the DF for a clutch pedal..
#6 - AJS
Quote from Fordman :I remember a thread like this back in the RSC forum days, and just found this.

So maybe that is the wheel above. The post I am refering to is this one:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showth ... amp;highlight=handicapped

Best of luck to your friend.

Fordman

http://www.golem.de/0210/21964.html

I still have this wheel but i do use a DFP now because the pedals broke. The wheel itself is in a very goood condition as i did not race that often and never applied much force.

You can have it for free just postage and packaging.
Hand controlls
I also have frend that needed hand controlls. I dont have any pics

May be I could draw aomething if it would help

I used bycle brake levers and replaced the pivot pins with the potentiometers shaft and a small wire and spring in the cable hole for return.
we didnt want to wrecK anything good so we used a new logitech nascar $30-40

wiring was very simple.

Ck out my current prodject
Attached images
FW.jpg
PED.jpg
RW.jpg
I have a thrustmaster 360 wheel just lying here for nothing, and guess what... the pedals are broken, but the levers still work. I can tell you the wheel works pretty good, but just as a side note, I broke two of them But the first one was killed in a child-hanging-from-it-accident, and the second one was killed by... I think me, but I don't know how, the brake won't work And I messed up the wiring in there. All by all I would recommend it to your friend, and those thrustmasters are pretty cheap too. NO force feedback tho (the new ones may have it, don't really know)
#9 - Mogar
He could try a analog gamepad + mouse setup like I used some time ago. I could be as fast as I am using a wheel. I used the analog stick from the gamepad as throttle/brake combined, and mouse to steer.

This kind of config I don't know if it's possible to use with other simulators.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG