The online racing simulator
LX8 sound request for LX6
(29 posts, started )
No cars should be replaced, we should just get new cars. But if we ever get new cars they need to be able to compete fairly with the cars we have now.

I'm all for getting the LX8 back, but it would need something to 'battle' with.
Quote from LFSn00b :no, RAC is one of the best cars on LFS!!! i dont want to replace it with a LX8

Who said they should drop any car?

They (LFS producers) should add cars instead

Everybody has a favorite car and a worst car, but still, don't remove the cars from the game!

Maybe we should edit the thread name to: Add the LX8 to LFS again or something =P
The problem with replacing cars is that it feels a waste of time and effort, with all the complex programming and what have.
Quote from Hayaku Warrier :
could you download a old version of lfs, go to the eng folder, get the lx8_default sound + rename it to lx6_lx8

There is no eng file for .5F

Quote from Rooble :The LX8 was only difficult to drive due the the shoddy tyre simulation in that patch, now with the updated tyres and the way LFS runs today, I'm sure the LX8 would be a great addition to the game. I think the only reason it hasn't been added yet (or ever) is because it has no rival or anything for it to go against.

It goes well with the FXR of 0.5F

Quote from Rooble :
I still have the copy of 0.5F on my server downstairs but there really isn't much point handing it out, firstly I don't think it unlocks any more and secondly its really awful to drive (and I love the LX6) .

1. Master server moved several times already
2. Hard as hell to handle

Quote from beefyman666 :...and I think it's only the last 3 or 4 patches we've had the ability to change .eng files and use the Shift + A sound editor thing.

So AFAIK the LX8 never had a .eng files

Correct

Quote from beefyman666 :No cars should be replaced, we should just get new cars. But if we ever get new cars they need to be able to compete fairly with the cars we have now.

I'm all for getting the LX8 back, but it would need something to 'battle' with.

FXR

LX8 sound request for LX6
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG