The online racing simulator
LX8 sound request for LX6
(29 posts, started )
you know there is a thread already for engine sound requests ?
"engine sound sharing"
Quote from Gills4life :you know there is a thread already for engine sound requests ?
"engine sound sharing"

no you can request here too.
Hi pirate
could you download a old version of lfs, go to the eng folder, get the lx8_default sound + rename it to lx6_lx8
Yeah, I'll try to do that.

I'll give an update tomorrow
Quote from mutt107 :no you can request here too.

i know but it just makes life easier if they are all in one thread
But where do you find 0.5F?
from my hdd?
Even if you can get hold of a copy, you'll have a hard time unlocking it to actually use the LX8.

As for you getting the .eng files from it, you'll have a hard time doing that too.
Quote from beefyman666 :Even if you can get hold of a copy, you'll have a hard time unlocking it to actually use the LX8.

As for you getting the .eng files from it, you'll have a hard time doing that too.

I noticed.

There's neither LX8 in the downloads found on LFS site, or a folder with the .eng files in it
there was a lx8 once????
oh ya!
yep, but only in beta. AFAIK they changed uf1 or ufr isntead of lx8
Quote from Stefani24 :yep, but only in beta. AFAIK they changed uf1 or ufr isntead of lx8

ufr.
Why they couldnt add both cars, ufr and lx8???
And mrt6 too.
More cars- more fun.
Quote from ddd9022 :ufr.
Why they couldnt add both cars, ufr and lx8???
And mrt6 too.
More cars- more fun.

They say the LX8 was the hardest car to drive because there was no downforce and there was too many RWD cars in the game...
That's why they replaced the LX8 with the UFR...

....So, does anyone have a copy of LFS 0.5F or hopefully a copy of the LX8 engine sound?
or give me a 0.5f copy XD lol
I have been doing tests (without 0.5F, just looking at videos and power ratings) and it seems like if they just put slicks on the car for a current version, it would not be hard to drive. I drove my LX with the same power rating as the LX8 but instead of slicks I had to use road super.

The way it drives and the way it looks in videos is about the same, just .5F used slicks that apparently had no traction.
Someone find me a slickmod that works for patch Y and I will show how much it has changed.
There was LX8? :O

Is LFS 0,5F uploaded somewhere? i want to drive that

Devs should put LX4 in the recycle bin and add LX8 on patch Z
The LX8 was only difficult to drive due the the shoddy tyre simulation in that patch, now with the updated tyres and the way LFS runs today, I'm sure the LX8 would be a great addition to the game. I think the only reason it hasn't been added yet (or ever) is because it has no rival or anything for it to go against.

I still have the copy of 0.5F on my server downstairs but there really isn't much point handing it out, firstly I don't think it unlocks any more and secondly its really awful to drive (and I love the LX6) .
Quote from Rooble :The LX8 was only difficult to drive due the the shoddy tyre simulation in that patch, now with the updated tyres and the way LFS runs today, I'm sure the LX8 would be a great addition to the game. I think the only reason it hasn't been added yet (or ever) is because it has no rival or anything for it to go against.

I still have the copy of 0.5F on my server downstairs but there really isn't much point handing it out, firstly I don't think it unlocks any more and secondly its really awful to drive (and I love the LX6) .

Hey, is it possible to get the LX8 sound file?

Would like to try it on the LX6...if it works though

Quote from Rooble :I'm sure the LX8 would be a great addition to the game.

Hint hint to the LFS producers
Quote from piratetype :Hey, is it possible to get the LX8 sound file?

The sound system has changed a lot since then, and I think it's only the last 3 or 4 patches we've had the ability to change .eng files and use the Shift + A sound editor thing.

So AFAIK the LX8 never had a .eng files, but I would imagine it would sound like a high pitched FO8 maybe?

And the LX6 misses 2 cylinders to be able to sound like the LX8's V8.
Nothing to go against? Well, neither does the BF1, F08, FBM, FOX, MRT, UF1, and the LX4 is mostly by itself.

At this point, I don't know why they would not add it. I would love to have it.
Quote from skstibi :Nothing to go against? Well, neither does the BF1, F08, FBM, FOX, MRT, UF1, and the LX4 is mostly by itself.

At this point, I don't know why they would not add it. I would love to have it.

It might be a nice cruise car
LX8 was/is hard to drive?!

What about the RAC???
id rather have lx8 than rac.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG