The online racing simulator
Blocking your own chat messages
Some people might find this not useful though.

It's been suggested that you could choose what kind of messages to block when pressing "-", but I think no one has suggested the possibility to disable your own chat messages too.

Sometimes during league races if you get too nervous or heated up you might end up pressing some f1-f8 function key when you are actually trying to press f9-f12 to check tyres, suspensions, etc. That generates a chat message that might annoy the rest of the people, and in some leagues even leads to a penalty. I usually block incoming messages (I recently learned about "shift" + "-" for blocking ALL incoming messages) but I'd like that when I block messages I also block my own messages, rendering me unable to use the online chat, and even receive a message back saying "your messages are blocked" so you know that you can't talk.

If you block other people messages because you don't want to read them then I guess you don't want/need to talk to them neither.
When I first started to read you post, I thought that you meant that you want to hide your own messages in chat.

Yes, +1 for your idea. Why should you type anything if you can't communicate with anyone (Communication is two-way action).
Well it could actually be just one new command to "mute" yourself, separate from the blocking messages command.
To be honest, this would be a waste of coding time.

Rather, if it's so important to not send messages, which I can perfectly understand during a league race, why not simply unassign the F1-F8 chat messages? If that is too much of a hassle, maybe spending five minutes to write an assign/unassign LFS script would do the trick?
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#5 - ajp71
Whilst it isn't an important issue I can see no logic in allowing messages to be typed (or bashed out accidentally) when a user has blocked messages.
+1 i run in the same league and i know what you mean
If you can block your own, surly you can unblock your own just as easily...

pointless.

Just have some self restraint.
Quote from Krammeh :If you can block your own, surly you can unblock your own just as easily...

pointless.

Just have some self restraint.

I think he meant that if you have blocked incoming messages, you can't send messages. After you have unblocked incoming messages, you can also talk.
If you mean to block outgoing messages, I'm all for it. I just recently lost a OWRL championship because of an accidental chat message. +1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG