The online racing simulator
How do I Shift directly to Neutral?
Hey

I have been watching some drivers shift their gearing into Neutral from 3rd or 2nd gear, and right back again. But I can't figure out how to do this. It's like they have a N-Button or something.

I may be stupid, but I can't figure out how/where in the options i can choose this. Can Someone help?

Thanx,
-Kasper-
can do that with a shifter (H type).
perhaps its just latency while you're watching other drivers online
It's not exactly what you want and a bit laborios, but what I do to achieve this is to keep 'c' pressed (clutch) while switching back to N using the paddles. By this I can skip the lower gears for example when running out of fuel at high speed in order to reach the finish line by coasting...
Well you can bind a button to clutch, I did so on my wheel, this allows you to push a button and the clutch will be pushed down...

I use it in combination with an other button on which I have bound my handbrake, so I can play around with the car

just look under options at the controls page, not that hard to find...

goodluck and have fun

greetz SMOKE
#6 - P1lot
You can hold down the button for your gear-change (or paddle with my wheel) which keeps it in neutral until you let go. Sometimes handy down the straights, as pointed out above, when running low on fuel
#7 - bbman
Quote from -Kasper- :Hey

I have been watching some drivers shift their gearing into Neutral from 3rd or 2nd gear, and right back again. But I can't figure out how to do this. It's like they have a N-Button or something.

I may be stupid, but I can't figure out how/where in the options i can choose this. Can Someone help?

Thanx,
-Kasper-

Have you been watching these drivers in a replay with lowest replay speed? Then it easily could be just pressing the gearing buttons or the paddles with autoclutch... As P1lot said, as long as the button is pressed, you've clutched in and gears are at neutral...
Quote from bbman :Have you been watching these drivers in a replay with lowest replay speed? Then it easily could be just pressing the gearing buttons or the paddles with autoclutch... As P1lot said, as long as the button is pressed, you've clutched in and gears are at neutral...

Agreed, most of the time its proly ir latency watching them but ive seen it happen before, for a split 2nd dunno why u would wanna go from 3rd to N but unless u just saw a parking spot or sumtn like that dunno .
Quote from VTcommodore :Agreed, most of the time its proly ir latency watching them but ive seen it happen before, for a split 2nd dunno why u would wanna go from 3rd to N but unless u just saw a parking spot or sumtn like that dunno .

Never heard of double declutching?
heard of double declutching i only single push clutch in a downshift.....
Why are u replying to every post i make .................illepall .
Quote from VTcommodore :heard of double declutching i only single push clutch in a downshift.....
Why are u replying to every post i make .................illepall .

If you've heard of double declutching, you'll know that it is a well known driving technique, although not oft used in modern cars. The process is something like:

Press clutch and shift into neutral
Brake
Use the throttle to set the revs for the new gear
Press clutch and engage new gear.

There, you see. Shifted to neutral.

As for replying to all your posts, I think you'll find I'm not. Only the ones where you specifically try to sound like a fool If you payed more attention to your english you might be easier to understand.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Pffttt well thanks for the driving lesson, but theres no need to say that last bit.
It's for gearboxes without syncro's. The whole process can take less than second, and the clutch is released whilst in neutral to manually syncronise the input and output shafts (the engine revs falling does that).

Nearly all cars without synchros needed this technique (useful for slow shifts in race cars without syncros), and I think some trucks still require the technique.
-
Most if not all motorcycles don't have synchros but most people shift them normally. I've never even heard of someone doube declutching on a modern motorcycle. Some don't use the clutch at all except for starting and stopping, most often in racing conditions, though.
Actually motorcycles are FULLY syncronized, that's why you don't need a clutch to shift and it's very easy even to downshift if you match revs without clutch. So, what does that make cars? Are they half-syncronized?
-
You an also be in -- neutral when shifting without the cluth depressed, then when you hit the clutch it'll pop into that gear skipping the other ones.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG