The online racing simulator
Lost via domus shader problem
(9 posts, started )
I just downloaded Lost via domus game, but it is not working on my pc, because video card suports only 2.0 pixel shader, but game needs 3.0. So i want to as is there any patch, that allows to play this game with 2.0 pixel shader ?
#2 - wien
I have no idea about that particular game, but there are on occation patches made for popular games to run on a lower shader model. Bioshock comes to mind. It's a huge job though. You need to rewrite most of the shaders the game is using, in some cases it can't even be done without major quality og speed regressions (hence why the game is released as SM3 only).

You could give it a search (the game's official forum would be a good start), but I doubt you'll find anything. Buying a new middle to low end card is probably the best solution. They're dirt cheap these days, and are probably still faster than what you've got now (what is it BTW?).
Gf fx5200
#4 - wien
Ouch. AGP too then I assume? You could have a look for one of the lower end AGP HD3XXX cards from AMD, they cost next to nothing, but still beat the pants off the FX5200.
I used to have one of them. It's shaders are a little limited, but it's an old card so what can you do?

I can't think of any way you could get an update to get the newer pixel shader models though. I don't think there's any kind of software emulation that would do it either.

As a bit of an upgrade you might be able to pick up something like a 7600 or 7900. They won't win you any frame rate prizes, but my 7900GS has served me really well over the last couple of years.

[Edit:
Oh, I forgot it was an AGP card. Doh]
i am thinking about gf 6600gt it is better than gf 7300, and thats the best card that i can place into my motherboard
but it is to expensive for me at the moment
#7 - wien
If you're buying anyway I'd go with something newer than those. There are AGP versions of both the Geforce 8 series and the Radeon HD 2/3 series available, and they will be much better than something as old as an 6600GT. I don't see why those wouldn't fit your computer unless it's AGP 2x, in which case all is lost and you really need a new computer. It probably wouldn't run the Lost game anyway, even with a new graphics card.
Quote from wien :If you're buying anyway I'd go with something newer than those. There are AGP versions of both the Geforce 8 series and the Radeon HD 2/3 series available, and they will be much better than something as old as an 6600GT. I don't see why those wouldn't fit your computer unless it's AGP 2x, in which case all is lost and you really need a new computer. It probably wouldn't run the Lost game anyway, even with a new graphics card.

It would run Lost with better card. I cant put newer card in my motherboard because it is too old and there is no AGP 2x on it and my power supplier would fail because its only 300 w for better card i need to buy at least 350 w.
#9 - wien
Quote from mxpxun :I cant put newer card in my motherboard because it is too old

If it has an AGP slot (4X and up), anything should work unless I've forgotten something elementary about legacy hardware.
Quote from mxpxun :power supplier would fail because its only 300 w for better card i need to buy at least 350 w.

That may be a problem yeah. One of the lower end cards may be able to cope though. The power requirement listed are usually way over on the safe side.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG