The online racing simulator
Avoiding Fisheye with TH2GO
(6 posts, started )
#1 - jempe
TH2Go works very well on LFS. (LFS technicaly rules )

But it still have a issue: the fish eye effect that makes a zoom effect on side screens.

So is there a solution to avoid this?

Maybe, I should post an "feature suggestion" post?

Some games like rfactor or il2 have a triple video-projector support but no th2go support. I think it's crazy because how many people use a triple vp solution???

By triple vp support, I mean that your screens must have 90° between them.
An example:
http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=grab089tr1.jpg

This feature should be really great if we could change the number of degrees between screens
You can just adjust the FOV used by LFS. There is a slider for it ingame. If you're getting fisheye effects, you're probably using something like 130°. On my triple screen setup I find 100° a good compromise between distorted sides and peripheral vision. Also removes almost all of the dash from your vision on the road cars, allowing you to concentrate on what matters - the racetrack.
#3 - jempe
thx for the answer, I know I can change the FOV, but if you select a too small fov, you lost the benefit of surround view....

A good fov is minimum 120° (60 per screen). If you think about the position of the screens that make a angle between them, you can calculate a more important fov to expect a correct field of view.
I used to be slightly irritated by the fish eye effect with my TH2Go, but i don't notice it any more tbh, i use 118 FOV.
I suggest that, until a solution comes along in a future patch, you just try to ignore it, and eventually you will forget it's there.
#6 - jempe
Thx for the links, I only tried "th2go" in the search function, so I didn't see the subject was already existing.

In fact, for a grip race, it's not a big issue for me, but if want to look by the door when I am in a drifting session it s unusable because of the zoom effect.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG