The online racing simulator
Opinion on Dual Monitors
(38 posts, started )
Same, i'm probably a noob at setting it up. If someone would be kind enough to set it up for LFS with 2 x 1280x1024 monitors I would be really greatful!
I have 2 monitors, but I have no idea on how make the view of the wheel on one screen, and the rest on the other. a lot of people complained tha they could not see what's ahead of them on my rig. Also tried the link anttt69 posted, no luck.
Quote from Zipppy :a lot of people complained tha they could not see what's ahead of them on my rig. Also tried the link anttt69 posted, no luck.

Yea, but, technically you CAN see what's ahead of you - it's just split in hald

Besides, I've honestly found that after awhile you just get used to it and kind of ignore the center bar.

I think I'm going to sell my two screens though. We have a projector set up in our apartment and I have no place for them anymore. I dunno how much I'd even be able to sell them for though since they're out of the cases and bolted to a piece of wood (to make for a thinner center bar) in a crude setup. If anyone in the NJ area want's them let me know! Two 19" Acer monitors. Great condition - just without the frames, lol.
I have dual (17" and 22"), but I prefer to use just one whilst playing LFS, using both is off putting IMO.
did you set them up[ with the image spread?
Bumping this thread because I'm experimenting with a dual monitor setup at the moment. I don't want to spread LFS over the two monitors; I want to keep one monitor for LFS and the other for VNC/IRC etc. I've got this up and running but I have a question. When the monitor running LFS is in focus I get the audio from LFS. When the other monitor has focus I can't hear LFS any more. Is it possible to still get the audio from LFS even when it's not in focus?
#34 - Jakg
No - it's something to do with the "new" way LFS does audio for Vista (as in when LFS' audio engined was re-jigged to work on Vista).
a work around should be playing LfS in windowed mode.
#36 - SamH
That doesn't work. If the LFS window doesn't have focus, there is no audio from LFS. A 2nd monitor is for look-see-no-touchy.
I don't understand, why do you need the sound to work when it's not in focus. Presumably when you are doing something on the other monitor, you would have LFS paused or something right?
Shame to hear I won't be able to get audio. Thanks for the replies.

Quote from Stang70Fastback :I don't understand, why do you need the sound to work when it's not in focus. Presumably when you are doing something on the other monitor, you would have LFS paused or something right?

If I was adminning a race and wanted to be able to chat on IRC about it, for example. I wouldn't be able to pause if it if was a live multiplayer race.

Opinion on Dual Monitors
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG