The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you have music when racing?

No
Sometimes
Yes
No, I can already barely hear the car, so I really can't use music without getting yelled at for having the speakers too loud.
I dont, but I do remember when I first started endurance karting I recall a race I was loosing concentration so I sang Jilted John to myself to re-focus myself. I couldnt say whether it made a difference or not, but I won my rookie year
Hmm, depends on the mood, if i want to listen to music.... and someone calls me to lfs.. i leave winamp on, till it gets serious and i need to concentrate, i leave winamp on.. In races, rarely, if just fooling around, then yes winamp is on.. IDK, it affects each time differently.... music for drifting is good, i once got into abnormal rhytm for racing, idk... seems dangerous
sometimes when racing
some time ago all the time while cruising (now its more ts that i use)
No in LFS.

But hell yes in TrackMania - music is awesome.
Quote from A.Ulleri :I never listen to music when I race or play games in general. Always turn it off. But when working in photoshop or doing anything else work related I can't function without it.

This.
Well music is on sometimes for me when i'm racing. When the races are huge in length, I have to do something so as not to get bored, especially when the server is kinda empty. Other than that, music is off in order to be guided by the engine sound.

+1 to sometimes
Quote from CobraDrifter :When drifting:Yes
When i'm doing a drift competition:No
When racing:Sometimes

Same here, but when racing i do not listen to music.
Quote from jonny__27 :This is just for fun, to know if you like to have some music on while racing.

About me, yes, i like to have my rock music on, specially groups like Offspring, Blink 182 and such.

Yeah me too.
Either Dance music or rock music
It's gotta have a fast beat or... it dont work for me.
I never listen to music in LFS... I cannot concentrate)
Today on Race 2 I put the Initial D soundtrack on and I was on fire.

Sometimes if I put music on I can't concentrate on my driving but other times it helps. Go figure
Quote from March Hare :
Sometimes if I put music on I can't concentrate on my driving but other times it helps. Go figure

Same
Quote from March Hare :Today on Race 2 I put the Initial D soundtrack on and I was on fire.

just tried the same and did my PB with XRG on BL GP. 1.37.03

edit: another PB with Initial D Soundtrack: 1:36:67 with XFG
only in lfs, because the engine sound is so bad.
I am listening hard rock while i am racing
Never while racing.
Never really did since I have the tendency to try to hear a part of a song that I haven't heard before.
"Hey, I hear the sound of metal scraping! Oh wait..."

If I already know the song then I have the tendency to try to keep time in my head which throws me out of focus. Only if I feel the need to distract myself from something like anxiety, boredom, do I need to turn on music. I even use it to distract myself from getting distracted and it could make me do work better.
Never
I only listen to music when I am cruising (you do it too, maybe).

Anything else, I won't.
well usually i don't, but sometimes when i'm drifting, i listen to Psychodelic rock, then after a hour i start to feel dizzy and do donuts

(i know, drifting is shit )
Quote from KiRmelius :well usually i don't, but sometimes when i'm drifting, i listen to Psychodelic rock, then after a hour i start to feel dizzy and do donuts

(i know, drifting is shit )

:ices_rofl
Hmm I listen to music nearly every time I do race, helps me focus better. I the cases it doesn't I just change my music to something else.

I usually listen to some progressive, house, trance, hardcore or when I need to go really fast speedcore, terror or breakcore
I tend not to, sometimes i do if the race is really long. But that's more due to the fact that I don't like digital engine sounds, they're not as pleasent to listen to as a real car.
Racing my own car IRL i've never listened to music, and 99% of the time when driving i never have the cd player on.
Nope. Need to hear engine & tires. And it also kills my concentration.
#50 - halo
Always.
But level it so I can hear the engine sound.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG