The online racing simulator
Unlocking Problems :(
(14 posts, started )
I am having problems unlocking s2.At the start of this month I unlocked LFS S2 with my username and password and it was all going well I had full s2 and I had all the usual privliges.Then I shut down LFS and went on to it the next day(today) and it didn't stay unlocked so I tryed unlocking it again and it said "Unlocks for this month all used".Does this mean I can only play s2 once a month? Surely that's a bit of a rip off.illepall
Please help me!
Make sure your LFS folder (and it's contents including subfolders and their contents) are NOT read-only. If they are then LFS can't 'remember' it's been unlocked after you close it.

Normally you should unlock LFS and it'll stay unlocked until you either reinstall everything or change your hardware significantly (at which point most people reinstall windows anyway).
Thanks
Thanks for you help but how to I change the read only thing? Will I be able to play LFS again this month?
Right click on your LFS folder. Select properties. UNcheck read-only box. Click ok. Windows will ask if you to apply this to all folders - select yes.

It might take a minute or two to do it.

If you have run out of unlocks, you could try writing a nice email to Victor. If you are nice enough to him, and make him like you in one email then he might flex his godly fingers and present you with a new unlock.

Might be worth informing him that you are having this problem, because otherwise it'll look to him like you're just using unlocks all the time for piracy reasons.
ok
I done the right click and properties thing and the box was already un-checked so that musn't be the problem. I have emailed LFS through the main page is that Victor?Thanks for you help!
Try to unpack LFS in a new directory and do the unlock. If you have anotherdisc partition, try to make a new folder there. You can also try to download LFS again to make sure you haven't corrupted ZIP file....
My friend told me to re-download it and try it but that did nothing.I didn't extract the .zip folder could that be part of the problem?
Thanks
Quote from Integra_Racer :I didn't extract the .zip folder could that be part of the problem?
Thanks

You didn't extract the zip folder?
That's the problem, you need to extract it to a folder and run lfs.exe
Aww I'm such a retard thanks for your help!
Shit happens even to the best, eh LFS needs to access other files in the archive, not just lfs.exe, so extracting is required. Good to see you got it sorted!
Yeah I got it sorted but I still can't play lfs until next month. Thanks for you help everyone!
Quote from Integra_Racer :Yeah I got it sorted but I still can't play lfs until next month. Thanks for you help everyone!

write an email to the devs explaining what happend... usually they will grant you another unlock...
I emailed them telling them the problem in my first post up there.
YEH RITE EM ANOTHER TELLIN EM HOW U SORTED IT AND ASK FOR ANOTEHR UNLOCK

oops soz caps

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG