The online racing simulator
What`s the lifetime of an DFP?
What`s the lifetime of a Driving Force Pro? I`ve had Logitech Formula Force GP for almost around 7 years and it`s still working fine, but I`m looking for something fresh...

Also, is it worth buying the G25 just for the clutch pedal if I need the wheel for around 2 years only?
#2 - Tisza
I was at the same situation a month or 2 ago... I decided to buy a DFP... the g25 is too much for me, but if you have money, buy g25. I think i decided well, cause i enjoy every moment of my dfp...
Quote from Qvarnis :What`s the lifetime of a Driving Force Pro? I`ve had Logitech Formula Force GP for almost around 7 years and it`s still working fine, but I`m looking for something fresh...

Also, is it worth buying the G25 just for the clutch pedal if I need the wheel for around 2 years only?

The lifetime of the wheels just depend on how long you use it at one time and how rough you are with it..
#4 - VoiD
My DFP is still working without any trouble. My size for gloves is 10/XL and I´m a workman (muscles)....

LFS: ~ 120.000 Km

RBR: ~ 8.000 Km

GT(x): ~ 2.500 Km Nordschleife

rFactor: ~ 1.000 Km Nordschleife

Quote from Tisza :...I think i decided well, cause i enjoy every moment of my dfp...

same here!
Oh nice. I`ll get the DFP then. I`m sure the clutch pedal is nice but with so much extra price, ain`t worth it.
Quote from Qvarnis :Oh nice. I`ll get the DFP then. I`m sure the clutch pedal is nice but with so much extra price, ain`t worth it.

IF your old wheel's pedals are working, then use it as a clutch
Quote from [RF]-art555 :IF your old wheel's pedals are working, then use it as a clutch

Well... The reason why I`m looking for a new wheel is that my old pedals don`t work... Otherwise it`d be a good idea.
#8 - ajp71
If you've managed to keep a FF GP going for 7 years (my wheel split in two after 2 years of abuse ) then you should have no problem matching that with the much better built DFP. I'm using a DFP (with Frex GP) and my FF GP pedals to give me a four pedal setup. You could always try finding another old wheel to use as a clutch pedal, buying a cheap knackered FF GP with working pedals off ebay shouldn't be that expensive.
I used my old Wingman Formula Force GP for almost 8 years, so DFP should be similar
A wheel can be used for many time, I has a MSS no feedback and the springs of the pedals were broken after 5 years. The mechanical can be good, but the potis, its necessary to change, after heavy use---i dunno 2 years?
yeah, i bought an DFP used for 20 bucks and this thing doesnt seem like its even possible to wear down...and you can always buy a crappy used wheel at a game store and use the pedal on that for a clutch...make sure the pot in it is analog, unless you dont mind of digital pedals

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG