The online racing simulator
connecting to my own dedicated server
i have this problem with the dedicated server i am running on demo.
i can connect to the dedicated server via LAN but not internet.
when i try to connect to the server via internet, it says "clientconnect:connect failed". but while the server is still running, i can only access it through LAN. the cfg is set for online play with masterserver: yes

it is not listed on the master server but since it givs me a connect fail error i guess it actually is on the master server. but no one can see it. why? any help is appreciated
It doesn't matter if you're on the same LAN. You're still connecting to the same game. Just use the LAN ip address.

Let us know what you've called the server and we'll try and connect to it, but it sounds fine.
its called "fast drifters" and i only run it while im on the computer which is about 5pm to 9pm GMT +8 usually.
This is a very common problem, and I have traced it back to a loopback setting on the router. Unfortunately my router does not allow me to change the setting, so to connect to my own server I have no choice but to connect to it as a LAN server, specifying the IP and port number in the appropriate boxes.
This is a regal PITA, as it means that I cannot use Join2LFS to get onto my own server, but once connected, there is absolutely no difference to connecting via Internet. All the LFSW stats are logged correctly, and others outside of the LAN can join normally too.
If anybody KNOWS how to circumvent the loopback probs on a Netgear DG834PN...Please let me know!
so tell me, if it is a loopback problem, what settings should i change if possible?
Quote from ShUckErU :so tell me, if it is a loopback problem, what settings should i change if possible?

Look in the manual that came with YOUR router...Mine (Netgear DG834PN) cannot be changed, so I have to live with it, by my last one - a Zyxel, could be changed by accessing it through telnet... they are mostly different, so you will have to search tech support for your make/model.
Another thing that I think MIGHT have an impact is your OS..I seem to be able to connect 'normally' when running XP, but have to connect through LAN with Vista...weird!
ok, if you want to connect to your own server, but the server is on the same LAN, it wont work if you connect using WAN, should works if u put the LAN ip, and if the server is at home, and u want to connect to ur server from other place, e.g ur friend's place, then you must port forward 1st, on the router setting, then u can connect to your server from other place, and yet, if you cant connect, theres a third party software acts like VPN, its much easier, it acts like a LAN, just need an internet connection, no need to port forward

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG