The online racing simulator
Tribute to Virginia Tech
(17 posts, started )
Tribute to Virginia Tech - An LFS Movie
Well, what with April 16th coming up, and classes being canceled for us on that day, even though I wasn't here last year, I decided to make a "Live for Speed Tribute" to the students who were killed last year.

It's not at all a fast-paced video, nor is it perfect (in fact, there are a LOT of flaws which annoy the hell out of me) but it's good enough for now that I think I can upload it. Please tell me what you guys think - this is my first LFS video!

Some of the major flaws are the occasional glitches in the smoothness of the captured video, disappearing shadows, and at some points something was flickering through the road surface. And just so you know, the logos on the cars are of different colleges/universities stateside.

RapidShare: http://rapidshare.com/files/105113865/VT_Tribute.avi.html

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwgflD3z2cM&fhm18 - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Sorry for the terrible quality of the RapidShare link. The original file is 320MB, so to get it to under 100 it had to be slightly "detuned."
Im not going to comment on video quality or lack of it..... dude i just want to say.....nice gesture... :cry:
RIP....
Nice Gesture... I did such a movie once... hard to edit as good to do the tragedy justice, but you managed it quite OK...

one question, is that the skin renaming trick involved?

and of course R.I.P.
Very nice, I appreciate your work, it's a great gesture as already said above
Quote from squidhead :one question, is that the skin renaming trick involved?

Yes. I made two skins for each car, and every time I passed one, I renamed the skin in the program. You have to exit each time and delete the .dds file so that the game re-converts the new one. It can be a pain. We really need a few extra options in replay mode to make our lives easier.

Thanks for the comments. I'm trying desperately to cut 20Mb off the video because Facebook.com has a really nice video player with a 300Mb limit... I wish Stage6 hadn't gone under
Nice movie, I really like the transitions in it too.

Some Really good passes
Quote from squad_e :Some Really good passes

Yeah, nothing like owning a bunch of "Newbie" A.I. drivers, lol.
nice
very smooth to look, great choice of music

8/10
Awesome stuff! The changing skin was amazing.

Nice video
Thanks for the comments guys. I tried uploading the video to veoh.com, and it came out in great high-res, but it was a very, very low framerate... which really pisses me off because I exceeded my daily upload limit at college JUST to upload the full high-res version to that site for nothing. Here's to hoping I don't get a JR, lol.
#12 - MR_B
should be in off-topic this
Quote from MR_B :should be in off-topic this

Why?... Its an LFS video... Deserves to be here imo...
i dont think he actually watched the movie and thought it wasnt lfs
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Thanks for the comments. I'm trying desperately to cut 20Mb off the video because Facebook.com has a really nice video player with a 300Mb limit... I wish Stage6 hadn't gone under

I use .avi and compress with DivX. My question is how did you upload to youtube if it's over 100 MB?

BTW great video! I would love to do that skin changing but I wouldn't know where to start.
Nice ideas man. I liked the transitions.
It’s hard work that skin changing trick cause you have to record anything twice and then overlay the vids.
It’s ok with standard cameras but by using shift + U it is really a pain to get it right…

RIP to the casualties

Tribute to Virginia Tech
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG