The online racing simulator
Simple Free Movie Maker
(22 posts, started )
Simple Free Movie Maker
What program do you guys use that's free that would work to make a simple movie with title pages and fade effects. It really just needs to have the same basic features as Windows Movie Maker. I can't use WMM with the clips I create in FRAPS because for some reason it doesn't like them and freezes every 30 seconds when I try and work with it. Really, REALLY aggravating.
#2 - Jakg
Make the titles in WMM and then add them to the LFS video in VirtualDub?

It's how I made my LFS vid...
But I need to edit the video clips. Can you do that in virtualdub?
#4 - Jakg
What do you need to do to them? I am a big n00b at vdub but you can cut them etc.
Split, cross-fade between clips, add a music soundtrack (and eliminate sound in clips), and add some titles... at the very least. Can it do all that?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :What program do you guys use that's free that would work to make a simple movie with title pages and fade effects. It really just needs to have the same basic features as Windows Movie Maker. I can't use WMM with the clips I create in FRAPS because for some reason it doesn't like them and freezes every 30 seconds when I try and work with it. Really, REALLY aggravating.

I've used WMM without any such problems with clips recorded with FRAPS.

You will need to do some troubleshooting, but unfortunately I don't have any good idea on where to start. Perhaps Process Explorer could give a hint on whats going on: http://technet.microsoft.com/e ... ysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Does it run if you start Windows in diagnostics mode, so that all extra services and applications are not started?
I'm really not sure what causes it, but whatever it is, it's isolated to WMM. I had the same issue last time I made a movie with video from my camera, but it didn't freeze anywhere near as often. Just a few times an hour. This is just constant though.
#9 - Migz
Maybe its because theres too much data for wmm to handle? because its avi? Some computers just arnt good enough to be able to handle avi in wmm (such as mine) try converting your fraps recordings to something a bit lower in file size and see if that loads it.
Quote from Migz :Maybe its because theres too much data for wmm to handle? because its avi? Some computers just arnt good enough to be able to handle avi in wmm (such as mine) try converting your fraps recordings to something a bit lower in file size and see if that loads it.

My computer shouldn't have any problem with it. WMP plays the file just fine. It's just WMM that seems to to have the issue. I've got plenty of free RAM and processing power, and I've worked with large files in WMM before...
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Split, cross-fade between clips, add a music soundtrack (and eliminate sound in clips), and add some titles... at the very least. Can it do all that?

Windows Movie Maker
Sony Vegas is fairly simple ..
Quote from squidhead :Windows Movie Maker

Are you serious?! Lol.

Anyway, I discovered I had PowerDVD Creator on my computer, and although it is missing a lot of the effects, it has a lot of other neat options, so I think it'll work.
I'd say you ether need to get WMM (which I don't see how you would be having any problems with it) to work, buy software, or torrent something different. Free doesn't get you much now days...
Quote from Stang70Fastback :...did you happen to read the original post?

Let me give you an analogy

Stang70Fastback : I need to walk, but I can't make my feet work, I need free leg replacement
Squidhead : make them work if you need to walk for free
Stang70Fastback : are you serious?
Squidhead : absolutely
Stang70Fastback : Did you read the original post?

well here's the reply - if you want free editing software, that can do what you need, and WMM doesn't work - either make it work by reading troubleshooting manuals, or forget about the whole idea.
Quote from squidhead :Let me give you an analogy

Stang70Fastback : I need to walk, but I can't make my feet work, I need free leg replacement
Squidhead : make them work if you need to walk for free
Stang70Fastback : are you serious?
Squidhead : absolutely
Stang70Fastback : Did you read the original post?

well here's the reply - if you want free editing software, that can do what you need, and WMM doesn't work - either make it work by reading troubleshooting manuals, or forget about the whole idea.

Ah, alright. I completely missed your point. My fault.

I'd love to try and get it to work, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how. Is there an advanced way to change the settings with which FRAPS encodes files? WMM handles other videos a lot better than the ones from FRAPS, so I'm thinking it has to do with the codec it's using.
#19 - neRu
I use SUPER © for encoding movies, takes all the formats i work with. Try converting them to WMV and see if that helps out.

My sony vegas can't handle big enormous fraps files too, i usually convert them to avi files with DV (Digital Video) encoding. It's the most quality-loss free format i can find, but i'm not very good anyways.
Quote from neRu :I use SUPER © for encoding movies

Good free converter actually
What camera mod do you guys use? I use flipcam + shift U but I can't be still in the race or move the cam as I want to while recording? is there a noclip thingy for spectator in replay that will do it?
Quote from Mazink :I use shift U but I can't be still in the race or move the cam as I want to while recording?

wat?

Simple Free Movie Maker
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG