The online racing simulator
Jakg's Road To Triple Monitors...
(66 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
I gave in and bought a silver monitor (rather than a black one) of my current monitor. Won't look that pretty, but these things are so rare.

So from one monitor to three for the total cost of £114. Not bad!
#27 - Jakg
Wahey - It's here! Time to set it up and go and re-arrange / tidy up my desk and then you'll see loads of pictures. Not sure what i'm more excited about playing, LFS or BF2!
Yeah!! post much pictures, so we can see what you've been up to!
#29 - Jakg
It's all setup - games to come!
Attached images
100_3499.jpg
100_3500.jpg
100_3501.jpg
really nice
Post some pics whit lfs on screen
You know having a pint of beer there doesn't make you more manlier. We can still see the pop by the PC.
#32 - Jakg
It's Lager, and I really can't afford to drink Carlsberg every time I'm thirsty!
#33 - Jakg

(The images line up fine in-game)
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Maybe its the Monitor Bezel compensation? Shifts the images slightly to make it look like the image flows and a bit is hidden by the bezel?

Also, that FPS isn't nice! Are you overclocked at all?
#35 - Jakg
Yeah it's the bezel compensation that i'm using but i doesn't bother me.

That screenshot was taken at stock with 8xAA, 16xAF with 19 Ai's in front of me. That is the "FPS Killer" test I run, and even at the back of a full grid of "normal" Ai's I get around 30 FPS. I've now mildly overclocked (2.13 -> 2.4 GHz, more RAM bandwidth and boosted up my Core/Memory/Shaders on the GFX card) and will try to have a little play (and make a quick video) later on.
just buy 3 Eizo 24" monitors lol
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Pretty cool... Bit offtopic... What speakers are those ? x-540 ? If yes, rate them.. I want a ~50pounds 5.1 speaker set.
#38 - Jakg
They are X540's, and while they are ok they aren't exceptional. They sound about as good as my old cheap Creative P380's with more Bass and 2 extra speakers.
How is the 5.1 anyway ? Ive got 2.1 chepass speakers.. And wanted to upgrade... The logitech x-540 seemed ok, until i saw those small plastic things in a store, i lost all belief, that they sound good
http://www.eacan.com.cn/e1100_introduction.htm These are the same price... E-1100A 5.1 but i couldnt find a SINGLE review on the i-net xD
#40 - Jakg
5.1 is great in games that support it (ie BF2 - to FEEL a grenade behind you, to hear the bullets from your team mates behind you is immersive as hell) it's great, but LFS, for example, doesn't

I don't know enough about speakers to recommend you any different ones, but I was told these are great for the price.

I'd say try to listen to them first.
I'd just stick with a Logitech sound system. They sound fantastic, and are well built... AND they are designed to be used with computer sound cards - so you don't end up with RCA connections that need converters or something. Either what Jakg has, or if you want a 5.1 system, any of those too. I can guarantee though that if you want to rock the house, a z5300 or z5500 setup with blow your mind.
#42 - Jakg
#44 - Dru
nice setup Jak - the AI can be quite hard to beat foer the novice
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I'd just stick with a Logitech sound system. They sound fantastic, and are well built... AND they are designed to be used with computer sound cards - so you don't end up with RCA connections that need converters or something. Either what Jakg has, or if you want a 5.1 system, any of those too. I can guarantee though that if you want to rock the house, a z5300 or z5500 setup with blow your mind.

z5500's are good for the price... but the down side is 10% THD. I'm running them in my cockpit with the sub firing into the back of the seat... i'm quite pleased but am installing a seperate car audio deck for music.
Jack looks... cute.
#47 - Jakg
go away.

EDIT - This post is endorsed by Lidl - bringing you cheap Vodka & Ouzo since 2007 when they opened in my area.
That face seems a bit young to be legal for an alchool trip Jackie!
Look at your little arms! Awwwww
Jack is 16, so his mummy and daddy only let him have one pint a month. XD

Jakg's Road To Triple Monitors...
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG