The online racing simulator
Hi-res MG RV8 style interior for LX4 / LX6 (WIP)
Here's my first ever interior

It is loosely based around the Interior of my dad's MG RV8. I'd like to hear what you think about it. All made with Paint.NET

I still need to attempt (:schwitz to make a seat, and add a few more details here and there, but on the whole it is done

Thanks to unseen for all the tips he gave me for making a good interior.

Stuff in the pics not made by me:

MG Wheel made by Unseen. Gator texture by Skinman

LFS Database Download Link: http://www.lfs-database.com/in ... nid=46&p13_fileid=612

New Link due to LFS Database being down: http://www.filefront.com/17103697/LX%20MG%20Interior.zip
Attached images
MG Interior.jpg
Quote from Epidermis Boy :Good job on the Burled walnut texture.

Just wondering though, did the walnut end up being applied to the roll bar too? I found this to be the case, if you apply the texture on the dashboard too far down. If you only go down as far as shown, in the link below, you won't have the texture messing up the roll bar.

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=52656&d=1206884749

I had that problem to start with and asked unseen. There is a small square underneath the speedo that is the roll bar texture
Will it be released it look so nice!

keep up the good work!
I think I will release it, when I am satisfied that it is finished

I need to take a few more photos of My dad's car for a few minor bits and pieces
Nice, i like it.
Can you see any things that could do with a little improvement?

I want my interior to be the best It can be
I see something very obvious in those pictures: the shifter boot (gator.dds). Try experimenting with that texture! Make it blend in with the rest of the interior.

Use this one as a starting point.
Attached files
gator.dds - 170.8 KB - 340 views
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I see something very obvious in those pictures: the shifter boot (gator.dds). Try experimenting with that texture! Make it blend in with the rest of the interior.

Use this one as a starting point.

Yeah It does kinda stand out like a sore thumb . The gator texture is one of those things on my list that I am going to attempt (:schwitz to make.
Turned out pretty damn good, J

Dunno how it`ll look with the interior, but here you go.
Attached files
Cromowheel2.dds - 682.8 KB - 355 views
Cromowheel_grip.dds - 682.8 KB - 238 views
Thanks so much for that wheel texture - It was worth the wait

It fits very nicely with the interior, and somehow looks good in the UFR too
I tried to make a Gator.dds based off shiny red cobra's. It looks a bit bad

Just want some thought about it.
Attached images
lfs_00000443.jpg
Ideally I'd want one like the first picture, but in cream leather. I did the 'pyramid' style one because It was easier for my first try at making a gator.
Exactly Like that one
Would you mind if I used yours?

I've tried over and over again to make one that looks half decent but they always look like a 3 year old has had an 'accident' with some cream leather and a sewing machine .
Quote from Epidermis Boy :LOL

You can use mine as long as you give me credit for it

I'm not sure I have the right shade of cream leather...I was judging it by one of your post pics.

I'll try to upload it for you tonight

Of course I'll give you credit for it.. duh

I (or you) could play around with brightness and contrast and other settings to get it looking the right shade maybe?
Your link doesn't work

"The page cannot be found"
Here's a sample of my texture put next to a sample of your gear gator texture. It just needs to be a bit lighter overall I think. However, if you make it too bright you could loose some of the detail of the creases.

The difference in game isn't as noticeable as it is in the attatched pic
Attached images
Texture.jpg
That looks great, thanks
Hows work going?
Update
So, after an enjoyable weekend at the MG event at Silverstone, I was inspired to do a bit more.

I've added a few more bits to the dashboard, such as new dash lights + some switches (yes, I am aware that right now I have 3 fog light switches - will be fixed soon ). Also, I've added an ashtray (complete with reflection of my camera ), which I've been meaning to do for years, plus a nicer logo on the floormats.

More importantly, I've had a crack at making a nice cream leather seat... and IMO, it turned out quite well. Still could do with a bit of final tweaking though
Attached images
Updates.jpg
All looks real great mate, keep on working!
Looks cool,but the buttons are a bit to bright..^^
This better?
Attached images
Buttons.jpg
This interior looks great, looking forward to release
Yay, im lovin it <3

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG