The online racing simulator
shift+u view: less restrictive, racing line visible
Hello
For creating layouts, it would be usefull if you
could display the racingline while in shift+u mode.
Iam still learning and wanted to place some cones in corners where I always run wide and noticed, the line disappears in editormode.

Also, if it was possible to move the free camera a little behind the track barriers, this would allow for moviescenes that appear to be filmed from the audience or from a rooftop.
Quote from Gutholz :Hello
For creating layouts, it would be usefull if you
could display the racingline while in shift+u mode.
Iam still learning and wanted to place some cones in corners where I always run wide and noticed, the line disappears in editormode.

Also, if it was possible to move the free camera a little behind the track barriers, this would allow for moviescenes that appear to be filmed from the audience or from a rooftop.

I would also find it useful to use racing line while editing layouts. However, unfortunately your second suggestion is (If I have understood it correctly) impossible.
Quote from Gekkibi :I would also find it useful to use racing line while editing layouts. However, unfortunately your second suggestion is (If I have understood it correctly) impossible.

whats wrong with the second one
I think he just means the camera moving a little bit more AWAY from the track, so you get the audience's perspective
Quote from harjun :whats wrong with the second one
I think he just means the camera moving a little bit more AWAY from the track, so you get the audience's perspective

For the same reason we can't have "free tracks". It has something to do with graphics engine. If you want more specified answer, you'll have to ask it from someone who really knows something about it.
Quote from Gekkibi :For the same reason we can't have "free tracks". It has something to do with graphics engine. If you want more specified answer, you'll have to ask it from someone who really knows something about it.

comeon, just think about it as "zooming away" from the track
Quote from harjun :comeon, just think about it as "zooming away" from the track

Well, if you just want to "zooming away" from the track, put FOV to as high as possible.

There, problem solved.
Quote from Gekkibi :Well, if you just want to "zooming away" from the track, put FOV to as high as possible.

There, problem solved.

yeh, then a bit more, and a bit of a higher view, and you have an audience's perspective...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG