The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Kyoto 500 Rules
Here we go - the rules from the 250, with some more added as they were suggested/I came across them in the replay.

Please, please, please suggest more rules that you think need to be in there. We have lots of time for them to be added, but don't delay. We may come up with more as time progresses.

from deko: The German Rules translation is now probably completely wilidly inaccurante. For the most part, as far as I know.
Attached files
Rules (German).doc - 230.5 KB - 365 views
Kyoto5002008RulesFINALPDF.pdf - 247.8 KB - 343 views
Nice set of rules.
In my opinion, though, You might want to consider including rules for obeying yellow line on pit-exit.
And one other suggestion: How about a 2-lap-qualifying?
We did that a couple of days ago an I found that to be quite adequate ...
#3 - J@tko
Quote from avetere :Nice set of rules.
In my opinion, though, You might want to consider including rules for obeying yellow line on pit-exit.

Forgot that - thanks - added
Quote from avetere :And one other suggestion: How about a 2-lap-qualifying?
We did that a couple of days ago an I found that to be quite adequate ...

Qualifying was the one thing that went well. Thanks for the input, but we wont be changing it
Should include the Black Flag rule.
Quote from J@tko :Qualifying was the one thing that went well. Thanks for the input, but we wont be changing it

Hehe ... no problem That was just one of my - sometimes weird - suggestions :detective

btw: Is threre anything clear about the shedule yet?
Would be interesting to know if the race will be before midnight here on the european shores
#6 - J@tko
Quote from avetere :Hehe ... no problem That was just one of my - sometimes weird - suggestions :detective

btw: Is threre anything clear about the shedule yet?
Would be interesting to know if the race will be before midnight here on the european shores

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=40850

It's European based, as such, and so it'll be in the evening on these shores.

Thanks
ok ... thanks for providing the link.
Though ... reading that post I found the tyre-rule should be included in the rules-doc as it is quite ... important ...
one quick question, are driver changes still allowed?

EDIT: found the answer: NO! ... hmmm ... i should read the rules more concentrated!
#9 - J@tko
Rules updated.
beside the things we discuss in the Practice session thread, I have a general Question, wich should be cleared more clearly in the rules:

When you are Continual and deliberate blocking? I mean, racing on road courses there is the rule about 1 linechange. On the oval when it is public, defending the line is not allowed. In the event it is, right? so when is the point in time you reached this mark of continual and deliberate blocking?
I would think that it is once you have changed your line you have to stick to it instead of changing it and coming back. Let's see what the race admins have to say though.
Its up to the race admins, depending on the situation. You will probably be warned first. Just be polite to your fellow racers.

i.e. Don't weave across the track time and time again with the sole objective of blocking the other person
Kyoto 500 Rules in German
I've done some translating. Now version 0.1 of the German Rulebook, is uploaded... I want every German/Austrian/Swiss*/Luxembourgian*/Belgian*, who can speak German, to take a look on it. It is 12o'clock, midnight, and I sit here for 3hours of translating, I hope it is mistakes free The Rules are sense-translated, sothat everyone (above called contries) can understand the procedure.
Attached files
Kyoto500_German.doc - 218.5 KB - 474 views
Friday I will be going through the rules and doing some touch-ups and modifications.

Joseph did most of them, but the quick skim I did after his update reminded me of something I left out.

Plus, I'll elaborate on some things.

A changelog will be posted.

d
Quote from JO53PHS : Rules 1.0 uploaded.
A final and pretty much complete version of the Kyoto 500 rules has been uploaded. A few points have been made clearer and some additional rules have been put in.

The German Version of the rules is currently out of date, but hopefully TFalke55 will be able to update them soon to take into account the changes.

The Updated rules can be found here

Rules 1.0.doc (219.0 KB)

Okey... I'll update them as soon as possible. Should be done Friday in worst case!
Thanks falke
just a question, am i allowed to trade in a spot on the qualifying grid to a car behind me. for example i am on the very outside in row 5 can i trade in that spot with someone in row 6+ on the very inside?

to be honest i am not sure if 3 wide starts are possible but i'll be glad if it works out!
Quote from Fischfix :just a question, am i allowed to trade in a spot on the qualifying grid to a car behind me. for example i am on the very outside in row 5 can i trade in that spot with someone in row 6+ on the very inside?

No, you have to stay in your position.
Quote from English Rulebook :4. Drivers are to follow the Safety Car at the SC speed for ½ a lap, until the ‘start boxes’ are reached (The start boxes are marked with chalk lines on the back straight). Drivers should position themselves in the start boxes as shown in the diagram to the right.
5. Once all cars are lined up in their correct start boxes, the field will begin moving again.
6. All cars should remain in triple file, and in the correct order

Quote from German Rulebook :
Abschnitt 4.04 Alle Teilnehmer müssen dem Safety Car ½ Runden folgen, bis sie die Startboxen (auf der Geraden hinter T2) erreicht haben (Die Startboxen sind durch Kreidelinien am Boden markiert) Alle Fahrer sollten sich nach der rechts stehenden Abbildung positionieren.
Abschnitt 4.05 So bald alle Fahrer in den, für sie vorgesehenen, Startboxen stehen, setzt sich das Feld erneut in Bewegung.
Abschnitt 4.06 Alle Fahrzeuge müssen in der dreigliedrigen Formation und in der richtigen Reihenfolge bleiben.

Quote from Fischfix :to be honest i am not sure if 3 wide starts are possible but i'll be glad if it works out!

well it worked pretty well during the test sessions. Especially with some more racers then in the past testing sessions
ok if this is the case... i will join the next sessions anyway...
Rules updated just now.

Please read them. Some major changes to qualifying procedure, and some added regulations.

Also, note the change from TS to Vent.

d
Final copy of the 2008 Regulations is uploaded.

I have clarified pit entry procedures, and amended a few other things. Please give it a re-read. I've also made some changes to some ex-post-facto things to make the clarifications that were made in real time rules. As well as prepare these rules for next year's 500.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG