The online racing simulator
Need help with wheel
(24 posts, started )
Need help with wheel
Well, I got a new racing wheel for christmas \ X-Mas.
It`s called Saitek R440.
It looks great, and costed pretty much, feels good to take and turn on - great
wheel basically
But I have one problem, everything works with it, but there is one big problem -The trottle pedal. It seems always stucked. Yes, I downloaded a driver from www.saitek.com , but still it does. In LFS it is always uber sensetive. If it don`t hang up, it will go full trottle even if I just touch the top of the pedal, so it is like driving a strange form of keyboard trotle with wheel illepall BUt the starnge is that brake work ok, it is good balanced, don`t go full before I press the pedal to the metal, and the strering is also great.
My problen is the trottle, and I had hoped someone could help me, so I once again can race LFS as is should be done
Here, I posted this a while back.

Quote from Tweaker :Make sure your controller is all properly plugged in and working in Windows.

Then go into LFS and goto OPTIONS --> CONTROLS

1) The first step is that you should have the button at the top highlight/selected to "Wheel / Js".

2) Then, about halfway down, click on the Axes/FF button. Below that button you should then see a list of assignments.

3) To the right of those you will see the functional axes for the controller (the pedals and wheel movements). First click on Steer and then the right-side menu should be brighter and you can select an Axis on the right side. To know what axis to choose, move your pedals and wheel to see the bars move. Choose the Axis that moves for your steering. Then your Steering is assigned properly.

4) Do the same for the Throttle and Brake, and then you should be good to go.

***Do this first if you want to brake and gas at the same time (recommended)***
5) Also remember to turn the "Throttle / Brake axes" to "Seperate" in LFS (And In Windows you need to have your pedals option for "Combined Axes" unchecked/off). If you choose seperate axes after you've already calibrated the wheel in LFS, you will need to re-calibrate the wheel to use the new axes assignments.
----------------------------------------------------------

If you notice in the lower right corner (When in the controls menu of the game), you have green and red bars to indicate throttle and brake movements. They should NOT be showing if your feet are off the pedals. If you press the pedals, they should move up and down. That is how you know they are working. If those bars are filled up (red and green) then you need to invert the axis for Throttle and Brake. Also, go into the Display options of the game and set "Show Pedals" to YES, that way you can see if they are working while you are racing on the track.

Hope this helps!

Ok, I will try that.
Thank you
#4 - bbman
If that doesn't help, you may wanna try to manipulate the throttle axis with DXTweaker... But could be a broken Potentiometer also...
Ok, I have tried most things with the wheel now, but the problem is deeper I think.. I looked in control panel and on the wheel. And there it stod full trottle, and I wasn`t near it. I tried all, but it seems that trottle is "hanged" on some way. I can`t understand this problems, I tried to drivers from the cd, and downloaded new ones from their site, and even downloaded a "special" thing to prevent this problem. But what possible can I do now? If it is the trottle that is stucked, ok, but what can I do with this problem? The wheel is also new, just delivered, and no possible damage I could think of could have happend to it. So it is some form of software, maybe hardware or the thing in it self.
Glad for any help I can get.
#6 - bbman
Read my above post...
Ok, but I didn`t understand very much of it, sorry hehe
Is it a program? Makes something with my wheel? Got a little more infomation, since I never heared about it, it`s pretty strange to me
But if you got a link to info and download \ help \ usefull inforamtion \ anything, I would be thanksfull

Cheers!
Does the throttle pedal always seem stuck, even in the Windows Control Panel screen?
Yes, I looked on the screen where you can calibrate it and stuff. There it is a indicator that shows 3 things, wheel, brake and trottle. Brake works ok, only comes red bar when you push on it. Wheel is ok, on middle, np with that. But the trottle bar is full up, meaning that it is stucked and gives full trottle, and I am not even near the trottle pedal, so something is really wrong
Maybe you should invert the axis?
If you talk about LFS, I has done it. But how can I invert them in normal windows, or any other ways also?
-
(cgrassham) DELETED by cgrassham
Quote from The Very End :If you talk about LFS, I has done it. But how can I invert them in normal windows, or any other ways also?

What wheel do you have? If its a Logitech, you can invert the axis in the Logitech Profilers screen, which you can get to in the controllers control panel.
Saitek R440

Pretty sure that is it
And problem is full trottle \ hanged trottle, what can I do?
Thanks for reply`s.
Ok. I tried LFS again yesterday, pluged my wheel to pc as usuall, and then it happend.. The wheel and trottle worked normally O_o Ok, this I find very strange, now it works perfekt, no problems at all illepall
Anyway , I am ready for some serious racing now! Cya on track buddies.
Glad it worked out for you... For me, my R440 has never disappointed me, hope yours isn't going to either...

Have fun!
Usually if you unplug the wheel or something, it can reset some controls. Sometimes my wheel will have 'stuck' pedals at about halfway, but when I unplug the controller, then replug them in while in the game or whatever, the controller is reset. Then I just press CTRL + C to recalibrate in LFS on the fly, and voilla, done!
Hehe, me and probs again- This time it is the steering. I never can hold a right line because if I move the wheel 1mm it goes much on game, and I have tried wheel compensation but no help. I don`t know if u understand, but the wheel ain`t smooth :S I can`t do very small turns, because then it will jump a little and it will be hard turn, and I have to steer all the way. U understand what I mean? Any help or stuff I can do?
I had this problem with my r440, which I'm still racing with. I have my forces setup to about 50% all across the board in windows control panel, and run a low-ish level of force in LFS. This solved it for me with wheel turn compensation.

I must admit, its not the greatest wheel, and I've had to change a few setups to deal with this issue, but it does seem to get better with age. Mine is coming up to 3-4 years old by now, and is no where near as bad as when I got it.
so you think it is a problem that will solve itself after some time`?
Its a mixture of solving through changing setups, age, and windows controller settings in my experience.
Just a little bit of advice, never use Saitek drivers off the CD, always get them from their web site!

In fact that's a good thing to do for all drivers anyway!
I have an R440 and used to be plagued by these problems, sometimes it was like even the force feedback was switched off....

I dont have the problems anymore, I dont plug the wheel in until my pc is up and running, then when i get into LFS first thing i do is goto the track and turn full left and full right on the wheel and floor the accell and the brake.

Then everything seems to be calibrated and good to go.

I like the r440, nice compact unit and fairly decent pedals!
Thanks for all the help
The thing that helped most was wheel compensation (hows it spelled?).
It smooths out the small turns, but you have to turn like a mad if you car begins to spin, because you must turn more before it goes sharp turn.
One problem solved, 1 new came :P
Haha, joke. But is funny, as soon you has dealed with one problem, a new occurs. ^^
From The Logitech site.....

"When I start my driving game my car's brakes/gas are permanently on and I can't stop my car from reversing/moving forward. Why is this?
The R440's pedals can be set up in two different configurations - Combined (2 axis) or Separate (3 axis), provided you have downloaded the driver from our downloads page. What this means is that in Combined mode the pedals act much like a joystick would - they become two halves of the same axis so pushing the gas pedal would be like pushing a joystick forward and pushing the brake pedal would be like pulling the stick back. Most games support this type of axis for the gas and brake actions. The Separate mode gives each of the pedals their own independent axis - much like in real life, you can press both pedals at the same time and get response from them whereas pressing both pedals together in Combined mode just cancels any movement out. Some of the more modern racing games allow for this separate axis mode for added realism however if the wheel is set to Separate mode in a game that does not support it then it will behave as if the gas or brake are held down permanently. To solve this simply go into the Properties screen for the wheel in Game Controllers/Gaming Options and untick the box that says Operate Pedals Separately and the game should then respond correctly."

Need help with wheel
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG