The online racing simulator
British Touring Cars
(98 posts, started )
Thing is We Dont want to Loose Formula renault or the ELF Renault Clio Cup Because if one of them goes they both go :o And the Clio's Own! They are both Supporting each other And I bet We Will Loose them to something crap like Volkswagon Cup Or something like that
Quote from Jordan2007 :I think they should put T Cars Instead of Ginettas Because all the top Drivers are coming from That Such As Phil Quaife,Alex Brundle,Jolyon Palmer And a lot More.

And All the People From Ginettas Say Saxo's are crap Because there not a real racing car ( When they have stickers as headlights )

Truth is they're all rich kids being bought a drive, they may get bought further drives and possibly could end up with a genuine paid drive in a second class series but karts and conventional single seaters are still the only route to proper top level motor racing.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :
My dream support package:

TGP
BritCar

You couldn't seriously run either TGP or Britcar at a meeting with BTCC being the headline event.
Quote from ajp71 :Truth is they're all rich kids being bought a drive, they may get bought further drives and possibly could end up with a genuine paid drive in a second class series but karts and conventional single seaters are still the only route to proper top level motor racing.

You couldn't seriously run either TGP or Britcar at a meeting with BTCC being the headline event.

Yes you can...
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Yes you can...

Well no you can't they'd steal the show, as would the Porsches if they had decent grids full of good drivers. A lot of the half wits that go to BTCC events would also get bored by the concept of proper racing.
#30 - mr_x
Quote from duke_toaster :The BTCC, as usual had a few driving standards issues. I'm thinking specifically regarding Mr Plato.

Plato had nowhere else to go, he went to do a legitimate overtaking attempt on the inside when Onslow-Cole moved over causing Shedden to move over, just because Plato was involved doesn't mean he's done anything wrong, it was just a racing accident.

Quote from ajp71 : A lot of the half wits that go to BTCC events would also get bored by the concept of proper racing.

You sir, are what I like to call an utter tosser.

I am a big fan of the BTCC, and I am no half-wit and take offence to what you have posted. It's not the first time, EVERY time there's a BTCC thread you post something like that.

I accept that you don't like it, much like I hate F1, yet still respect the people who enjoy it.

Think about what you post in future.
Quote from mr_x :
You sir, are what I like to call an utter tosser.

I am a big fan of the BTCC, and I am no half-wit and take offence to what you have posted. It's not the first time, EVERY time there's a BTCC thread you post something like that.

I accept that you don't like it, much like I hate F1, yet still respect the people who enjoy it.

Think about what you post in future.

You probably aren't the typical person that BTCC is trying to appeal to though, I know quite a few people who have no interest in motor racing (except going to watch bangers) who like BTCC (and some who routinely go and watch) who certainly don't understand the concept of clean racing and like seeing contact and crashes. I think the fact that these people consider BTCC just another form of banger racing says it all. I'm not saying touring cars shouldn't be a legitimate form of motorsport just in this current guise you can't really call it true motorsport, if they did that kind of thing at other meetings they be permanently up before the clerk of the course and half of them would be banned. I had the pleasure of watching a days worth of clean and very close racing at Donington last week, far closer than the touring cars can race because drivers are able to trust each other in a days racing there were only two pieces of contact, only one of which ended somebodies race, every race I watched yesterday had either a red flag or multiple safety cars.

The question isn't whether you like BTCC it's would you rather see less contact? If you like seeing cars hitting each other and drivers barging each other out of the way then may I suggest you'd be better off going and watching at your local banger track, it's a far safer and cheaper way to get the same entertainment.
#32 - Jakg
Quote from ajp71 :You couldn't seriously run either TGP or Britcar at a meeting with BTCC being the headline event.

If they can run a full field of FIA GT Mc12's, F360's, Corvettes & Porches at Silverstone, and a full field of road-based 360's as "support events" for 3 WTCC sprint bumper-car races, then yes, BTCC could quite easily run TGP or Britcar, and chances are only BTCC would end up on TV
BTCC died in the late 90s when they used naff cars with naff drivers, and replaced driving standards and abilities with punting off anyone in front. My opinion.
#34 - mr_x
Quote from ajp71 :You probably aren't the typical person that BTCC is trying to appeal to though, I know quite a few people who have no interest in motor racing (except going to watch bangers) who like BTCC (and some who routinely go and watch) who certainly don't understand the concept of clean racing and like seeing contact and crashes. I think the fact that these people consider BTCC just another form of banger racing says it all. I'm not saying touring cars shouldn't be a legitimate form of motorsport just in this current guise you can't really call it true motorsport, if they did that kind of thing at other meetings they be permanently up before the clerk of the course and half of them would be banned. I had the pleasure of watching a days worth of clean and very close racing at Donington last week, far closer than the touring cars can race because drivers are able to trust each other in a days racing there were only two pieces of contact, only one of which ended somebodies race, every race I watched yesterday had either a red flag or multiple safety cars.

The question isn't whether you like BTCC it's would you rather see less contact? If you like seeing cars hitting each other and drivers barging each other out of the way then may I suggest you'd be better off going and watching at your local banger track, it's a far safer and cheaper way to get the same entertainment.

I must say what you presume the fans of the BTCC to be are completely wrong, I'd say more people watch F1, just because they're fast cars than people watch BTCC because of the aparent 'banger racing'. I go to Croft every year (have done since 97), and everybody seems to know a thing or 2 about touring cars, you can tell the people who are there just for the hell of it (mostly women dragged by their boyfriends/husbands etc.), or people dragged along by their mates.

Door rubbing is nothing new in motorsport (although it is to single seater fans), rubbin's racin' as they say. The BTCC provides great racing, overtaking. Not all drivers are angels but people

I've been a big fan of the BTCC since the late 90s... I'm guessing you're one of these people who says "the racing was far better in the 90s" Having seen footage from the early 90s, I'd honestly say they're much cleaner today.

Yesterday through the 3 BTCC races at Brands Hatch I saw 2 questionable moves, one by Matt Neal (although I may be biased, as I hate him) punting Chilton out of the way, and the other being Turner put into the gravel in race 3 which was more just a case of lots of cars going for 1 corner on the first lap.

Forgive me for nit picking a bit, but I am a very passionate fan of the BTCC and will defend it to the hills, but I do respect that some people don't like it, and for some reason respect the people who think F1 is everything
Maybe I was watching a different meeting to you but I saw several cars end up in gravel traps, retiring through contact and one that managed to get spun into the pit wall, each one of these incidents wasted racing time by causing yellow flags or safety car periods and reduced the field. None of these were unavoidable accidents, normally they involved both drivers being stupid and TBH if you don't see a major issue with this level of contact then my first statement probably does apply to you. Of course accidents happen in any series and paddock hill bend is a pretty horrible corner on the first lap but what was demonstrated yesterday was typical completely avoidable accidents with drivers deliberately banging wheels, that is not motor racing.

Whilst closed wheel cars can generally get away with accidental contact that occasionally happens in low speed corners making contact at high speed or deliberately is completely different, I watched in disbelief as the Ginettas deliberately barged into each other down the pit straight, don't forget we're talking speeds of over 100mph and concrete walls on either side here, apart from the fact they weren't both immediately black flagged the commentator said that it was great racing or something to that effect. Unfortunately this is going to lead to a nasty accident and sudden realisation that this kind of behaviour isn't safe, as has already started happening to the V8 Supercars, what'll happen as a result is either tracks and cars will be bastardised in order to make them 'safe' and the contact will continue as it is and closed wheel circuit racing will just become a rather pathetic form of glorified banger racing or some common sense will be used and they'll be a realisation that clean close racing is far better to watch as well as safer.
Quote from tristancliffe :BTCC died in the late 90s when they used naff cars with naff drivers, and replaced driving standards and abilities with punting off anyone in front. My opinion.

Your true there, Used to be 500BHP Ford Sierra's RS 500, That was the days, Shame there 2.0 260bhp or sumin Now
It's more like 270-300hp (I imagine the SEATs get this much in qualifying). And two litres is normal family car size (or slightly larger), and that is what touring cars should be.

I would say that the driving standards do have some issues, particularly referring to Mr Plato and Mr Neal.
Quote from ajp71 :Truth is they're all rich kids being bought a drive, they may get bought further drives and possibly could end up with a genuine paid drive in a second class series but karts and conventional single seaters are still the only route to proper top level motor racing..

Lol no there not If you put a 14 year old who can drive a kart and cant drive a car? I Was Karting for 4 years i got to 2nd in the south east Karting championship, Got me absolutly no where, Most pointless 4 years i wasted in my life!!
Karting Is nothing to do with motorsport its just a place to start at When ur young and u cant drive.

Single Seaters Is Pussy racing!! You think theres genuine drivers because there clean And Not aloud any contact Or there wheel gets ripped off.

Btw You dont need to be rich thats what A Sponser is for.

Whos Going Rockingham Next Meeting ?

So What if i had my dads Focus Rs Would that be able to race in Btcc ? :P
What an extraordinary statement. With the greatest respect the south eastern karting championship is hardly up there with the likes of Super 1, Stars Of Tomorrow, and the CIK Championships.

Without trying to be defensive but it is NO coincidence that the most successful drivers in history place HUGE value on karting. Senna spoke of how most of what he learnt in karting he used in F1... and Daniel Wheldon told me on the weekend of the Indy500 that he won that karting was as Senna put it 'the purist form of motorsport in the world'. I could hit you with many many many quotes from various top level drivers but I will save you the embarrassment.

If you feel you have the stature to stand up against the opinions of drivers like Senna/Schumacher/Hamilton etc.... in regards to the validity of karting... well... eerr... good luck!

and the BTCC is complete banditry.... but a good laugh to watch!

Sponsors only provide real money if they have guarantees of decent exposure, and to get in that position in the first place you need the MOOLAH! and where does that come from?????
I come 8th In Super 1 But i was a youngster about 9 i think :o
You will Only Get Picked up By Someone Big Only if your A Super star Like Lewis Hammilton Was, He Was In Cadets He Owned that! Then he went to Yamaha Class Owned that
Then he went into JICA'S and owned that!

But Watch out for these 2 Drivers Adam Christodoulou And Dan Osbourne, Adam Got Caught Cheating In Super 1 But he is Fast, Hes In His Second Year In Formula Renault And He Is Already winning,

Dan Hes Been fast From Day One, Hes got Lap Records For Most Karting Tracks, He was The Best Driver Ever In Honda Cadets (Lapped me when i was in 5th Place!)
Now Hes In TKM hes Doing Quite good So i would watch out for him!
Which Super 1, in what class, and what year?
Of course, if you start in karting, then you learn steering and pedals in karting, so it's fair to say he used skills in F1 he learnt in karting.

Then there is the mis-translation of the purest form quote. It's widely believed he meant simplist.

We're not questioning the validity of karting, we just know it's for 8 year olds to learn how to drive cars, so that they can drive cars (and save karting for mucking about in mostly).

Only karters use the term bandit. Nobody else knows what it means.

The sponsors. You have to convince them that WITH their moolah you can go somewhere, and they'll give you small amounts in advance to see if you go in the right direction, and then give you more as you get better. The sponsors know that to see people in a position to be sponsored fully they need some financial help.

Really, you surprise me how little you know.
Honda Cadets It was About 4 or 5 years a go
ive never heard of Dan Osbourne!

Have heard of Christo though, money talks!
Dans a future Legend

http://www.mylaps.com/search/a ... dan%20Batts&subject=6 BTW I got disqualified On my last Race Because i head Butted some Dick And Lost Championship Because of him!

My Old Results I dunno if Super 1 Is On there Check
Quote from Jordan2007 :Honda Cadets It was About 4 or 5 years a go

With the greatest respect, and as much as Honda Cadet is a good little class it hardly represents the top level of karting for a Cadet driver That is Comer( which is the actual MSA British Cadet Kart Championship. can't remember when S1 lost those rights to stars tho.) Cadet where the likes of Oli Rowland, Jenkins, and just about every decent British driver in the last 20 years competed in.

I feel genuinely sorry you didn't benefit from karting as much as you should have... but come down to a club meet or something.... you know you want to !
Well if you believe that karting is just learning pedals tristan why don't you donate you race car to one of my fellow karters then and see fast they are compared to you within a day or two? I am sure you could return the favour to someone who let you use their race vehicle do you have the balls?

and by the way tristan. Having a look at your onboard video's in the wet at rockingham try not to load the car on the dry line. There's isn't any grip there. You lose the car mid corner and it's costing you time. Go right round the outside if you have to. Snap steer to induce some alonso style understeer if you have to scrub speed. But what do I know. I am just a karter! you don't learn that much in karting!!! lmao lolol
Quote from Jordan2007 :Lol no there not If you put a 14 year old who can drive a kart and cant drive a car? I Was Karting for 4 years i got to 2nd in the south east Karting championship, Got me absolutly no where, Most pointless 4 years i wasted in my life!!
Karting Is nothing to do with motorsport its just a place to start at When ur young and u cant drive.

If you were very good at it (by nature most who try won't be) and lucky enough to get spotted and put on track to get considered for a drive then you'd be on the only real route into professional motorsport. I'm afraid to say that junior car championships are just club racing, they're only their so if your parents can afford it you can go club racing, they won't get you anywhere no matter how well you do in them.

Quote :
Single Seaters Is Pussy racing!! You think theres genuine drivers because there clean And Not aloud any contact Or there wheel gets ripped off.

Motor racing is a non-contact sport. If that's going to be your attitude don't bother getting Daddy to buy you a Saxmax because I guarantee you you'll have your license removed and you might also like to note you'll have to behave like an adult, the 750MC has banned people for threatening behaviour in the paddock (so you can forget about going round head butting people).

Quote :
Btw You dont need to be rich thats what A Sponser is for.

Who is seriously going to sponsor you to put a Ginetta in a gravel trap that might be seen on ITV4, most low level racing sponsorship has very little or sometimes even no financial support, instead a sponsor can offer free stuff and the potential of future ties and sponsorship in the future if your successful or a source of motivation for club racers.

Quote :
So What if i had my dads Focus Rs Would that be able to race in Btcc ? :P

I wonder if you're being serious

I'm afraid to say with your grasp of karting, motor racing and the English language you should give up any aspirations of being paid to drive.
Quote from Intrepid :Well if you believe that karting is just learning pedals tristan why don't you donate you race car to one of my fellow karters then and see fast they are compared to you within a day or two? I am sure you could return the favour to someone who let you use their race vehicle do you have the balls?

I would never let a karter near any racing car I was lucky enough to own. For starters you've got the issue of ridiculous over confidence, a lot of people new to cars get into big smashes, sometimes on their first few laps because they have no idea of what they're doing and a lot more drive fast but drive beyond their limits, they're often a problem in single seater racing because they can normally qualify quite well but are unable to race cleanly and often spin out in front of cars.

Then you've got the bigger issue of a complete lack of mechanical sympathy, a lot of over confident drivers are very hard on cars, a single missed gear change in a light revving engine, which isn't hard to do, will bend valves and potentially damage pistons. Single seaters will also not take kindly to all kerbs, clipping the wrong kerb too hard will result suspension failure. Added to that it's very easy too rev too hard or down change too early and older single seaters like Tristan's require heel and toeing.

I think it's safe to say any karter with no previous track experience in cars would still be at the back of the grid in a front running car after their first test session and race meeting, they'd find it easier to find the line than most novice racers but they'd still spend most of their time struggling to get to grips with the complications of a car and their confidence may prove to be their downfall as any mistake in a single seater costs you big time.
ajp u seem quite knowledgable on karting, so as u might know, a small minority of us karters ARE mechanically sympathetic (the better ones normally) with smoothness being the priority!

but i think we can all agree ajp, tristan and alan, that there are alot of egotistical over confident karters who wont listen to anyone around but there are ALOT of untalented rich boys who cant drive in cars aswell.

i can heel and toe

British Touring Cars
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG