The online racing simulator
Super Aguri?
(11 posts, started )
Super Aguri?
What do you think about this new F1 team? If it actually makes it to the start grid... Using those old 2002 Arrows cars they can expect to be lapped three times in a race! And if Takuma Sato is their no. 1 driver they need to have many many mechanics with fast fingers and lots of imagination

Maybe I should write little more positively about this... But do they have even chances to be at least that what Minardi was?
They wont beat em if Torro Rosso is allowed to drive with a downtuned V10.
If the rules dont change RedBull team#2 will win the championship

Midland did run a new toyota V8 against a old restricted V10. The V10 was still 70-80 hp stronger....

Will B an intresting season
i hope red bull # 2 wins oh yes i can see it now. scott speed world champion.
#4 - ekze
It will be not the same Arrows as it was in 2002, of course. It will be a little "patched"
And i think Aguri won't have any chance to compete with Toro Rosso or even go in 107%... illepall
If this team will participate in season 2006 it will be just stupid joke, but it will be funny, I bet :uglyhamme
I reckon that, sadly, they'll be something of a laughing stock. Even this year's V10 cars were going so much faster than the cars of three or four years ago which Super Aguri are using that it'll worse than comical. Sure, if they've got the restricted V10s that will help them, but the aerodynamics will be years behind.

Which is a shame, because in this era of F1 being little more than a megabucks showcase for multinational car corporations to try and prove themselves, with few independent teams remaining and every last thing being optimised for business or political reasons, it'd be nice to see a rather more genuine team do well. After all Super Aguri don't have cars to sell or a certain "brand image" to project, etc. The reason they're there is simply to go as fast as they can and nothing more, which is reason enough to encourage them imho.
Bring on David Richards and his Prodrive f1 team.

look how BAR lost their way after he was dumped by honda....illepall ...serves them bloody right!!!
#7 - Noccy
My guess is they will launch a new car halfway(or a bit later) through the season.
And i wont be surprised if it looks exactly the same as the '05 honda, which would make them alot faster then midland
#8 - ajp71
The Midland (last years Jordan) will be the only rival, assuming the car has actually been extensively redeveloped (anyone who didn't do this would be mad) the Torro Rosso, is not the former Minardi car, instead they'll use Red Bull's car from last year. Red Bull only bought the Minardi team for about £4 million pounds to save the £30 million pound charge for a new team entering F1, which IMO is ridiculous.
#9 - MR_B
That's what I call a bargain! (In F1 terms obviously :P)
I personally don't think Midland should be in F1, they're just another team to make up the numbers... Prodrive should take it.
Also, Liuzzi said on the ITV-f1 website that he's going for podiums in 2006! What the hell? Minardi had some great staff but still....

Mind you, I Admire his optimism.
The Torro Rosso outlet could be in the points (dobut podiums) as it is using the Red Bull cars from last year, which were only a bit off the top teams. Ignore the fact that Minardi ever existed, they have nothing to do with the new team. In fact most of the Minardi stock had already been sold off before Red Bull bought the team.
It is extremely humorous for us Greeks when we hear the name of this new team.

Wanna know why?

"Aguri" (Αγγούρι) in greek means ....

cucumber

Can't wait for the commentators saying something along the lines of... "And the super cucumber takes the lead..."

Super Aguri?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG