The online racing simulator
Stupid answers.
(26 posts, started )
Stupid answers.
I'm not the biggest poster in this forum, but I am simply afraid......
If u post a thread that already been asked about you get pwn so bad..... What's up with that... Many people in this forum is anti mod people, some of them aren't. But why can't we talk normal and kind to other people... I guess my point to this thread is :

If u ain't got nothing good, nice or constructive to say- THEN DONT..
Quite simple...

I'm not not pointing at any one... Just requesting a nice form of answers...
The thing is that some of us ARE anti-mod (probably because we've seen what happens to other sims with mods) and some of ARE pro-mod (for whatever reason).

But both parties have seen the suggestions hundreds of times before now - every discussion possible on the subject has been had. If Scawen is going to add modding, there is nothing we can do about now - he's had the suggestion, he'll have read the fors and against, and I'd wager he's already decided if LFS will ever see modding or not to some degree.

The same goes for tyre smoke, drift cars, real cars, real tracks and all sorts of things that get posted on a weekly basis, even though the auto search could have given them every answer they ever wanted.
Is he talking anti - modifications or anti - moderators I can read it both ways

Alot of how you are recieved on the forums is how you ask questions or state things. If your stance is one of unbias position, true inquiry or opinion stated with an open mind you are generally well recieved. If your tone is confronting or demanding your often not. Simple really same as face to face meetings in rl With the added complexity of not being able to see facial expressions or bady language, so you have to make extra effort to illustrate what you are trying to say as many people will read it differently, like above
Lol
I'm just talking about general behavier in forums... Yes I like mods like tweak, because they let me adjust the things I can't mess around with in game. But I also enjoy the realisme in lfs and I think its getting better in every patch....
Yes most of the threads I read r locateded in the "mods" section....

And yes tristancliffe u r right... If scawen wanna go in one direction u can follow him or leave. There not much u can do about that.... Its up to him to develope the game further...

I can also agree with Glenn about when u write in a forum, you have to make extra effort to illustrate what you are trying to say as many people will read it differently . But I think that it is important to just think twice before writting something that could be offensive to other people. Maybe just turn it around to see the message from that other fellows side of the table. How would you react in this forum/real life?
Ever seen a cat behind a window tease a dog? That's the syndrome we have on forums
Quote from Glenn67 :Ever seen a cat behind a window tease a dog? That's the syndrome we have on forums

Lol many times... I guess your right... But sometimes I think that cat teases to much and the dog breakes through the window and start fighting. I just think in leads to nothing and most of the time the they end up pointin fingers at each other like a pair of small children...
It's natural though, let things run their course
Is it natural ???? Hmmmm, Maybe for some people it is a natural to be an ass, but they don't have to act like one.... I'm the first to say that I can shake my head at some of theese thread, and get to the point where I have been writting a filthy answer. But then just before I press the post button... I think about what I have written. And delete it...
Again there is no point not talking a bit more civilized in here. Just a thought...
All I can say is, I don't really agree with people getting flamed for it as bad as they do sometimes...

...but sometimes it's a lot of fun to flame them hell out of them. 'Specially when you're in a really bad mood.
Quote from cbsalkvist :I'm not the biggest poster in this forum, but I am simply afraid......
If u post a thread that already been asked about you get pwn so bad..... What's up with that... Many people in this forum is anti mod people, some of them aren't. But why can't we talk normal and kind to other people... I guess my point to this thread is :

Quite simple...

I'm not not pointing at any one... Just requesting a nice form of answers...

I noticed your join date and post count close to mine,I know exactly where your coming from.
#12 - DeMS
Quote from cbsalkvist :Is it natural ???? Hmmmm, Maybe for some people it is a natural to be an ass, but they don't have to act like one.... I'm the first to say that I can shake my head at some of theese thread, and get to the point where I have been writting a filthy answer. But then just before I press the post button... I think about what I have written. And delete it...
Again there is no point not talking a bit more civilized in here. Just a thought...

Some people does indeed have a tendency to let their nerves break loose (a more elegant way of describing the attitude you defined with your three-letter word ) when there's something written that makes them lose their time on something that is not interesting to them, either because is written in a way that is not respectful enough (to the community, to the developers, to the moderators...) or by not making the small effort to search if their question or suggestion has been posted before.

It's a case of 'today for me, tomorrow for you', and it's a golden rule on pretty much every forum, so you don't get called troll or some other word to describe this attitude. If you make browsing the forum better (or not worse) for other people, they will answer you nice enough and have no trouble at all. But if you make them lose their time over the same subject that they've read and answered politely about ten times before, they are going to be angry, just as much as demanding things that already exist (albeit in other games that would suit the thread starter better).

All in all, it's about humans and the hard time they have sharing their world with other people of their same species.

You know what annoys you, so if you don't want people to get upset at you, don't do that. Then, learn what they don't want and you will have a healthy atmosphere.

Edit:
Quote from cbsalkvist :I'm not the biggest poster in this forum, but I guess my point to this thread is :

Quite simple...

Yes, but this should also apply to people who starts threads, which is the part that most people who is either new to forums or new to this community doesn't understand.

It's not only answers that must be constructive, good or nice, it's also new threads.
:up: Good point!

I guess the best way to avoid a smart-ass answer is to ask a relevant question, suggest something new, use constructive criticism and, most importantly, make sure that whatever you're saying hasn't already been asked, answered and discussed to death already e.g. improvement suggestions regarding tuning, body kits, drift/touge tracks, real-life cars, console ports, free-roam cities, giant squid etc.

You can never guarantee a polite response from people online, especially frequent forum-dwellers (!), but taking a few seconds to think before hitting "post" will avoid the worst of it.

Really, it's for the poster's own good! Of course noone wants to be flamed, but (for example) asking for the Nordschleife or the AE86 in a popular racing game that's five years old - and thinking you're the first person to have thought of it - is a great way to get it done.
People tend to point out reposts and what not because its almost an internet joke at this point.

Its a prime example of taking the internet to seriously. I'm not saying its proper to disregard everyone feelings on the internet, but seriously:
" I'm not the biggest poster in this forum, but I am simply afraid......
If u post a thread that already been asked about you get pwn so bad."

You would not post because your afraid of getting "pwnt" so bad? What is the worst they can do to you? What weight do any of their criticism have being that they do not even know you? How could you take that to heart?

This has to be one of the nicer forums Ive seen. Most you will get is the endless train of "this is a repost" and even then...So? Is it unessisary? yeah a little but it entertains us. What harm comes from a repost? We know that, we don't care its a little joke.

Making a repost, or asking a common question is such an insignificant mistake, how could you place any more importance on the criticisms for it.

So they tell you to search, oh well shoulda done that, I will next time... and move right along.
I point out reposts all the time, but I still try to post a helpful message rather than just flaming someone. I mean if this is the first forum they've ever been on they have an excuse for not searching.

My biggest problem is people who create useless topic subjects. You go "Well" in the title and then repost something, you deserve a slap. The topic should be what the post is about, and that's how the auto-search thing works. If everyone went by the rules we wouldn't have reposts.

Some guys here can be harsh, but you do learn not to take it personally. In fact people like TAA and Tristan have reputations to keep up now, so they'll flame you just for the hell of it
I've noticed that the aggressiveness modifier is changed based on the phrasing and spelling in a post as well even if it has been mentioned before.

"I wud lik to c more smoke n damage 2!!! u???"

is usually less well received than

"I think it'd be nice if there was more tyre smoke and the damage model was more detailed."

Also it varies depending on who'll respond to it first - the first response can carry on. If you get some angsty teenager or Ian H responding to it first it'll likely have a rude and uncalled for edge to it - even though it might be laced in some attempt to humor or maybe a burning banana and any other emoticon or two.

Then, for better of for worse, you get the "join date & has license" factor and the "frequency of similar posts" factor.

Regardless of all of the above crap - I agree that aggressive responses are quite common in gaming forums and that's sort of ironic IMO as games are supposed to lighten people up.
Just don't take it personally, i've never seen a flamed thread or a flamed post towards some reasonable and polite poster..
As xaotik said, if you post in irritating and unpolite manner such as "idot's wHy no More XRT in the demo? wtf!!?!11" you gotta flame posts like that or they will keep on posting that stuff again.. People for sure learn from that, when dozens of people flame them and get pissed cause of their post, they will see the mistake they made and they'll probably be more polite and understandable next time..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Just don't take it personally, i've never seen a flamed thread or a flamed post towards some reasonable and polite poster..
As xaotik said, if you post in irritating and unpolite manner such as "idot's wHy no More XRT in the demo? wtf!!?!11" you gotta flame posts like that or they will keep on posting that stuff again.. People for sure learn from that, when dozens of people flame them and get pissed cause of their post, they will see the mistake they made and they'll probably be more polite and understandable next time..

I have seen many of them. Especially if you state your matter of taste towards something that is indeed related to LFS but not directly related to racing such as drifting or cruising. I also remember the time where you couldn't dare to mention that you have anything to do with the oval <insert creepy music here>. People tend to think that their own matter of taste is the law and everything else is just a waste of time or even worse. This was always the most annoying thing for me in this forum and probably always will be. Im just sorry for those that limit themselves because of some common mainstream attitudes while thinking of it of some sort of support but ironically it counteracts the idea of an community completely.

Apart from all this there are indeed some very good things on this forum. People help eachother in many ways or try to figure things out together no matter how difficult or complex it seams to be in first place.
Quote from 510N3D :I have seen many of them. Especially if you state your matter of taste towards something that is indeed related to LFS but not directly related to racing such as drifting or cruising. I also remember the time where you couldn't dare to mention that you have anything to do with the oval <insert creepy music here>. People tend to think that their own matter of taste is the law and everything else is just a waste of time or even worse. This was always the most annoying thing for me in this forum and probably always will be. Im just sorry for those that limit themselves because of some common mainstream attitudes while thinking of it of some sort of support but ironically it counteracts the idea of an community completely.

Apart from all this there are indeed some very good things on this forum. People help eachother in many ways or try to figure things out together no matter how difficult or complex it seams to be in first place.

Meh, 98 % of drifting and cruising threads are iritating, i can understand the anger as it makes me angry too
People are having problems in life, at work etc.. so they let off some steam via forum, flaming ridicolous and stupid threads, as i said, people shouldn't take that personaly and they should be more cautious and more smart when starting a new thread and everything will be peachy..
ok, while i do agree on the 98% and the quality of most of those threads i was mainly referring to the remaining 2% which are mostly having an actual and reasonable background. There, every now and then the same trolls appear while working with the same absurd comments.

Anyway, bottom line is that i just cant stand it when things are beeing downplayed just like i cant stand it when things are beeing overstated.
Quote from 510N3D :
People tend to think that their own matter of taste is the law and everything else is just a waste of time or even worse.
Im just sorry for those that limit themselves because of some common mainstream attitudes while thinking of it of some sort of support but ironically it counteracts the idea of an community completely ...

That's spot on. Until peple don't realize that forcing their own stlye/opinion on the others , and not listening to others' opinion with respect (and answering them with the same respect,too) is not the way to go, there is little that you can do to change the situation. Imho, people live faster and faster every day, and they don't care to think about some way's of life ( I mean some philosophy 'n stuff , just thinking about the sole reason of our existence, about our attitude to life and people, about our acts, some self criticism, etc.).
Quote from MataGyula :That's spot on. Until peple don't realize that forcing their own stlye/opinion on the others , and not listening to others' opinion with respect (and answering them with the same respect,too) is not the way to go, there is little that you can do to change the situation. Imho, people live faster and faster every day, and they don't care to think about some way's of life ( I mean some philosophy 'n stuff , just thinking about the sole reason of our existence, about our attitude to life and people, about our acts, some self criticism, etc.).

First of all let me thank everybody for reading and debating this thread..

510N3D & MataGyula... I totally agree with you..
To DeMS... Your right to. If people started better treads ( And didn't repost, because they used the search button ) we woulnd't get as many "stupid answers"..

Is there any solution to this problem. Maybe the answers is to lock out "demo users". Another way could be that if the moderators spot a thread thats been asked about before (ex. about when tweak for y is released. )and delete them, and answer the threadmaker through a pm. Maybe if u flame the dude he don't wanna post anything in here again.
Look at it from his point of view:
He starts a tread (a repost)... There is 10 answers. 9 of the are flamers. Only 1 are constructive....
There is a big chance he will say, f..k them. If 9 out of 10 are that way I don't want join this forum.. What if he in some way could have contributed to something good for lfs in the future...
Maybe this is one the nicest forums, but why not make it better...
Locking out users just because of their licence status ( demo ,that is ) would be quite unfair and it'd certainly scare away a few of the future buyers of LFS. I think the moderators will be able to handle all the newcomers with perhaps more strict rules about creating new threads - some kind of warn system maybe. You can't really hold off the less experienced forumers ,because as LFS gets more and more attention so does the number of new members increase.
Quote from MataGyula :Locking out users just because of their licence status ( demo ,that is ) would be quite unfair and it'd certainly scare away a few of the future buyers of LFS. I think the moderators will be able to handle all the newcomers with perhaps more strict rules about creating new threads - some kind of warn system maybe. You can't really hold off the less experienced forumers ,because as LFS gets more and more attention so does the number of new members increase.

You are right... I also don't think the solutiob is to exclude demos.
Maybe the moderators should aprove new threads before they got posted. That would solve the problem of repost...
Let's see if Bob Smith comments this thread It could be fun to hear what he has to say on this subject.
Quote from cbsalkvist :Maybe the moderators should aprove new threads before they got posted. That would solve the problem of repost...

The only way that would be feasable is with about another 100 moderators

Stupid answers.
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG