The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
The Broadcast
Basically, our attempts to secure game-TV live broadcasting (for the 250 at least) have failed. (Thanks to TFalke55 for helping me with this e.t.c)

We're now looking at putting on a post-race replay, using the fabulous inlays that TFalke55 has made (cheers again!)

Please, in this thread, post your views/willingness to help (in any way)/suggestions e.t.c

Thanks
Maybe SPEED Channel will show it?
i dont think they would enless you paid like 1mil or somthing like that lol.
Quote from mutt107 :i dont think they would enless you paid like 1mil or somthing like that lol.

Maybe they'd drop it to half a million if you put banners of them all over the track and force huge publicity on everyones skins :P
hahaha guys it was a joke.
Erm, Yes. And we were continuing the joke. :P Not like anyone would even wanna pay that much lol.
Plus even if we asked for it to be a kinda publicity they'd prolly want THE best league in LFS with the best racing. Not beginers league :P
I think thats why game-tv refused aswell...
Quote from J@tko :
We're now looking at putting on a post-race replay, using the fabulous inlays that TFalke55 has made (cheers again!)

Please, in this thread, post your views/willingness to help (in any way)/suggestions e.t.c

Thanks

Wait, will the post replays be in "professional" format? You know, something like an STCC broadcast?
Have you guys talked to RaceLM?

I also believe that SQUISH over at simmotorsports.com knows how to do it (Only, yes - It'll cost some money, he runs an epic amount of leagues over there)

Just throwing out ideas here...
I won't continue joking. I think we have to get this stuff clear (bolded text, behind is my own opinion or ideas for it):
  1. Real Names or Nick Names: If we decide to use real names we could either make a list of it, and give this list the editor, or we use real names during the race. Personally I like real names more. And if someone has his spotter (e.g. on LFSRemote), it would be nice to name them as well.
  2. Managing the data: We need someone who can host this giant movie. To make it not too big (the final version) we should cut out the cautions, like, somekind of commercial break, it also would give the commentators a short break (i mean three hours commentating!)
  3. Commentary: We need at least one commentator for each language we support. The best would be to have native speakers. I could do the German commentary, but I do not know how nice I listen for other people. Also in this context, it would be great to get some "break points"
  4. Intro: As some said, they could do an introductory movie, I'd suggest everyone who has something like that to upload it to youtube.com or LFSvideo.net sothat we could make a poll which one is the best. (Maybe upload deadline could be the Race Day, one hour before qualifing)
  5. Introductory Part: On my mind, it should include a brief summary of the rules, the "history" and the qualifing. Also some drivers could be pointed out or interviewed to present the track, the car and so on. A smooth beginning would be good.
  6. After Race: As we only playing some computergames (point of view of non-LFS racers), and as it is not a LAN event, we cannot show the audiance a winner ceremonie. But it could concern a short highlight video (max 1min) the final results and an advertising video for the Kyoto 500. Then the Intro again, and everyone who was taking part in this project. That would be a fine end to me.
so now discuss it
Well, people did the MoE 24 hour race. I am not sure how long they did and then switched off (or was it one person?) but it was surely more than 3 hours
Quote from TFalke55 : I won't continue joking. I think we have to get this stuff clear (bolded text, behind is my own opinion or ideas for it):
  • Real Names or Nick Names: If we decide to use real names we could either make a list of it, and give this list the editor, or we use real names during the race. Personally I like real names more. And if someone has his spotter (e.g. on LFSRemote), it would be nice to name them as well.
  • Managing the data: We need someone who can host this giant movie. To make it not too big (the final version) we should cut out the cautions, like, somekind of commercial break, it also would give the commentators a short break (i mean three hours commentating!)
  • Commentary: We need at least one commentator for each language we support. The best would be to have native speakers. I could do the German commentary, but I do not know how nice I listen for other people. Also in this context, it would be great to get some "break points"
  • Intro: As some said, they could do an introductory movie, I'd suggest everyone who has something like that to upload it to youtube.com or LFSvideo.net sothat we could make a poll which one is the best. (Maybe upload deadline could be the Race Day, one hour before qualifing)
  • Introductory Part: On my mind, it should include a brief summary of the rules, the "history" and the qualifing. Also some drivers could be pointed out or interviewed to present the track, the car and so on. A smooth beginning would be good.
  • After Race: As we only playing some computergames (point of view of non-LFS racers), and as it is not a LAN event, we cannot show the audiance a winner ceremonie. But it could concern a short highlight video (max 1min) the final results and an advertising video for the Kyoto 500. Then the Intro again, and everyone who was taking part in this project. That would be a fine end to me.
so now discuss it
  • I think real names would be better, we asked for real names for the LFSBC, so I don't see why we shouldn't for this
  • Commercial breaks would be a good Idea, or you could record the commentary in seperate chunks.
  • I will discuss later with J@tko what languages we 'support'
  • Good Idea
  • Remember to interview the Safety Car driver
  • Well, like they do In football (god help us :schwitz, it could include commentator(s) discussing various events that happened during the race (or match, for that matter). With slow motion replays
Quote from racer hero :Well, people did the MoE 24 hour race. I am not sure how long they did and then switched off (or was it one person?) but it was surely more than 3 hours

game-tv made a 24h MoE broadcast of the race. They began 15min before start. But ther was a server chrash after 1h. The race was restarted. It was the live broadcast of game-tv commentated by Michael Radmer. He managed it all from his PC. (One person). He used LFS TvDirector.

Quote from LFSn00b :I will be making the broadcast out of replay, but all i need is commentary from someone else

You surely coud do the broadcast. But it would be good to discuss all the things first of all and have them all agreed, sothat you know what work you will have to do.

btw: I realised that my list wasn't good. I changed it to a numbered list, sothat we can talk about it by giving the numbers.
Quote from TFalke55 : I won't continue joking. I think we have to get this stuff clear (bolded text, behind is my own opinion or ideas for it):
  1. Real Names or Nick Names: If we decide to use real names we could either make a list of it, and give this list the editor, or we use real names during the race. Personally I like real names more. And if someone has his spotter (e.g. on LFSRemote), it would be nice to name them as well.
  2. Managing the data: We need someone who can host this giant movie. To make it not too big (the final version) we should cut out the cautions, like, somekind of commercial break, it also would give the commentators a short break (i mean three hours commentating!)
  3. Commentary: We need at least one commentator for each language we support. The best would be to have native speakers. I could do the German commentary, but I do not know how nice I listen for other people. Also in this context, it would be great to get some "break points"
  4. Intro: As some said, they could do an introductory movie, I'd suggest everyone who has something like that to upload it to youtube.com or LFSvideo.net sothat we could make a poll which one is the best. (Maybe upload deadline could be the Race Day, one hour before qualifing)
  5. Introductory Part: On my mind, it should include a brief summary of the rules, the "history" and the qualifing. Also some drivers could be pointed out or interviewed to present the track, the car and so on. A smooth beginning would be good.
  6. After Race: As we only playing some computergames (point of view of non-LFS racers), and as it is not a LAN event, we cannot show the audiance a winner ceremonie. But it could concern a short highlight video (max 1min) the final results and an advertising video for the Kyoto 500. Then the Intro again, and everyone who was taking part in this project. That would be a fine end to me.
so now discuss it

All of these are great ideas and should really be considered. I especially like the real names section (makes it seem more professional). I just hope that we get cooperation (in showing up to the race and giving their real name)
Quote from lizardfolk :All of these are great ideas and should really be considered. I especially like the real names section (makes it seem more professional). I just hope that we get cooperation (in showing up to the race and giving their real name)

If we need real names, we will be sure to get them before race day
Quote from JO53PHS :If we need real names, we will be sure to get them before race day

Do we actually need them pre-race day? We could ask everyone to submit their names after the race, seeing as the name putting-in will be post race.
Quote from J@tko :Do we actually need them pre-race day? We could ask everyone to submit their names after the race, seeing as the name putting-in will be post race.

Yeah, whatever
Will all the things that TFalke55 listed down be in the broadcast? A STCC similar broadcast?

Might I suggest a ticker (that scrolling bar that shows everyone's current positions) during the race broadcast? Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... zh_ts&feature=related

And a giant field/lineup summary similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... onFlU&feature=related

As for the intro, I've always loved the IndyCar intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWL5QyoCr0A Something similar would be awesome

Edit: This is all after post race of course
Quote from lizardfolk :Will all the things that TFalke55 listed down be in the broadcast? A STCC similar broadcast?

Well the things I listed up were just my ideas, summed up under these 6 categories.
Quote from lizardfolk :Might I suggest a ticker (that scrolling bar that shows everyone's current positions) during the race broadcast? Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... zh_ts&feature=related

If you watch my preview of the Inlay pack, (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=737674#post737674) you will see that I thought about it, and had a solution (That are the coulors of the public version in this vid). The problem is that you cannot simulate a rolling Information bar by using Paint Shop Pro, or, at least I cannot simulate it.
Quote from lizardfolk :And a giant field/lineup summary similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... onFlU&feature=related

That's a very nice idea. As we have 8 laps behind SC at the beginning, we will surely have enough time for something like that. I'll add this to the Inlaypack as soon as possible.
Quote from lizardfolk :As for the intro, I've always loved the IndyCar intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWL5QyoCr0A Something similar would be awesome

Yeah it's cool. Let's wait what we will have as Intro
Quote from lizardfolk :Edit: This is all after post race of course

Of course I don't think that Niko have the newes TV broadcast technologie at home, sothat he could stream it live
I might be able to help. I have Adobe Premier Pro CS3 and Adobe After Effect. I just got it recently so I dont know their full power but if you need any help I might be able to
Quote from lizardfolk :Will all the things that TFalke55 listed down be in the broadcast? A STCC similar broadcast?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ?goto=newpost&t=40435

Well... it might be a bit of advertising as well, but that's the raw idea I had. This list I made was primarly to avoid that commentators or upload space are missing. When I've done that broadcast I've had this problems. Uploadspace was difficult to find. When I found it the commentator got lost. That's why I want these things to be cleared before the race takes place.

One thing I completely forgot about the commentator: I prefer that he/she is not involved in racing this race. I mean first you see the guys racing and afterwads you hear one of them speaking. That's kind of crazy.

Quote from lizardfolk :I might be able to help. I have Adobe Premier Pro CS3 and Adobe After Effect. I just got it recently so I dont know their full power but if you need any help I might be able to

This is awsome. But in fact, you sould speak with Niko aka LFSn00b about this. He is the one doing the broadcast.

I would have applied to do the broadcast here my self, if I had time. Therefore I'm applying for the Kyoto 500 to do the post race broadcast
well.. might be a challenge worth taking.
As i know quite a bit of Oval racing in LFS (being a member of an oval team, and mostly driving oval, and all.) , i think I could do the commentary if I get the full and compiled broadcast.
(Then again, it would be pretty awesome to do a live commentary. Have to consult with Mr Radmer about it )

Another option is doing the commentary WITH LFSN00b. Don't know how, though.

(Im not so keen on entering a beginners league on the oval. I know what can go wrong, and what will go wrong. Will see.)

Will see how this works out.
is this still happening?
I am willing to edit the raw footage if someone with time and money for FRAPS or whatever woudl be willing to capture the race. I'll set you up with an FTP account on my org's server (which I am in charge of...I have 348 GB free space, so that's no issue) and I'll edit on the graphics and such

d
Quote from dekojester :I am willing to edit the raw footage if someone with time and money for FRAPS or whatever woudl be willing to capture the race. I'll set you up with an FTP account on my org's server (which I am in charge of...I have 348 GB free space, so that's no issue) and I'll edit on the graphics and such

d

Cool

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG