The online racing simulator
Hot Lap Hall of Fame
(8 posts, started )
Hot Lap Hall of Fame
I think since the update to Patch Y and the extensive complaints about world records changing and blah blah, that it would be a good idea to simply include a Hotlap Hall of Fame where users could simply look at the WR times for certain tracks on certain patches. I realize that this would not help the fact that some of their e-fame has diminished, but I think the racers that are truly dedicated to getting a WR would like the fact that they can still race on an old patch and reference the WRs from previous versions. I mean honestly if they care that much, the personal satisfaction from breaking the WR they were previously working towards should outweigh the e-fame benefits (if there are any).
I think Victor once said that those information are already stored somewhere, just not publically available.

I'm indifferent towards this but it probably would be good for the people who care about hotlaps.
Yeah, at some point the history of the hotlap charts will likely be available from what's been said. I wonder if they'll also include someone who's famous for cheating in almost all the SO hotlaps.
#4 - Spils
Quote from xaotik :Yeah, at some point the history of the hotlap charts will likely be available from what's been said. I wonder if they'll also include someone who's famous for cheating in almost all the SO hotlaps.

? do tell, im not around here much and have no idea who your unabout
#5 - HVS5b
Quote from zeugnimod :I think Victor once said that those information are already stored somewhere, just not publically available.

I'm indifferent towards this but it probably would be good for the people who care about hotlaps.

Well my apologies if this has already been suggested I just thought it was a simple solution to the people that have been ranting about wasting their time if their records will be deleted.
#7 - HVS5b
Quote from x2infamous :Well my apologies if this has already been suggested I just thought it was a simple solution to the people that have been ranting about wasting their time if their records will be deleted.

No apologies required

HL records are always deleted on release of an incompatible physics related patch. It's nothing new and something that surely serious holappers are aware of, and accept.

Personally, I don't much see the point of having the old records saved for anything other than posterity. But it might be nice to see how the best times have evolved alongside the game, and give kudos to those who left their mark

ps - who's been ranting?

Hot Lap Hall of Fame
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG