The online racing simulator
Round 6 Penalties and Results
You know the drill.

Results coming soon.

Post requests for inquiries here.

d
Attached files
Results_Race.pdf - 33 KB - 243 views
I know someones going to report this but theres a very good reason.

During SC laps in race 2, Garally was taking his time and was REALLY far from the rest of the pack. No cars were even close yet he was going sloooooowly. Therefore Juuretis and I passed him to join the rest of the field.

Btw good race in first one
#3 - Stan
One incident in each race to report.

Race 1 - Lap 3, exiting T1, Konata spun me around and to add insult to injury, took off, not waiting for me to go ahead of him.

Race 2 - Lap 8, entering T2 (the left hander), Mutt took us both out. I went from 6th to 10th! :weeping:
I went from 6th to last in Race 2, but I can't recall what happened. So I'll pass judgement until the replay is up

EDIT: Meh, I can't really see anything...I still don't know why I went that far down...I must have been asleep
I will be investigating the Lap 4, Turn 1 incident of Race 1 involving TAYLOR-MANIA and hyntty, among others.

d
Quote from evilpimp :I know someones going to report this but theres a very good reason.

During SC laps in race 2, Garally was taking his time and was REALLY far from the rest of the pack. No cars were even close yet he was going sloooooowly. Therefore Juuretis and I passed him to join the rest of the field.

Btw good race in first one

These overtakes are deemed legal because Garally was not maintiaining Safety Car pace.

d
Quote :Race 1 - Lap 3, exiting T1, Konata spun me around and to add insult to injury, took off, not waiting for me to go ahead of him.

Konata pushed harder than needed, and did not have overlap on corner entry. Caused an avoidable incident. 15-second time penalty.

Quote :Race 2 - Lap 8, entering T2 (the left hander), Mutt took us both out. I went from 6th to 10th! :weeping:

Mutt did not have overlap, and put two wheels into the grass, causing him to lose control. Better judgement would have had him wait until the next corner to try the maneuver. 15-second time penalty.
Quote from dekojester :I will be investigating the Lap 4, Turn 1 incident of Race 1 involving TAYLOR-MANIA and hyntty, among others.

On the approach to Turn 1, on the 4th Lap, Taylor had a run on HynTTy via the draft. Taylor pulled to the left, and at the slight left bend, both cars turned for the bend. hyntty was holding his line, Taylor went wide and made no extra effort (from what was seen of steering input) to avoid the collision.

Taylor-Mania caused an avoidable incident. 15-second time penalty.

Juuretis ran into the back of hyntty as the incident occured. No penalties for this contact.

d
Well, for starters I admit the first manouvers were a little unfair - as you slid to the grass I lifted the throttle to let you go first (presuming you'd get back on track).

In the final corner I did no move whatsoever that was somehow against normal behaviour. I don't know what possessed you to give me room there, but I was only checking out if there was enough space to overtake (and there were). I didn't try to squeeze in there, only to say: "hey, I'm here and looking for an opportunity."

What comes to the actual crash, you're wrong. There was sufficiently room for you. To prove that, I took two screenshots, just before and at the moment of the crash. I set the normal racing line visible, so you'll definately see how far you're from it.
Attached images
ta1.JPG
ta2.JPG
TBH, I think that should be seen as a racing incident as they both were holding their line but hyntty squeezed in on taylor a bit to much and it went so fast that it would have been a bit hard for taylor to get away from it without spinning out.

so IMO, no one should be penalized for that one cuz it wasnt in any of their intentions to knock the other one down and because there was a mistake made by both drivers.

Hyntty btw why did you even try to squeeze so much on such a little turn you could have waited till it goes straight again were ur sure he would be on the side of the track then come in a little.

Anyways, bad luck to all 3 drivers involved.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :If anything it's his fault, not mine. I would call it a racing incident myself but I'd like to see what Hyntty has to say about it or maybe have someone else view the replay?

Oh and how are time penalties issued? For the next race I guess?

I've just seen this incident on its own, and I have to say I agree with Dekojester. I'm confused as to why you didn't use all the track on the left - there was plently of it. I have to say though, that it certainly wasn't deliberate as that's very uncharacteristic of Taylor for him to make a mistake like that. I've seen it on-board Hynnty and I'd say he gave you enough room.

BTW, penalties are added onto the race that the incident happenned in.
Oh for gods sake... You did not turn or pull away! I was turning a little left (cause that's where the track goes), but you were going straight - into me. Don't try to argue, I measured it with a ruler.
I've uploaded the provisional race results. Page 1 of the PDF is Race 1, Page 2 is Race 2. Pole point awarded for first race only.

Highest Climber for Race 2 is determined from your grid position for Race 2.

d
Hello. On lap 3 in race 1, in the last turn, the tire wall suddenly appeared in front of my car. I tried turning away but they did not make any effort to move away either. This caused me to flip over the wall in a horrific accident.

I'd like this incident to be investigated and have future tire walls removed from the race (or at least be penalized).

Just kidding. I'm just trying to lighten the mood here. hyntty and taylor both worked hard for that race and I'm sure both were disappointed because of that incident (as was I with my incident).
Rcae 1 , last corner, a tyre stack suddenly hit my driver in the head...I think he got concussion...
Quote from Technique :Hello. On lap 3 in race 1, in the last turn, the tire wall suddenly appeared in front of my car. I tried turning away but they did not make any effort to move away either. This caused me to flip over the wall in a horrific accident.

I'd like this incident to be investigated and have future tire walls removed from the race (or at least be penalized).

Just kidding. I'm just trying to lighten the mood here. hyntty and taylor both worked hard for that race and I'm sure both were disappointed because of that incident (as was I with my incident).

Right, we'll place launchpad red/white long barriers infront of tyre barriers in future, and also place bales of hay right on the racing line to cause inconvenient pathways around the course and provide padding when you try to drive on the proper racing line.

At least the medicos were right on the spot outside the barrier there, Technique.

d
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Rcae 1 , last corner, a tyre stack suddenly hit my driver in the head...I think he got concussion...

It didn't actually hit his head. It missed by 2 mm. From now on I'm gonna be charging for the use of my ruler.
0,0816 € per inch.
In regards to Taylor's incident, I will rewatch the replay. However....

Taylor had plenty of room to the left to put his car, but did not steer to make that gap and contacted hyntty, while hyntty kept on his line.

Those are the facts that I had to decide from.

I am in class a few more hours today. After class and other things I need to get done get done, I will go through this again.

It is likely that the penalty will stand, however. Please keep in mind the bigger picture. The 15 seconds only cost you one place. One point. You still have a 9-position lead in the cup, penalty or not. Keep the bigger picture in mind of the championship.
Getting excited over a 15-second penalty in a ver close title race, sure, but in a decent gapped championship race, I'd take it in stride and keep up consistency to keep the lead.
I'm deadly serious about my incident...it caused me to spin out and I lost a good few places...

Not that anyone can be blamed...although I'm sure this caused my driver to crap himself, resulting in a residue on track...which may have indirectly caused some other crashes...
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :@ Deko - Yeah, but you could say Hyntty also had plenty [more] room to put his car aswell...And I did steer towards that space, unlike Hyntty

Yes, but Hynnty had no obligation to use that space. He gave you enough room.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I'm just trying to say that the decision you made is wrong, that's all.

That's your opinion. There is no right or wrong answer, just opinions based on rules.

Quote from Rules, V,2b& :
All competitors have a right to “racing room” on the marked racing surface.

“Racing Room” is defined as sufficient space to allow a competitor to maintain control of his car in close quarters under racing conditions.

Hynnty gave Taylor 'Racing Room'
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA : Pfff...even if using that space would avoid a collision?

Attached is moment before crash, and as close to the crash as I can get (which happenned under the bridge)
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Maybe I'm too kind sometimes, but atleast I avoid collisions the best I can.

Anyway, I'm bored of this, move on...

I'm not denying that at all. I know from experience that you're one of the cleaner racers in the League. I just feel that you're oblivious to the fact that you could have done more to stop that accident happenning

Quote :Lets move on

+1
Attached images
lfs_00000046.JPG
lfs_00000047.JPG
Btw, I just watched the replay like 10 times lol from taylors view, from hyntty's view and from Juuretis's view. From what I see Hynnty got control over the car again before he got hit by juuretis :P

Btw, both are to blame for that incident cuz taylor was far from the side, yes, he didnt stick to the side, yes, but hyntty could of been more cautious when turning towards him knowing he was there.
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty
Deko: I (and surely Hintty/Technique) am waiting for verdict on the SC overtaking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG