The online racing simulator
Sending/recieving setups during races
(9 posts, started )
After I was competitively racing this guy for awhile this morning but still barely failing, a message came across that said "so-and-so has sent you his setup". I couln't find anything that verified this, and I'm wondering how to utilize this feature. I didn't see it in any available manual, and I don't really know anything else. Today was the first time I multiplayer'd this game.
Here's how...

1) press N until the connection list comes up

2) click the green S by the person's name

3) Save setup

4) Select/use it

4) ???

5) Victory (maybe)

DK
Quote from Fopeano :After I was competitively racing this guy for awhile this morning but still barely failing, a message came across that said "so-and-so has sent you his setup". I couln't find anything that verified this, and I'm wondering how to utilize this feature. I didn't see it in any available manual, and I don't really know anything else. Today was the first time I multiplayer'd this game.

From the wiki:
Quote :Connection List

This screen is shown by pressing N, which will alternate between names over cars, no names over cars, and the connections list. It shows who is connected to the server, what control system they are using, allows you to send and receive setups, and perform driver changes in the pitlane.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Display
^ I already answered it :P

But ye, the manual helps

DK
Thanks for the help there. Somehow I complely overlooked that portion of the manual.
the manual is great..helped me sometimes

but if the person who sent you the set, pits, then you cant receive, or save the set...isn't it like that??
Quote from asbjoern :if the person who sent you the set, pits, then you cant receive, or save the set...isn't it like that??

Yes
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Here's how...

1) press N until the connection list comes up

2) click the green S by the person's name

3) Save setup

4) Select/use it

4) ???

5) Victory (maybe)

DK

And how many times have you typed that sequence out in the chat screen in LFS? I'd say hundreds for me over the years hehe
Quote from Glenn67 :And how many times have you typed that sequence out in the chat screen in LFS? I'd say hundreds for me over the years hehe

I really should put it on an f-key bind :P

F1 has a nice ring to it

DK

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG