The online racing simulator
Demo Racers Unite!
(39 posts, started )
Demo Racers Unite!
Hi all,

I've been having a lot of trouble finding a good server with lots of racing. I'm in the Western Canada Time zone. I was hoping to make a few friends to go out and race with that have a 1:15.xx pb on blackwood since my laptop cant handle too many cars on the track at once.

add me on msn jello86er123@hotmail.com
Get S2 and you can find many many servers .

A good way is to join an empty server and soon people will join.
It's normal that you don't have a lot of good servers to play on....you still a demo racer.Buy S2 and you'll get bunch of Race/Drift/Cruise servers to play on
Lol...he has been here since start of 04...MOOCHER!!!!! there should be a one week limit on the demo with 2 online servers.... If you like it, buy it. If you don't...leave

I don't think anyone is going to pursuade him into buying S2 if he hasn't already.
S2 is the best way for you. Buy it.
#6 - nihil
Quote from Matt0snap :Lol...he has been here since start of 04...MOOCHER!!!!! there should be a one week limit on the demo with 2 online servers.... If you like it, buy it. If you don't...leave

I don't think anyone is going to pursuade him into buying S2 if he hasn't already.

1 week is just... sick.

I know people _can_ be cheapskates, however, there are people who just don't got the money for it, or don't want to spend the money for it.

I have to agree with the good ol' 'If you like the demo, you will love S2!'
yea, I've been playing (on and off) LFS since the betas (before S1 came out). It's just that I don't always play due to school load etc etc.

Well, I'm not giivng up on finding a good group of people to race with!
How disappointed I'm I that this isn't the Demo revolution have been expecting
S2 is most definatly worth it. There's a fair amount of noth american LFS'ers, not too sure about the west specifically. You may have to be online at odd hours to catch a good group or some good races. I find the same problem living in Ontario, anytime I get online, the servers are pretty dry.
~Bryan~
Demo racers unite!

... and chip in for a license for this tightwad
Western Canada? me too. major timezone issues, but still, S2 by yourself is better than no S2. and if you get on early enough there are a fair number of people online.
not really.. here in Alberta there are ppl online from early in the morning to around 5:30 at night... Then on weekends till around 7 at night. I guess if you get up at 7, leave for school and are home at 4 there isn't a lot of time..but
Here's what you have to do. Set your clock forward by 7 hours, and live your life around that clock. It may be difficult at first, but in the long run it will make your LFS online experience more enjoyable!
_lol_ nice advice xD xD xD
I did that once, it actually worked nicely, until I got sick and had to go to a normal sleeping pattern.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Here's what you have to do. Set your clock forward by 7 hours, and live your life around that clock. It may be difficult at first, but in the long run it will make your LFS online experience more enjoyable!

And maybe the other ppl around you will like your way of living and change their watches too so after that we will have ONE TIME ZONE :woohoo:
i've the same problem, i work nights and as such feel like im on US / Canada time and if i go online in the morning when i come home all i find are australians ( no insult intended ).

its the same story with Call of Duty
Just curious but what car exactly that's only available in Demo mode, can do a 1:15.xx around Blackwood??
Quote from gezmoor :Just curious but what car exactly that's only available in Demo mode, can do a 1:15.xx around Blackwood??

Formula BMW
Quote from E-speed :The demo in LFS is the only reason that I don´t play netkarpro instead of LFS. So they can choose to have me to make the comunity bigger or they can choose to loose me. It´s up to them and not up to you.

so its nothing to do with the fact that netkar pro is bugged and apparently abandoned and with (as far as i know) no online mode in the demo version ?

you seem to be missing an important point. whilst i have no complaints about demo users not buying the full game, i do find it quite funny and a bit objectional when they feel they have the right to demand extra features and that if they go to play another game it is the developers' loss. if as a demo user, you contribute in a positive manner to the forum and produce comments / suggestions which will improve all versions of the program and not just add extra features for the demo, then you are a valuable addition to the community and of value to the developers. if you moan because the demo doesn't fit all your needs and feel that more of the licenced features should be in the demo, then i'm afraid your of little or no value.

in your case, you are happy with the demo, you havent asked for extras and as such i respect you but in the 3 posts you've made on this forum you've stated you miss netkar pro, that you'll never buy the full game and that if the devs aren't carefull they might loose you. if you bought the licenced version of netkar there's nothing stopping you from still using it, if you didn't then you'll appreciate how much more the LFS devs give you in the demo than netkar did. don't forget one of the reasons netkar was abandonded was a failure of its business model due to a very poor take up of licences
Quote from E-speed :Why!? The Demo exist so why should you not use it. I don´t need allot of cars and I don´t need allot of tracks. I just need to race and that no problem for me with demo.

Do you say no to all free stuff in this world just because you think it´s unfair to the people who gives things away for free to get a bigger population to know about their product?

The demo in LFS is the only reason that I don´t play netkarpro instead of LFS. So they can choose to have me to make the comunity bigger or they can choose to loose me. It´s up to them and not up to you.

LOL...ok then. If you would of acutally quoted my whole post you will see that I said I hate demoers who whine for more stuff thinking they have the right to it. I don't care about demoers who play the game as is... If they want more stuff then they buy the game. But where do people get off thinking they can argue with us thinking that they deserve better tracks and cars.

I wasn't talking about people like you who just play the game, I was talking about people who whine in these forums.

EDIT: Just re-read my first post.... Guess my rant about people whining was in a different thread..
Quote from Matt0snap :LOL...ok then. If you would of acutally quoted my whole post you will see that I said I hate demoers who whine for more stuff thinking they have the right to it. I don't care about demoers who play the game as is... If they want more stuff then they buy the game. But where do people get off thinking they can argue with us thinking that they deserve better tracks and cars.

I wasn't talking about people like you who just play the game, I was talking about people who whine in these forums.

EDIT: Just re-read my first post.... Guess my rant about people whining was in a different thread..

Why do you even care?
Are you part of the development team for LFS? The success of LFS has nothing to do with you.

I was simply trying to find a few guys to race with. If you can't even accept that, then... you need help.
Quote from pizza_delivery :Why do you even care?
Are you part of the development team for LFS? The success of LFS has nothing to do with you.

Wrong... Even though I am not part of the devs, the success of LFS does have something to do with me. If there are no S2 racers..there would be no S2... So basically, The success of LFS has nothing to do with YOU.

And I do apoligize for my first post..Sounded a bit harsher than I wanted.

Demo Racers Unite!
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG