The online racing simulator
Round 6 Pre-Discussion
Round 6 of the Inagural Live For Speed Beginner's Cup

Date: 9 March 2008
Course: Aston Club
Car: FBM
Race Distance: 7 laps. There will be two races. The first will be based off of the qualifying times. The second will be the reverse of the first race finishing order.

Free Practice sessions will be held on the regular schedule.

d
#2 - J@tko
Please may I take this opportunity to inform you of the full regulations regarding the reverse grid.

Firstly, if you did not finish 70% (5 laps) of the first race, you will be allocated a slot at the back of the grid, depending on how much of the race you finished.

If you disco'd in the first race, your grid slot for Race 2 will be at the Race Director's discretion.

I might not be there for the race, but I suck anyway, so it doesn't matter
Do they count as 2 seperate races?
so how will you count point? so if i finish in the last place in first race, i will star first on the second ? dat cool! i can pick my nose during first part of race, that fly away from the first position
#5 - J@tko
Quote from kABLiuks :so how will you count point? so if i finish in the last place in first race, i will star first on the second ? dat cool! i can pick my nose during first part of race, that fly away from the first position

Each race is worth 1/2 points, i.e 1st = 15 pts, 2nd = 14 pts and so on.
Hmm your guys best lap times ?
i did get 1:06.45
I put in low 1:07's...I'm happy with that, the WR is 1:04.7 or something lol
There will be a 5-minute break between the conclusion of the first race and the start of the second.

There will NOT be a lag start before Race 2.

If you have a disconnect during the first race, you will start at the back of the grid for Race 2, but infront of those who DNF'ed Race 1.

Between the end of qualifying and the lag start, as well as between the two races, there are to be no calls for the Race Director's attention. I will be preoccupied with getting the grid order set for both of the races at that time.

d
All I have to say is... prepare for doom.

I have been practicing for round 6 every second of every day. No one can defeat my ultimate driving technique. My personal best is 0.2 seconds off of the WR and I consistently run 0.4 seconds off of the WR. In order to prepare for the chaos that is race 2 (reverse grid) I have been performing various computer simulations based roughly on the current championship standings. According to the most recent simulation (fear my video editing skills!), I will start 15th and finish 1st. TAYLOR-MANIA also makes a good showing starting 20th and finishing 3rd.
Quote from Technique :All I have to say is... prepare for doom.

I have been practicing for round 6 every second of every day. No one can defeat my ultimate driving technique. My personal best is 0.2 seconds off of the WR and I consistently run 0.4 seconds off of the WR. In order to prepare for the chaos that is race 2 (reverse grid) I have been performing various computer simulations based roughly on the current championship standings. According to the most recent simulation (fear my video editing skills!), I will start 15th and finish 1st. TAYLOR-MANIA also makes a good showing starting 20th and finishing 3rd.

Everything ^ is BS

Nice use of AI in that vid
Quote from Technique :According to the most recent simulation (fear my video editing skills!), I will start 15th and finish 1st. TAYLOR-MANIA also makes a good showing starting 20th and finishing 3rd.

I need to see a doctor...I don't even remember that race.
Quote from Marlbro :I need to see a doctor...I don't even remember that race.

its AI with names on it
Slipstreaming in single seaters at Aston? Chaos will surely ensue!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Slipstreaming in single seaters at Aston? Chaos will surely ensue!

My first time racing at aston, but the straight's fairly long and there's plenty of room to pass. I think the chicane and the last turn will yield the most accidents since pushing 10/10ths here can easily result in a spin.
Qualifying for Rounds 6 (and maybe 7) will start at 1845 GMT due to the race admin being needed at work at 2000 GMT.

Please be there at least 5 mins before.
Quote from J@tko :Qualifying for Rounds 6 (and maybe 7) will start at 1845 GMT due to the race admin being needed at work at 2000 GMT.

Please be there at least 5 mins before.

Today?
Qualifying will start at 1845 GMT on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday !

I may or may not wake up in time for FP1. I'm still at work, the guy who's supposed to come in 15 minutes ago of this posting is still not here. I've been working all night.

d
When are the free practices? I don't see the schedule for them anywhere.
Well, It's now 21:01 (and saturday), and there's no-one round...
I'm working on this dumb skin....!
skinning's way better than just waiting here
Did they change the track yet? I'm done with this ugly skin. But I still have to hook up my wheel and my other PC. I'll be online in like 20 minutes.
RacingX server3 is now @as2, we're there.
I sorta Hi-jacked [DR] Server 2 and changed it to the correct combo

I have the admin pass for DR2 but not DR1

So [DR] Server 2 is now set to FBM @ AS3

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG