The online racing simulator
ShiftBuzz
(33 posts, started )
ShiftBuzz
Here is an addon that creates a buzzing sound when the shift light comes on, as requested by several people recently. It was made by adapting Kada's Gear Indicator program.

It works by playing a wav file, which can be changed for a sound of your choice.

Instructions are included in the zip.

This is version 0.9. Please let me know if you find any bugs and then I will release v1.0.

Enjoy
Attached files
ShiftBuzz v0.9.zip - 13 KB - 958 views
Unfortunately it wont work with GI.EXE, due to the fact that only one program can use OutGauge at the same time.

However, I tested it and it works very well (As long as I don't have GI.EXE running, naturally).

The Buzz.wav isn't the best, but as stated, it can be changed. Good work. Lots of users (Who don't want to solder) finds it useful.
If someone finds a better buzz sound I am happy to include it in v1.0.

It should be possible to run this together with the GI program - you need to use outgaugegateway, which splits the outgauge port into two:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=241138#post241138

I might try to incorporate the buzz as an option in the next version of GI Rev Meter though, that would be much simpler.
#4 - Mc21
How about a bouncing rev limiter sound aswell?
I once had 1750Hz tone in a wav-file. That is distracting enough to notice even the engine is making awful lot of noise. Unfortunately, had to format my hard drive yesterday and because of that it is gone permanently.

PS. With right tools (Tone2wav or something like that) you can make any kind of sound.
hmm for whatever reason, its not working for me...
Quote from darkinertia :hmm for whatever reason, its not working for me...

Have you edited the cfg-file and activated outgauge (And put the right port)?
yeah i copied over exactly what was in the readme to the cfg except the explanation in parenthesees. i then edited it so that the server was 0.0.0.0. cuz thats my server i guess... it says UDP bind failed or something like that and insim not intitialised
Quote from darkinertia :yeah i copied over exactly what was in the readme to the cfg except the explanation in parenthesees. i then edited it so that the server was 0.0.0.0. cuz thats my server i guess... it says UDP bind failed or something like that and insim not intitialised

That's because it is not 0.0.0.0...
127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1
Find the sound that Mazda used for the RX7s, those were so horrendous to hear you'll never forget to upshift again.
Quote from Gekkibi :That's because it is not 0.0.0.0...
127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

Thanks for being my technical support man Gekkibi!
Quote from Nick A :Thanks for being my technical support man Gekkibi!

Just trying to help where I am best (Meaning: Sarcasm and such)
i ant get it to work, i have copied the lines over from the read me, run the application and tried 2 different cars but it isnt working?
Quote from james12s :i ant get it to work, i have copied the lines over from the read me, run the application and tried 2 different cars but it isnt working?

Could you attach both cfg-files (From LFS and from shiftbuzz)?
ok here you go
Attached files
config.txt - 97 B - 271 views
cfg.txt - 3.2 KB - 276 views
Quote :
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1 :IP

I think you should remove the ":IP".
ah but that was from the secongd time i pasted it in, the first time i did remove that

edit: removed it and as i thought didnt work, puzzleing
thanks for the files, it works now! this is awesome, this is just what i wanted :P
thanks for the files, it works now! this is awesome, this is just what i wanted :P

anyone got the sound file for a rx7 for this?
Quote from darkinertia :thanks for the files, it works now! this is awesome, this is just what i wanted :P

anyone got the sound file for a rx7 for this?

No, but would you like to have hampster dance playing seemlessly when you rev?
umm, no not really but thanks for the offer...

oohh! your being sarcastic! oh you got me there!
You can use Audacity to make simple sinusoidal, sawtooth, or square tones that you can then mix together in the same program.
were do i piut the buzz sound cause i put it in the sound folder and its not making the sound
Quote from kamilek12 :were do i piut the buzz sound cause i put it in the sound folder and its not making the sound

Err... Probably the best way to do it is to replace Buzz.wav (Make sure to make backup-copy of it first)...

ShiftBuzz
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG