Wind Screen Wipers?
I was just wondering...

Seeing as you can...
  • switch the engine off
  • flash your lights
  • indicate left and right
  • turn hazard lights on
  • hoot your horn
...it would be nice to have the option for Wind Screen Wipers. Espercially in S3 when there is talk of rain I know this is not very important but I would like to hear your thoughts on it.
#2 - Phill
you pretty much answered your own question!

"would be nice in S3, with rain" well, guess what, i'll bet you a 100bucks that it'll be a feature in S3 or whenever the weather is added!
Although there was never any official confirmation, we can all expect
that more realistic lighting will come when various day lights will be
implemented, ideally, dynamic daylight.. The same goes with wipers,
they are surely closely related to rain/snow (weather, again dynamic
ideally). All these 'effects' are expected for S3. Oh, and it's been
asked/mentionned a LOT ever since LFS was born.
#5 - evans
#6 - Gunn
Quote from XCNuse :hoot your horn lol? you mean toot? or when someone says toot do you think of the word.. fart

The world is a big place. XCNuse. People don't speak exactly like you do, well, pretty much in every part of the world. Toot, hoot, honk, blow, beep, blast......
I'm sure some people wonder why you keep calling them "yall".
Quote from tommy10101 :Seeing as you can...
  • switch the engine off

u can? how?
Press 'i' (ignition?)
Quote from XCNuse :hoot your horn lol? you mean toot? or when someone says toot do you think of the word.. fart

also.. shouldnt the wipers in the GTR cars be up and streamline with the car.. like all the fast cars do?
http://www.texasrxs.com/images/lemans%20787b.jpg
http://www.webwombat.com.au/mo ... ges/ferrari-fxx-big-1.JPG

list goes on but 2 should be enough

Think you're right about the wipers there. I think pretty much all racecars have only one wiper. Generally for weight saving purposes probably, and I'd guess it's centered when not used for aerodynamic purposes.
The ignition switch has to be the most useless feature in LFS. At least give us a cool starter noise accompanied by a nice exhaust growl.
..how is it the most useless? if we have ignition.. that means we can also loose the engine.. the ignition is probably one of the better things we have in LFS, the ignition itself isnt so usefull so far.. BUT.. it will have its potential i promise you
Quote from XCNuse :..how is it the most useless? if we have ignition.. that means we can also loose the engine.. the ignition is probably one of the better things we have in LFS, the ignition itself isnt so usefull so far.. BUT.. it will have its potential i promise you

I understand of course if we could stall, but as it stands it's useless and you can't argue! Hehe
..well.. keep in mind.. technically S2 is useless

its not a completed game, there are many flaws.. basically we are just 'testing' it, so .. at this stage almost everything is useless (if you catch my drift)

btw.. what the hell are you doing up at 3 AM too lol?
Quote from XCNuse :..well.. keep in mind.. technically S2 is useless

its not a completed game, there are many flaws.. basically we are just 'testing' it, so .. at this stage almost everything is useless (if you catch my drift)

btw.. what the hell are you doing up at 3 AM too lol?

You technical schmechnical bastard.

I'm actually reading the forums trying to decide whether I want to get into LFS right now or not. Playing the game is sometimes a task I must be up for commiting to for some reason. I think it has to do with having to set up my wheel and getting in the race mindset...LFS is not a game, but a state of mind!1!!1!1!!!!
Quote from TaiFong :I understand of course if we could stall, but as it stands it's useless and you can't argue! Hehe

eh, you CAN stall the engine. I'll admit most of those times, my engine
was broken beyond usefull so restarting it didn't help much
..actually.. now that im awake lol, its possible to stall the FV8, i have a thread somewhere about it.. you can stall it whenever you want lol, all i can remember about it was having limiter on, and shifting down to first gear .. not sure how it goes anymore though, its been a while
Quote from TaiFong :I understand of course if we could stall, but as it stands it's useless and you can't argue! Hehe

Nope, if you're running out of gas just in the last bend of the lap and pit, you can start the engine again when your fuel is refilled... What would you do if you wouldn't have an ignition button?
Quote from bbman :Nope, if you're running out of gas just in the last bend of the lap and pit, you can start the engine again when your fuel is refilled... What would you do if you wouldn't have an ignition button?

Ahh good point. Hadn't thought of it that way.
Quote from bbman :Nope, if you're running out of gas just in the last bend of the lap and pit, you can start the engine again when your fuel is refilled... What would you do if you wouldn't have an ignition button?

On the day that this scenario actually happens, what are the odds of me remembering that it's the "I" key I'm looking for?

Wind Screen Wipers?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG