The online racing simulator
Logitch DFP problem.....
(11 posts, started )
Logitch DFP problem.....
A recieved a used DFP that I got from ebay today, and I'm having problems getting it to work. Basically it's acting as if there is no power getting to the motor. When I power it up it doesn't go through it's calibration, it just sits there with the left LED blinking. The right LED remains continuously lit.

I'm using the latest drivers from Logitech, and it detects the wheel and shows it in the test/config screen but it doesn't respond to any movements or button presses.

I have opened it up and I can't find anything adrift. There is power coming from the power supply to the main PCB.

Have I bought a faulty unit?

If so does anyone have an old phisically damaged unit that I can have the main PCB from?
That doesn't sound good. I don't use that wheel but I would bet you got ebayed by someone who has no respect for a fellow human.

Unless your comfortable taking the thing apart to look for a loose connection or such, I'd start to make arrangements to get your money back.

Good Luck
Well his response was that it must 'have been damaged in transit' There isn't a mark on it :rolleyes:

All is not lost though, I've just been on the phone to Logitech, explained the problem and gave them the serial number and it's still under warrenty, so they are sending me a brand-new one

Result
Hi Drexel , Well done sorting your prob you wont be dissapointed when you fire up LFS with a DFP for the 1st time

If you are interested in selling your faulty DFP I would be interested in buying it

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :

If you are interested in selling your faulty DFP I would be interested in buying it

I'm probably going to keep it for the spare pedals TBH.
-
(Knives22) DELETED by Knives22
They didnt ask u to send it back? Becuase my wheel has a broking button.
Quote from Knives22 :They didnt ask u to send it back? Becuase my wheel has a broking button.

Nope, they just said cut the USB plug off the old one and send it to them (with the RMA number) when the new one arrives.
That's VERY Good. Glad it worked out for you.
#9 - geffb
Cher Monsieur bouvier

Merci de la confiance que vous portez à Logitech.

Ces preoblèmes proviennent de la forte hystérésis des potentiomètres du pédalier. Nous avon,s changé les potentiomètres à partir de 2004. Votre volant précédent datant de 2003, le problème sera probablemùent résolu avec ce nouveau pédalier.

Si vous avez d'autres questions, n'hésitez pas à consulter notre site web à l'adresse http://www.logitech.com

Cordialement,

Laurent Fizet
Logitech Europe SA
European Customer Support

That's customer service ;-)
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
lol, sounds like you had some expiriences with them?? :detective
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :This wasn't a "refurbished" wheel from a company called "Just Deals" in Ireland by any chance?

No it was a private seller.

Logitch DFP problem.....
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG