The online racing simulator
2008 GTReMix Series (my first LFS video)
(13 posts, started )
Just made a video for our dual-classed GTReMix series. It's my first time doing one of these things so gimme a break. I have enough artistic talent to draw a stick figure (barely). The download stream might cause you to wait a few secs, but it worked fine for most.

Streaming video -> http://gtremix.darksideracing.net

Good luck and enjoy!
I liked it (no I'm not in it), everything worked good, no effects, ok, but at least there weren't any canned effects, which would have been worse than none. FPS was good, cameras didn't wander off into oblivion, so it's good!

And also, the music choice is good, but only because it's generic, not because the music itself is good but because it works with the movie.

On the minus side...keep cameras a little further away from cars, if u know what i mean.

A lot of potential, can't wait to see more movies from you.

Won't rate this because I'd be heavily biased.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :
And also, the music choice is good, but only because it's generic, not because the music itself is good but because it works with the movie.

On the minus side...keep cameras a little further away from cars, if u know what i mean.

I personally don't think the music works at all, esspecially for the scenes you where showing. As for the camera's I would use alittle more zoom, can't really see much car movement. Nice work though, I liked it.
Quote from BigTime :I personally don't think the music works at all, esspecially for the scenes you where showing. As for the camera's I would use alittle more zoom, can't really see much car movement. Nice work though, I liked it.

I only thought on the basis of overall fit, generic movie (no SFX) needs generic music, but that's just me.
Thanks for the feedback and constructive criticism so far. Art and expression is such a personal and subjective thing that there isn't really any guideline except following your instincts. The choice of music was actually supposed to give it a subtle tinge of humor and that 70s swerving cop car feel. Humor is a huge part of my personality. There was also tons of stuff that I imagined but didn't really know how to implement. The software was Ulead Videostudio 6 which has the kind of effects you find in wedding videos. I think I'm putting NWA's "Straight outta Compton" in my next video. Nah that will just make people furious lol!

Isn't there some "video drill sargeant" on this thread somewhere? I want to feel his wrath.
Quote from Lebaron :I think I'm putting NWA's "Straight outta Compton" in my next video. Nah that will just make people furious lol!

not if it's a uf1 scene.
#7 - AMB
I'm in it , nice video Leb, you use fraps registered? and did you pay?
Quote from AMB :I'm in it , nice video Leb, you use fraps registered? and did you pay?

As you can see the vid has Fraps.com overlay, which obviously means that it's unregistered.
#9 - AMB
Sorry Taavi, nor familiar with fraps,
since you asked politely not to, Im not going to give you list of all the mistakes you did...
you need to improve quite a bit overall, but it's a decent start..
Quote from AMB :I'm in it , nice video Leb, you use fraps registered? and did you pay?

@AMB: Do you own stocks in software companies? hehe.. All the software I used was free. I'm still looking for video editing software that I can try to master.

@squidhead: no no.. please list all the mistakes. At least all the technical mistakes. I know one of them is going through the car (I read your rant somewhere about that one for somebody else's video). Let me know what's up.
well, since you want to know them...

-you should use camera view smoothing (around 0.8 of a second is good if you record at 1.0 speed)
-the quality should be improved, in your case it's the compression problems...there's a lot of tips in making lfs movies thread
-don't start moving the camera when you are recording, also don't stop it, and don't change directions... looks jerky and unedited
-you have noticed a camera through car problem, so I just add it to the list
-try smoother transitions between clips
-audio editing was (was there? or is it just the song that's choppy) choppy, you had to make it smoother
Quote from squidhead :well, since you want to know them...

-you should use camera view smoothing (around 0.8 of a second is good if you record at 1.0 speed)
-the quality should be improved, in your case it's the compression problems...there's a lot of tips in making lfs movies thread
-don't start moving the camera when you are recording, also don't stop it, and don't change directions... looks jerky and unedited
-you have noticed a camera through car problem, so I just add it to the list
-try smoother transitions between clips
-audio editing was (was there? or is it just the song that's choppy) choppy, you had to make it smoother

Quality was bad because I did avi -> mpg -> flv (17MB streaming)

It has been updated to avi -> divx (11MB streaming) and both audio/video quality improved drastically while reducing overall file size by 35%.

http://gtremix.darksideracing.net

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG