The online racing simulator
Drum & Bass artists
(53 posts, started )
Drum & Bass artists
Hi!

I've been listenig this kind of music for few days, but only Pendulum. But now it's a bit boring... Can any of you mention badass Drum & Bass artists??
#2 - Bean0
http://www.hospitalrecords.com/

Some of their stuff is quite good, also DJ Dieselboy.
I quite like the older stuff as well, look out for mixes by Nicky Blackmarket or Ray Keith.
Back in the day I quite liked Roni Size, although I forget which album it was. Probably Music Box or New Forms judging by the release dates.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Can any of you mention badass Drum & Bass artists??

Heh. Almost as good as "techno music artists".
Not convinced there is any "art" involved in drum and bass, sounds like someone chucking a tin of biscuits down the stairs to me...........
Get this:

edit: more drill & bass than drum & bass, I guess.
#7 - Bean0
Apologies, I forgot Goldie.

Yes, some DnB is utter tripe, but there are some really good artists.
Give Goldie's Timeless album a listen
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Get this:

edit: more drill & bass than drum & bass, I guess.

WoW this cover looks good, and I found some hungarian words on it "rossz csillag alatt született" which means "He was born under the wrong star"

I'll give all of the artists you mentioned above a go
Quote from Töki (HUN) :WoW this cover looks good, and I found some hungarian words on it "rossz csillag alatt született" which means "He was born under the wrong star"

I'll give all of the artists you mentioned above a go

Hehe, yeah. The guy (Venetian Snares aka Aaron Funk) is Canadian, but I guess he was inspired to create this album when visiting Hungary.

It's not really a traditional DnB album but it's got some truly insane drum programming on it (2nd half of the song I linked to in particular) as well as a lot of pretty orchestral stuff.
Plug - Drum 'N' Bass for Papa, an immortal masterpiece.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Hi!

I've been listenig this kind of music for few days, but only Pendulum. But now it's a bit boring... Can any of you mention badass Drum & Bass artists??

DJ Hype (and any of the old 'Ganja Crew' stuff) Ray Keith, Aphrodite, etc.

Really depends on what "style" you like. I personally prefer to try and avoid "intelligent d&b" (some of Grooverider's stuff is more "intelligent" for example) and stick with the more classic / older stuff. Still have a big collection of 12" vinyl with d&b tracks from through the 90s and knew a few of the big names :cool:

Regards,

Ian
London Elektricity - Billion Dollar Gravy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNyODJcFMB4

London Elektricity - Cum dancing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhLjQP7Cs1g

The two best Albums are Bilion Dollar Gravy, and power ballads (the better of the two imo)

Honestly I can't tell you how good they are and they played live which adds to the amazingness(made up word?) .

As mentioned before the Dj Hype mixes are always a blast .

also on a sidenote this is quite intresting too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=593SRtEkWOQ
Cum Dancing? Oh noees... Great ones though
Quote from Ian.H :DJ Hype (and any of the old 'Ganja Crew' stuff) Ray Keith, Aphrodite, etc.

Really depends on what "style" you like. I personally prefer to try and avoid "intelligent d&b" (some of Grooverider's stuff is more "intelligent" for example) and stick with the more classic / older stuff. Still have a big collection of 12" vinyl with d&b tracks from through the 90s and knew a few of the big names :cool:

Regards,

Ian

Woohoo, didnt think anyone out here would mention this!!
I was a cheezy quaver in the early 90's and Fabio n Grooverider were the best!! Anyone remember The Edge in Coventry, they always played the darkest dnb. Goes to find old tapes.....

Andrew
Quote from mrfell :Woohoo, didnt think anyone out here would mention this!!
I was a cheezy quaver in the early 90's and Fabio n Grooverider were the best!! Anyone remember The Edge in Coventry, they always played the darkest dnb. Goes to find old tapes.....

Andrew

Never went to The Edge, but knew of it

Went to a lot of Moondance and World Dance raves though.. some real good nights had

One of the best tracks I had in regards to getting people moving was Hype's remix of 'Ready or not'. £50 for a single-sided white label though.. but was always a hit! I still love the classic happy hardcore, old skool and d&b tracks

On a separate note for Toki.. you might be better off to start with trying to find a few d&b albums / mixes. Random artists etc, a good way to start off with a list of possibilities to hunt for

Regards,

Ian
Alright
Quote from Ian.H :Never went to The Edge, but knew of it

Went to a lot of Moondance and World Dance raves though.. some real good nights had

One of the best tracks I had in regards to getting people moving was Hype's remix of 'Ready or not'. £50 for a single-sided white label though.. but was always a hit! I still love the classic happy hardcore, old skool and d&b tracks

On a separate note for Toki.. you might be better off to start with trying to find a few d&b albums / mixes. Random artists etc, a good way to start off with a list of possibilities to hunt for

Regards,

Ian

Yup the happy hardcore days were pretty good. I found this the other day http://www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk/ and theres some good choons in there. We used to goto the Fantazia do's, Donnington Park was incredible. Pity its so sanitised these days.
Quote from Ian.H :One of the best tracks I had in regards to getting people moving was Hype's remix of 'Ready or not'. £50 for a single-sided white label though.. but was always a hit! I still love the classic happy hardcore, old skool and d&b tracks Regards,

Ian

An old skool rush!!
When you get bored of all the commercial sounding stuff thats been suggested so far (Barring Pendulum, i should hate them, but can't help loving them )
Try this guy, BenXO
He's a DJ, not an artist. I've listened to him for years now, from when he was an amature DJ, up until now, getting better and better.
He plays an IMHO all round better DnB, and isn't affraid of playing something different, so you won't get bored listening to the same old rollers over and over again
He has a regular slot on a Tuesday night on Bassdrive.com
THIS is the BenXO Bassdrive archive, if you'd like to download one of his shows right away, i personally recommend "Bass Binds Us (2007-07-17)", lot's of new stuff (up to the show date) and some olden goldies too.

EDIT: Oh and on a more poppy sounding DnB if thats your bag, give 'High Contrast' a listen, Racing Green is still an excellent tune!
Quote from sil3ntwar :But how could you get bored with Pendulum!!?!

Because I've been listening it continuously BTW probably I'm listening a "not that good" album?! (Hold Your Colour)

THX GFresh, gonna check them right now!

Drum & Bass artists
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG