The online racing simulator
G25 Killing fps
(18 posts, started )
G25 Killing fps
I have a Logtiech g25, and when its in the usb, even when i dont use it, it kills my fps. 19 Ais i get 15 fps with g25 and almost 20 (when they're finally started) with kb steering and cordless rumblepad plugged in. In other games too: Tdu i can play on 800X600 wihout a prob with gamepad, but only 640X480 with my g25. Mafia the same.
Is there a solution (dont tell me change the controller plz).
Get a better PC like mine i get around 150-200fps with my g25 and also try taking the fps limit off.

I once got wait for it 300FPS when i wan't moving or on a server
i have 2,8 GHZ and a radeon gecube 2600 pro with 256 mb, i hope its not coz of my pc (1 gig ram)
#4 - garph
If you are having to play games at that sort of resolution then it's your PC. What CPU and RAM (DDR1 or 2) is it and is that graphics card AGP?

A friend of mine had a laptop and when he used a DFP it made the game unplayable.
Quote from Stefani24 :...19 Ais...

The AI cars currently take a MASSIVE amount of CPU power, attaching the G25 means the CPU also has to poll another USB device and has to manage all the inputs as well as force feedback commands created by LFS. It's not unusual that an attached wheel reduces frame rates a bit, but taking 19 AIs as benchmark is pushing it to the extreme. The only way to fix that would be a faster CPU (NOT a multicore CPU, right now LFS doesn't make any use of these).

@Luke: Please repeat your test with 19 AIs on the grid after the lights go green. I bet your fps will be far lower than 100, maybe even 50. How many fps you get when alone on the track is completely irrelevant.
i dont know bout the ram, but graphics is agp.
btw on full online fields i have sometimes only 10-30 fps
i never get more than 40-50 i THINK
Wow.... 19's Ais is the problem i bet.. but what kind of servers you play on cruise servers? cause if it is you should get very low fps on that.. cause of objects
Maybe you just need a better power supply. A weak power supply will kill your performance. Or maybe you just need to format your hard drive if you've had the same windows installation for a few years.
#10 - wien
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Maybe you just need a better power supply. A weak power supply will kill your performance.

What? No it won't. A bad or underpowered on one may make your computer unstable, sure, but it won't get slower. Unless of course you don't have enough juice to power the graphics card, but in those cases you'll get a warning when booting up. If it boots at all.

Quote from AndroidXP :The only way to fix that would be a faster CPU (NOT a multicore CPU, right now LFS doesn't make any use of these).

More dynamic LOD reduction can also help, but at the cost of graphics detail. 15 FPS does seem a bit low for a 2.8GHz Core 2 though. (If it is a Core 2 that is?)
not a core 2. its just some intel.
i think i have less power then officially needed for my gfx card, but i dont see a warning at all, and my uncle, a pc pro, says that doesnt matter
#12 - wien
Quote from Stefani24 :not a core 2. its just some intel.

Well in that case it's probably a P4, and 15 FPS with a full AI grid isn't really anything out of the ordinary on that hardware. Turn down LOD and turn up dynamic LOD reduction to get some more FPS around a lot of AI. Also, as I said, The power shouldn't matter as long as it's stable, and the graphics card doesn't complain about lacking power.

It's still a bit strange that you take a 25% FPS hit when using the G25 though. Just sounds like too much of a drop. Is it still 25% when going around the track alone? (No AI)
i had that problem try older or newer graphics drivers, that seemed to work for me
Quote from wien :Well in that case it's probably a P4, and 15 FPS with a full AI grid isn't really anything out of the ordinary on that hardware. Turn down LOD and turn up dynamic LOD reduction to get some more FPS around a lot of AI. Also, as I said, The power shouldn't matter as long as it's stable, and the graphics card doesn't complain about lacking power.

It's still a bit strange that you take a 25% FPS hit when using the G25 though. Just sounds like too much of a drop. Is it still 25% when going around the track alone? (No AI)

intel celeron cpu 2,80 GHZ is the exact name from control panel
to 2nd question: dont know, but when im online and much cars are there i too only have 10 fps
Sorry to inform you but Celerons suck Try 9 AI's instead of 19.
2.8Ghz should be fine. The game is 3D Accelerated and the graphics card you use does matter quite a lot. Live for speed does have some pretty low requirements and judging a card by Texture memory alone is like judging a cars performance based on the size of the exhaust pipes. Some very lowly cards have been fitted with way more memory that they can really utilize; the 512MB 7600GS comes to mind! Try reducing your graphics settings overall if you haven't already. A 2.8Ghz single core (LFS can only utilize one core anyway, other than OS CPU utilization which on average should only be 1-5%) Should have no trouble with a g25 and LFS. Infact the g25 only has one more axis than most wheels and a few buttons. I've got a Flight yoke/rudder combination with double Axis/Buttons.
I use a laptop and have two controllers plugged in at the same time.
Logitech Rumble Pad 2 and a G25. I have never noticed lower FPS's.

Comp Specs:

ACer Aspire 5103wlmi

amd Turion 64x2 tl52 1.6ghz 2x512kb l2 cache
Ati Mob Radeon x1300 up to 896mb

160gbhdd

2gb ddr2 ram
got the same 2 controllers.
but it seems to work a bit better (i think i reformated iirc) so there isnt any need to help me anymore, coz ill be racing online mainly so @mods: close plz

G25 Killing fps
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG