The online racing simulator
elevation tweak for Aston
(13 posts, started )
There are several tracks around the world where fast cars get light or even airborne for a second over drastic elevation changes. I think it might be really cool if this were to be incorporated into the fast back section of Aston. I could imagine seeing road cars almost leaving the ground, with the fastest barely catching air. GTR's putting a few inches under the tires. I am guessing that the open wheel cars would have enough downforce to stay planted.

something like this:
http://www.starmazda.com/resul ... allery/Images/lrp-416.jpg
Quote from PAracer :There are several tracks around the world where fast cars get light or even airborne for a second over drastic elevation changes. I think it might be really cool if this were to be incorporated into the fast back section of Aston. I could imagine seeing road cars almost leaving the ground, with the fastest barely catching air. GTR's putting a few inches under the tires. I am guessing that the open wheel cars would have enough downforce to stay planted.

something like this:
http://www.starmazda.com/resul ... allery/Images/lrp-416.jpg

there is already! try aston historic at the S wich is uphill,almost every car flies there
I remember S1 when the cars would fly over the blackwood streight. we need another one of those exept a longer jump.
Good idea. Then we just need a badly designed car and everyone can virtually be Peter Dumbreck for a few seconds.
Quote from deggis :Good idea. Then we just need a badly designed car and everyone can virtually be Peter Dumbreck for a few seconds.

That was actually also attributed to the GTone in front of it, so not entirely the hump . Passing cars ahead of it created turbulent air.
+1 for this idea, I think it would make some tracks very challenging if there were bigger elevation changes. Just look on the chicane on Aston, it`s hard, specially with the slower cars. They don`t get airborne, but they do gets light over it, and the tail will in most cases go out, and you`ll end backwards with the tail against the wall on the outside of the chicane.
Quote from deggis :Good idea. Then we just need a badly designed car and everyone can virtually be Peter Dumbreck for a few seconds.

I was thinking of that clip while typing my original post.

I wonder if this would be a cool feature to have only on AS Historic such that it differentiates itself a little more from the other layouts.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I remember S1 when the cars would fly over the blackwood streight. we need another one of those exept a longer jump.

rofl the timez
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I remember S1 when the cars would fly over the blackwood streight. we need another one of those exept a longer jump.

LX6 was scary on BL1R
Quote from Tweaker :That was actually also attributed to the GTone in front of it, so not entirely the hump . Passing cars ahead of it created turbulent air.

But still mainly because of the design, not only CLR's design because 996 EVO 98 repeated it in Road Atlanta and also BMW V12 LMR flipped there, there's no video of the latter one though.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/techarticle1.htm

Haha ;D
Search the forum and you`ll find the download link to the first demo version

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG