The online racing simulator
Thank you @ developers
(20 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Soper
Thank you @ developers
Ok erm, this is what u see when u visit www.liveforspeed.net - the official Page

and now please compare the XFR u can see to this skin:

Sorry, but this is my skin, hardly modified. All lines are matching, even the side effect is the same. just in blue and with LfS decals.
MUST FEEL GREAT TO STEAL MY SKINS and thank you for promoting that at you devs!!!!

Sorry I am really pissed. Noone asked me, told me anything or...no...that's it. I will stop skinning. It's not worth of it. No Respect. Even it's not the devs fault, may be the betatesters. That's it..

Fox
I think this Scavier skin design is VERY old and noone has not really copyed anything. And the skin is also not made by the devs probably and actually I dont even know with what's wrong having same kinda lines in the skin, stealing a skin would be taking a skin and saying You made it.
#3 - Soper
I'll surrender. No sense in complaining I guess. But when u think it's fun spending hours for skinning and then find rips of your skins nearly every day and now on the official (!) page. Please try it out. illepall illepall illepall

I'm fed up and I think I will simply stop skinning. That's it. No more sorrows about that...

@ RUDI: sorry, but this is my design and it's not VERY old....
Quote from RudiTurbo :I think this Scavier skin design is VERY old and noone has not really copyed anything. And the skin is also not made by the devs probably and actually I dont even know with what's wrong having same kinda lines in the skin, stealing a skin would be taking a skin and saying You made it.

how old can a XFR Skin be?
Quote from SchneeFee :how old can a XFR Skin be?

Older than the first public version of cmx viewer.

But the skins do look alike (without actually superimposing the skins they still look very similar), dunno what's going on. Someone has some explaining to do

Like Rudi said, devs aren't to blame. They have people making skins, saving them time to do more important things.
so, approx 1 year right?

after S2 came out, i found 1 of my own RB4 skins again on a screenshots of a review.. Although the skin wasnt modified i wasnt asked if it may be used.
I did feel very pleased that they used MY skin!!!

@soper: maybe u just should be proud as well that ur design made it onto the official site.
Why do you see this as something negative? Out of all the amazing skins to choose from they used yours. Personally I'd take this as a compliment. Its your work representing a great sim, take pride in the fact someone found your hard work worthy of such a role. Sorry if I don't agree with you.
The problem isn't that they used one of his skins for a screenshot, the problem is that someone altered one of his skins without permission.

He has a valid point, although he could have said it with a different tone... On the other hand, I understand the frustration.

Let's just not make too big a deal out of this. Maybe the devs can say who they got the skin from and Soper can get mad at him.
#9 - Don
the skin was made by me, and yes its a copy of your skin, but its not that i stole your skin, erased your adverts and put there own. i draw it from 0, and i had no idea it could make someone so much angry as i thought your skin is just a copy of real life car.

i dont see any big deal in it, its just one pic on background, the skin doesnt come with lfs and doesnt sell it.

so, dont be angry at devs, they had no idea about this. you can be only angry on me and please dont stop skinning and i shall explain further on pm if you want
Well theres nothing like biting the hand that feeds you, its just a skin! Sure alot of work goes into creating a quality skin. But looking at the above pictures, I see a blue and white car being compared to an orange and white car.....hmm are we just comparing body lines? I'm sorry I just don't see the point of all this.
Could the devs not turn and say, hey that TNT paint is on OUR model, you stole that model to display your work! They could but wouldn't because they made that aspect open to all, my point is why doesn't it work both ways??
erm illepall
#12 - tpa
crazy germans illepall
GreyFox, have you asked TNT, Honda, Alpine & Co for permission to use their logos?
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :erm

o/t

love that avatar!!!!
pity you can't hear the tune that goes with it
#15 - Gunn
It's quite natural to be dissapointed if you have worked hard on something and then see it used for something you had no knowledge of. Don has posted his comment and offered to discuss it with Soper. So why do people need to pick up their sticks and take a swing?
Alright, that's it... Same haughty crap over and over again... Are you making money off of your skin directly? No? Shut up already, then. You're not losing anything from this except your mind.

Could the devs please put a notice in LFS stating that any and all skins created for LFS become property of LFS?

I am sorry, but I'm getting kinda tired from all this elitist graphics-artist behavior regarding skins... Using the exact same skins is another thing, but this isn't even close to a copy... It's an adaptation.
Quote from Gunn :It's quite natural to be dissapointed if you have worked hard on something and then see it used for something you had no knowledge of. Don has posted his comment and offered to discuss it with Soper. So why do people need to pick up their sticks and take a swing?

Yeah... Not changing my post, cos I need the feeling it gave me to stay on... But you're right. Sorry.
Well...
I am not elite, pro, 1337 or whatever it is named. I'm just an average skinner spending a lot of time with it. It was great fun for me and it is destroyed. Thinking all those design and make them running was great and seeing others racing it too. Thanks to all the kind comments btw. But now it's time for me to leave it alone. I'm really fed up by all those, who have no imagination, no fantasy and need to adapt or steal skins from others.
Someone here asked if I have the permission to use logos and badges of Honda, Alpine etc. In fact, YES, I am officially allowed to use Honda brands and trademarks on my skins. Even if I do not need that permission, because I'm creating 100% uncommercial skins. I make no money with them, so I am allowed. Contacted Honda ages a go anyway.

Well you've won and I've deleted my skins here. No sense for me to skin on, because here is no respect to work of others. All those wannabe pros around here are annoying and adapting other's work. Is not skilled, is not pro. It's just nothing. but carry on with that. I'm done here.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year..

Fox
gunn plz close this thread, this will be pm handled. original poster, soper, can msg mods if he aint happy with pms outcome and unlock this thread.
nothing to be gained from external opinions without any knowledge on this matter.
#20 - Gunn
I agree thoroughly.
This thread is closed

Thank you @ developers
(20 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG