Is My drifting Good ?
(70 posts, started )
Is My drifting Good ?
Hello

I ask if my drift is good

the replay movie is in the attachement

Thank's

PS: Normal ? If I drift a lost a lot of speed
PS2 : Using Handbrake for drift is that good ?
Attached files
RAM0011.spr - 52.3 KB - 273 views
1) it's a FWD car
2) your lines are horrid
3) your entry is awful (but Arab drifters would like that)
4) that concludes the review since I didn't bother watching further than the first corner

conclusion : your drifting is not even drifting

advice to other people who might want to see this : AVOID
So i'm +/- in Arab drift ??
Arab Drifting, please... Where has all the talent gone?
euuh I don't know

But normal drift must we use the HandBrake ?
hehe, basicly it always depends on the setup car and how you handle it... hand break is good for tight corners..
tweak...
btw why did u make 2 threads?
Quote from ToXiC10 :hehe, basicly it always depends on the setup car and how you handle it... hand break is good for tight corners..

that's for people who are too scared to do anything... quick feint then clutch kick at high RPM!
Quote from RAM0011 :So i'm +/- in Arab drift ??

YEAH, you're exactly arab drifting - trying to get sideway a car that hasn't been made to go sideways, while beeing totally out of control, and having no idea what is going on or going to happen to the car in the next second...
actually, you can get anything with an engine and wheels to oversteer in an amazingly managed fashion... if you are tiff needle...
Quote from atlantian :actually, you can get anything with an engine and wheels to oversteer in an amazingly managed fashion... if you are tiff needle...

yes, you can, but at the same time you are going to be so boring that nobody will come watch you
Quote from atlantian :that's for people who are too scared to do anything... quick feint then clutch kick at high RPM!

Yeh, im only saying this because he's kinda like that I don't drift like that don't worrie
Quote from atlantian :that's for people who are too scared to do anything...

yeah, just like professional D1 GP drifters
Quote from squidhead :yeah, just like professional D1 GP drifters

errrrm... you start out learning about drifting with the ebrake, you typically don't use it exept to correct the angle of the car as you go throught the corner. some D1GP drifters use the ebrake to do straight line drifts(early initiation), but most use feint.

and yes, ebrakes are for EMERGENCIES, like when you haven't planned out the line and you need to correct your line as you are going too fast into a corner. and they are also for people who are scared; you can whip a car around 180 degrees with a clutch kick-powerover.

oh, and it's for noobs in FF's

(note:when i say "noobs in FF's"...i did not say FF drivers are noob drifters, i ment noob drifters who USE ff's)
Quote from atlantian :errrrm... you start out learning about drifting with the ebrake, you typically don't use it exept to correct the angle of the car as you go throught the corner. some D1GP drifters use the ebrake to do straight line drifts(early initiation), but most use feint.

somehow when I watched the D1 GP I saw completely different approach
Handbrake as initiation and as angle correction...
Quote from squidhead :somehow when I watched the D1 GP I saw completely different approach
Handbrake as initiation and as angle correction...

that's good for you, because ebrake turns are frowned apon in drifting, because it slows you down more then the other techniques...

you are basically "un-syncing" the tires to the ground, and speeding up the tires is much better then slowing them down.

and as i remember, Ueo, the best corolla driver in the sport always RIDES the throttle, with clutch kick initiation, no brakes of anykind for him.
Well I have talked to a local drifter (4 years of weekly sideways action , he's good) and he told me one thing
You learn with a handbrake, then you think that it's for newbies, and only MUCH LATER you realize what kind of a tool Handbrake really is, and what can you achieve by using it properly...
so on one hand we have

D1 GP Professional drifters using handbrake
A local extremely good drifter telling me that handbrake is a powerful tool in drifting

and on the other hand

you, who say that handbrake is for noobs....
so...everyone drives/drifts other then other, i mostly use ebrake like in FernBay or some other thight track and it doenst slow me down that much just kick the throttle after and off u go
Quote from atlantian :that's good for you, because ebrake turns are frowned apon in drifting, because it slows you down more then the other techniques...

you are basically "un-syncing" the tires to the ground, and speeding up the tires is much better then slowing them down.

and as i remember, Ueo, the best corolla driver in the sport always RIDES the throttle, with clutch kick initiation, no brakes of anykind for him.

I'll agree that the hand brake is primarily a learning tool and should be used as little as possible... However, the hand brake is used quite often by great drivers. Keep in mind that lots of drivers use the hand brake but never lock the rear tires, so it's almost unnoticeable to the untrained eye.

In lay terms there's nothing wrong with using the hand brake, but there is certainly something wrong with over using it.

BTW mantvisrep, drifting looks nice and smooth but your transitions need some work. Decent drifting.
Quote from BigTime :I'll agree that the hand brake is primarily a learning tool and should be used as little as possible... However, the hand brake is used quite often by great drivers. Keep in mind that lots of drivers use the hand brake but never lock the rear tires, so it's almost unnoticeable to the untrained eye.

In lay terms there's nothing wrong with using the hand brake, but there is certainly something wrong with over using it.

BTW mantvisrep, drifting looks nice and smooth but your transitions need some work. Decent drifting.

oh, yes, but i was talking about ebrake initiation, ebrakes can help you grip in rallies where you if you have exessive wheelspin in the rear tires.

BTW, @squidhead, how is the ebrake a powerful tool? it can be used to brake loose traction at a moment's notice, but so can a very abrupt clutch drop.
Quote from squidhead :Well I have talked to a local drifter (4 years of weekly sideways action , he's good) and he told me one thing
You learn with a handbrake, then you think that it's for newbies, and only MUCH LATER you realize what kind of a tool Handbrake really is, and what can you achieve by using it properly...
so on one hand we have

D1 GP Professional drifters using handbrake
A local extremely good drifter telling me that handbrake is a powerful tool in drifting

and on the other hand

you, who say that handbrake is for noobs....

yeh, kind of, it comes apparent pretty quickly how useful the handbrake is mid corner, having the handbrake allows u to maintain angle whilst slightly slowing down as throttle will move u in the direction of the rear wheels and usually against the momentum, meaning the car is pushed into the corner as well as picking up some momentum. if ur coming in shallow and wont make it to the apex u sometimes have to "arse drag" which is pretty much holding the handbrake to maintain the angle and keeping with the way of the momentum instead of pushing against it and into the corner, meaning it wipes off momentum without pushing against it. arse dragging isnt really looked well upon, buts its often better than straightening up to make the corner.

also when it comes to battles, if u carry more speed into a corner then use the handbrake to enter wiping off some speed, it will be easy for the follower to keep up on ur arse, if u carry less speed down the straight and use a flick or something and power into the corner its a lot easier to get some distance on the follower.

so yeh, a lot of top level drivers use the handbrake to adjust the drift, but for entry u really need to get the scando or similar mastered.

Is My drifting Good ?
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG